Anyone Else Make A Killing On Ford Stock Today?

WP64

I Couldn't Care Less...
Established Member
Holy Smokes, I almost made 1/2 of a 2010 Mustang GT on my Ford stock today, Ford is kicking ass, making all the right moves and leaving the other American auto manufactures in the dust.

FORD = Financially Outperforms the Rest of Detriot :banana:

Ford Shines at The 2010 Detroit Auto Show

"The 2010 Detroit Auto Show starts today and the press has first access to a preview of what is to come. Ford has already won several awards and appears to be the shining US car manufacturer at the 2010 Detroit Auto Show.

The 2010 Detroit auto show is a little more subdued than previous years, with many automakers just happy to be around after one of the worst years in the auto industry.

The 2010 Detroit auto show lost the Sunday start date and a two-day preview replaces the regular three-day rollout of new cars. Press day begins Monday, January 11 and the public show starts Saturday, January 16 and ends Sunday, January 24, 2010.

The hype on the 2010 North American International Auto Show isn’t as big as it has been in the past, because the car manufacturers just don’t have the money to do a big show like that have in previous years.

Projected sales forecasts are up for 2010 though and $11.5 million in sales are projected, up from $ 10.4 million in 2009, according to CNN Money.

Ford is the only one of the big three US car manufacturers that didn’t take a government bailout. They have laid off 20,000 employees over the last few years, but they are surviving. Ford was also the only US automaker to gain market share last year.

Ford won several awards at the North American International Auto Show on January 11. Ford received the North American Car of the Year Award for their 2010 Focus Hybrid. Ford also won the North American Truck of the Year award for the Transit Connect. In November, the Fusion Hybrid was awarded the Motor Trend Car of the Year.

Mark Field, President of Ford Americas division said: “Winning both of these prestigious awards is confirmation that the ONE Ford plan is working, delivering industry-leading products for our customers.”
The Fusion Hybrid is a hybrid gas/electric version of Ford's popular Fusion mid-sized sedan. It gets 41 miles per gallon in the city and 36 on the highway.

The 2010 Ford Shelby Mustang is about $43,000 for the coupe and $48,000 for the convertible. The Mustang’s 540 horsepower has undeniable appeal for those who want power. Carroll Shelby, helped to celebrate his 86th birthday by introducing this supercharged racer."

Read article here Ford Shines at The 2010 Detroit Auto Show | HULIQ

VenomGTX

Awesome SVT Poster
Established Member
The new Focus looks like a serious contender. I think they have a completely revamped line-up now, minus the Ranger and Explorer.

allgo90

Established Member
i remember when it was about $1 i was going to buy about 5k...i kick myself in the ass everytime i look at F stock now

Wishing4Cobra

Established Member
Damn its trading at 12.11 now.

Wow i remember when it was like $2. Maybe i should get in now..

thomas91169

# of bans = 5203
Established Member
Damn its trading at 12.11 now.

Wow i remember when it was like $2. Maybe i should get in now..

chrtsrv.dll

back in '98 it was $32-35 a share, and the stuff ford is doing now is lightyears ahead of the crap they were producing in 98. Hell and that was still when Ford was losing the battle vs the imports, Ford is doing better than most right now, even Hondurr and Toy Yoda.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
chrtsrv.dll

back in '98 it was $32-35 a share, and the stuff ford is doing now is lightyears ahead of the crap they were producing in 98. Hell and that was still when Ford was losing the battle vs the imports, Ford is doing better than most right now, even Hondurr and Toy Yoda.

well no shit, that was 12 years ago...

----------------
Now playing: Atreyu - Lose It
via FoxyTunes

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
I bought 2000 shares at $1.25, and sold at $5.25.

Nice profit, absolutely.. But could have made a lot more if I'd held onto it.. :shrug:

I will say this, I took my profit, and bought some other stocks that are now up another 25%, so overall I had a good year in the market..

sharkbite

Filthy
Established Member
I was debating whether or not it was too late to get in. Didn't wanna buy too high then have the floor drop out.

WireEater

Dumpster Baby
Established Member
I'd stick with it for awhile because unless we hit another huge slump in the next upcoming years, there will be a lot of prosperous people who bought in when it was at a $1.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
i bought at $1.96 and $3.35 and sold it all at $5.96

didnt do too bad and im not mad about not having held onto it

carrrnuttt

My shit don't stink
Established Member
itll get back to there and better seeing they have far better product quality now then in 98.

I figured it was only a matter of time until they brought what they were doing overseas stateside.

Ford never faltered in quality overseas, especially in England and Australia. Although we still don't get the Aussie cars (I wish), Fords have always been considered high-quality by these two countries. Hell the Ford Mondeo is considered somewhat upscale in England. Fords are almost considered domestics in that country.

Ford just didn't bring what they were doing over there earlier, because of the the ****ing UAW, and their resistance to cars and components that is not "theirs," as in foreign-designed, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread