Anyone else see the end coming

SlowSVT

Established Member
I don't know,.....did it? It's rumored to make a debut next month.
What about the Raptor then? What about the new ZL1, the ZR1, the ZL-1LE, the Demon, the Hellcats, the GT350(R) cars, and the C7 Corvettes? Why would these beasts keep coming out if the gubberment is trying to delete them?

Those cars are already in existence and in production

The 20XX GT500 ............ not so much. The window for that car is closing fast and likely doesn't make much economic sense especially with the hybrid Mustang coming in 2022. From what my friend learned talking to a sales executive at SEMA is it's not happening. I hope he is wrong and Ford surprises us all. I don't think I could stomach a hybrid Mustang.

2011 gtcs

GT500 poster
Established Member
Premium Member
I have to agree, unless Ford drops the new GT500 in April I would say its not coming out, I might be wrong and I hope I am. But I don't see them making a new GT500 anymore.

PonyGlued

350R wannabe
Established Member
well it’s been fun all these years:
56 Chevy
57 Chevy noma
Olds 442
65 Triumph bonneville
68 Mustang
1956 Pan head Harley stick shift
various Ford pickup trucks
1998 Mustang
and Baby Mustang... I will miss the combustion engine dearly

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

DropSVT

Established Member
Just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this lol great thread !!

SlowSVT

Established Member
Just wasted 10 minutes of my life reading this lol great thread !!

Just imagine how the people who have been reading the threads in the section for the last 4 years feel like.

Looks like all we may get is a Bullitt............yawn

Revvv

Infinity Poster
Established Member
The extinction of combustion engines is a long way off. Heavy equipment depends on the instant refill of their tanks, and the torque the engines provide on a continuous basis.

Oil companies are not going to endorse products that put them out of business either. The downside I see is that fuel prices will continue to climb. That will have a negative economic impact in general.

One more point; even with the dramatic advancements in EV technology, charging times are a huge inconvenience at this time. If you live in an urban or suburban area it is unlikely this is much of a concern. However, most of the US is rural. That makes an all electric vehicle mandate that much more difficult.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

GNBRETT

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Im now thoroughly convinced YOUR a Robot that needs re-programing!

yeah non of us want this to happen I think Ford will just continue on but making Robots now.... the thinking right now is the Robots can’t share the ride with humans, maybe some future tech will save us so we can continue to drive our favorite haunts and pick up woman

SlowSVT

Established Member
Hy
The extinction of combustion engines is a long way off. Heavy equipment depends on the instant refill of their tanks, and the torque the engines provide on a continuous basis.

Oil companies are not going to endorse products that put them out of business either. The downside I see is that fuel prices will continue to climb. That will have a negative economic impact in general.

One more point; even with the dramatic advancements in EV technology, charging times are a huge inconvenience at this time. If you live in an urban or suburban area it is unlikely this is much of a concern. However, most of the US is rural. That makes an all electric vehicle mandate that much more difficult.

Sent from my SM-G930V using the svtperformance.com mobile app

Your ignoring the other side of the equation

Hybrids use fossils fuels, houses use it for home heating oil, industry uses it for lubricants and chemical companies use it to make plastics and other industrial and commercial products. In that respect reducing the world wide demand for fossil fuels is a good thing. Once they resolve the issues with batteries, cars and light duty commercial vehicles use of small gas engines will quickly go extinct. The environmental lobby is just as influential as the oil companies and have a better sustainability and environmental position.

Lawrenzo

Established Member
Paris is banning gasoline cars from entering the city as of 2030. Britain plans on banning all sales of petrol cars in 2040- period. London is currently rolling out an “ultra low emission zone” which will see gas-guzzling vehicles pay daily charges to enter the city center from 2020, while Oxford’s “Zero Emission Zone” will ban emitting vehicles from entering part of the city center flat out from 2020. It's only a matter of time.

Our government could easily add an extra tax on gasoline to the point of making it prohibitively expensive. Kommiefornia will likely lead the way.

tones_RS3

I like members members.
Established Member
Premium Member
Paris is banning gasoline cars from entering the city as of 2030. Britain plans on banning all sales of petrol cars in 2040- period. London is currently rolling out an “ultra low emission zone” which will see gas-guzzling vehicles pay daily charges to enter the city center from 2020, while Oxford’s “Zero Emission Zone” will ban emitting vehicles from entering part of the city center flat out from 2020. It's only a matter of time.
Our government could easily add an extra tax on gasoline to the point of making it prohibitively expensive. Kommiefornia will likely lead the way.
We kind of already do with the gas guzzler tax. Like on Roush, Hellcat cars, Trackhawk, and so on.
Granted it's a one time fee, but still paying for it as it's built right into the sticker price.

Users who are viewing this thread