Anyone else frustrated with Ford over the next GT500?

jtfx6552

Established Member
I certainly don't mind if Ford offers a Performance Data Recorder as an option. I just don't want to be saddled with the cost of it being a standard feature.

Have you been on a track and used a data recorder? I could give a flying **** if it has the latest greatest camera technology. All I want is to see where i am on the track and the data.

Aftermarket options are a pain in the ass to mount, make sure they are running, to integrate with non OBD data like braking information.

conceptmachine

Established Member
I thought it was almost as bad as the cooler fiasco with tech packs, that there are no tow hooks for easy install on the 350's. Ford, at least offer a plug and play system for this GT500. If it is even remotely going to be a track car, make a special location for them and have it ready to screw in the eye bolt.

Voltwings

Established Member
Have you been on a track and used a data recorder? I could give a flying **** if it has the latest greatest camera technology. All I want is to see where i am on the track and the data.

Aftermarket options are a pain in the ass to mount, make sure they are running, to integrate with non OBD data like braking information.

This. I dont think a lot of people realize how hard (or expensive) it is to integrate something like an AIM solo, or go pro + blu tooth dongle when compared to the Chevrolet PDR.

bpmurr

Established Member

Let me repeat I have no problem with Ford offering a performance data recorder as an option. I have not had the chance to use one built into a car on track. Just my external Waylens, which I freely admin has it's own set of limitations. Their poor mount design being the biggest one.

In this modern world of applications offering APIs to access data maybe we should be asking Ford to do the same for the cars performance data. That way third party devices could obtain the same level of information. More choice is a good thing!

tt335ci03cobra

Established Member
SVTP OG 4 Life
If it doesn’t come with an optional iPad windshield, cast me as a hater. I want to play video games whil I drive.

My google job says I can be any post humanist I want to be and I chose a video gaming addicted reptile named Gandalf the greenback.

I also want the car to come with a telescoping hood/front end so it’s easier to park. And I think it’s time we finally got an optional station wagon version for family hauling.

351stang

Beast ZL1
Established Member
I got the $1200 PDR option on my ZL1 and specially passed on a cheaper car without it. I originally thought that you could integrate something better and cheaper, but didn't find something out of the box that came close. Video quality isn't HD, but the data overlay options are perfect for drag racing, road racing, or even spirited driving on country roads. It is a lot of fun and it is seemlessly integrated. The only issue with it is that you have to use FAT32 formatted SD cards and cards over 32 GB need to be formatted with a hard drive utility program. It's a Windows thing, not a GM thing.

THE_EVIL_TW1N

Established Member
I got the $1200 PDR option on my ZL1 and specially passed on a cheaper car without it. I originally thought that you could integrate something better and cheaper, but didn't find something out of the box that came close. Video quality isn't HD, but the data overlay options are perfect for drag racing, road racing, or even spirited driving on country roads. It is a lot of fun and it is seemlessly integrated. The only issue with it is that you have to use FAT32 formatted SD cards and cards over 32 GB need to be formatted with a hard drive utility program. It's a Windows thing, not a GM thing.
I'm sure the data it provides is valuable. It sucks to think though that some vendor probably sold GM 10 year old cameras for like a $1 apiece and then GM turns around and sells them for $1200. It's like GM didn't even bother to check the definition that the cameras recorded at.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

DBK

Re-retired
Established Member
Dude, you think that shit is bad? Look at the ****ing absolutely garbage data recorder that comes in a McLaren. Here's the next-level potato cam setup your $4,610 got you in a 675LT.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Dude, you think that shit is bad? Look at the ****ing absolutely garbage data recorder that comes in a McLaren. Here's the next-level potato cam setup your $4,610 got you in a 675LT.
HA HAAAAAAAAAAAA
4,610 "next level potato cam set up".

GT Premi

Well known member
Established Member
PDR footage. The raw "non-youtube" footage is better, but not much. The data and the convenience is still badass.

Did that GTR have a busted suspension? They weren't going particularly fast, but that thing was rolling over on its rocker panels like an '80s Cadillac.

Users who are viewing this thread