Anyone else have problem getting Vmp tune

Nsssane1

Established Member
I installed my Whipple 10 days ago and decided to order a Vmp tune the same day because of the reviews I've heard, soooo the following Tuesday I email with no response, so Friday comes around I give them a call they say I'm near the top and will have tune by Monday at latest, so now it's Tuesday and no tune, 10 days, I wanna drive my car. I hate to see how long it takes to get datalogs looked at. Anyone had a similar problem.:shrug:

evasive

Pro 2A Attorney
Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
Nah, I did a Lund Racing Tuned dyno session :) If you can swing that with VMP money-wise, it's the better way to go but more expensive. They are one reason I went TVS and I'm using a VMP 2.4 pulley, among other things. You'll be happy either way - they are in high demand for good reason and worth the wait.

Last edited:

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I installed my Whipple 10 days ago and decided to order a Vmp tune the same day because of the reviews I've heard, soooo the following Tuesday I email with no response, so Friday comes around I give them a call they say I'm near the top and will have tune by Monday at latest, so now it's Tuesday and no tune, 10 days, I wanna drive my car. I hate to see how long it takes to get datalogs looked at. Anyone had a similar problem.:shrug:

Call in the morning (Wednesday). And yes, we're normally 10 days. Sometimes more, sometimes less...depends on orders.

You can also do a remote session with Justin as someone so suggested. It certainly costs more, but you're also guaranteed a time and one-on-one.

bj

Last edited:

Nsssane1

Established Member
Call in the morning (Wednesday). And yes, we're normally 10 days. Sometimes more, sometimes less...depends on orders.

You can also do a remote session with Justin as someone so suggested. It certainly costs more, but you're also guaranteed a time and one-on-one.

bj

I'll try and call but will probably be working, is a remote session what I think taking the car to a local dyno shop and calling up your tuner for the tune, seems that wouldn't make the local shop happy, or am I way off on the understanding of remote session. I was hoping to send in datalogs to get this right.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
I'll try and call but will probably be working, is a remote session what I think taking the car to a local dyno shop and calling up your tuner for the tune, seems that wouldn't make the local shop happy, or am I way off on the understanding of remote session. I was hoping to send in datalogs to get this right.

You're correct on your assumption. It happens all the time. Not all shops with dynos have on-staff calibrators.

Yes, you can datalog and we'll review and tweak, if necessary.
I was simply offering you an option since you were unhappy about the wait.

PLEASE REACH ME VIA EMAIL AT [email protected] AS OPPOSED TO PM. THANKS.

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Here's an idea and what I always do. About a week before you do the install you know the parts your using already. Order the tune the week before and I've always got mine by then. If your waiting until the day of the install to order there is always going to be a delay. There's also an option to pay extra for rush shipping if time is an issue.

Last edited:

Bonefish

FKNGFST
Established Member
Nah, I did a Lund Racing Tuned dyno session :) If you can swing that with VMP money-wise, it's the better way to go but more expensive. They are one reason I went TVS and I'm using a VMP 2.4 pulley, among other things. You'll be happy either way - they are in high demand for good reason and worth the wait.

Your lucky then....Lund is also quite booked but, I see you are in Florida so, I assume you went to Power By the Hour? He works in conjunction with them...correct?

69b302

Established Member
Order your tune a head of time, and then call to review datalogs. This has worked for me. Getting our cars tuned can take some time, so I try an avoid lots of minor changes. Justin is not that hard to get on the phone, if you can call in the mornings. He did go on vacation once, and that did add some delay.

1320 Junkie

Established Member
I have used VMP and Lund...both are great via email....I have Justins cell # so I get pretty awesome customer service,lol.

Coonsnake

Established Member
Never bought a tune from Justin but 10 days isnt that long of a wait for quality work especially right here close to Sema and the PRI show. Some of the guys on here that kno me know ive waited alot longer than that for work to be done. Hope you enjoy your tune, Im sure its a good one.:)

Nsssane1

Established Member
Update: Well sent data logs over 2 weeks ago, and tried calling but still no response from Vmp. 12/12 will be 2 months from when I ordered tune. At least I enjoy looking at the car.:nonono: I sent them an email maybe I'll get a response.

VNMOUS1

Established Member
Update: Well sent data logs over 2 weeks ago, and tried calling but still no response from Vmp. 12/12 will be 2 months from when I ordered tune. At least I enjoy looking at the car.:nonono: I sent them an email maybe I'll get a response.

You tried calling who? We're there Mon-Fri 9a-5p eastern and closed for lunch 12n-1p.

No one answered your call??

Kenneth

Established Member
I've always had great service with Bj concerning VMP tunes.
He always answers Emails in a timely manner, even had Justin call me black Friday concerning a tune update, (I wanted a change to tune) by time I hung up with Justin the updated tune was in my inbox.

Users who are viewing this thread