Anyone else watching the Casey Anthony trial?

NJ03SVTCobra

Addicted Open Tracker
Established Member
I've been trying to follow the case as much as possible. We are watching a prime example of a Psychopath.
I'm sure a lot of the liberals are thinking there no way this young attractive female could kill her own child. This is what Defense Liars dream about! Liberalists on their jury panels who can't put all the pieces of a puzzle together.
I did see where she turned on the waterworks when the Defense Liars do their work. Funny she didn't turn it on when the Prosecution was doing their part.
The Defense Liars are doing a good coaching job on her when to cry and look so innocent.

While I do agree, in this case the defense attorney is blatantly lying for a defense, I notice you always reference all defense attorneys as "defense liars" not all of them are, and of course prosecuters have "lied or fibbed" before to.... Why categorize all defense attorney's as defense liars then?

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Well after twenty two years in law enforcement and countless hours in the courtroom I guess I have become very callous towards Defense Attorneys. I have seen what they have done in the courtroom and to their own clients. We used to have a District Judge who would actually scold the Defense for the amount of Bull Crap in tying up the courtroom so they can look good before their clients. It really is disgusting!
There used to be a code of honor among Defense Attorneys but that went out the door a long time ago.
Although I agree with you that not all are are liars, but that is a small minority. I speak from experience.
So until I see a change in the system, that will be my opinion. Thank you very much

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Thats something I hate about the system. Its not a matter of whether a person is truly guilty/innocent, its about how good your lawyer is. Its about how good he/she is at manipulating the jury and courtroom by using different psychological strategies.

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
People are funny. IDK if she's guilty or not, but until she is found guilty or innocent, I don't quite understand how anyone can assume she's guilty and want her dead. That's pretty heavy, eh? I guess its easy to wish death on someone when its not your ass on the line.

No one is ever found innocent by a court of law. The defendant is either guilty or not guilty, but never innocent.

People are listening to the evidence and making logical and reasonable inferences that lead them to the conclusion of her guilt.

DefCon3

Established Member
Although my original impression was that Casey Anthony was guilty of murder, l'm starting to suspect that the death was an accident. My hunch was that Casey used Chloroform to put the little girl to sleep one afternoon or evening, and the girl died of an accidental overdose. She panicked and, being a congenital liar, tried to cover it up with stories of abduction.

Lt. ZO6

Established Member
...l'm starting to suspect that the death was an accident.

My hunch was that Casey used Chloroform to put the little girl to sleep one afternoon or evening, and the girl died of an accidental overdose.

She panicked and, being a congenital liar, tried to cover it up with stories of abduction.

Would a reasonable and prudent parent consider utilizing chloroform to induce sleep? Or would a reasonable and prudent parent deduce the use of chloroform would be hazardous to the health of their children?

DefCon3

Established Member
Never said that Casey was either reasonable or prudent. She's a self-indulgent bimbo, and probably wanted to put the kid to sleep so she could party. But I haven't read or heard anything that indicated she planned to murder the child.

Iceman II

Right Behind You!
Established Member
Man, this case just keeps getting worse and worse. They try to show her incompetant to stand trial. Then they accuse a meter reader of moving the remains for a money reward. Then after that didnt work, now they bring the father in with some horse sh__
about having an affair with someone of help search for the babys body.
When is the grasping at straws going to end?

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Sorry to bump, but the defense finished their closing arguments today.

Baez may have made some rookie-like blunders throughout the case; however, there is no denying that he is damn good in front of a jury. If I'm sitting in that jury box today, I think I have reasonable doubt as to how the kid died.

Any predictions? As for me, I think she's fighting an uphill battle, but I'll venture a guess and say she misses murder 1, 2, and aggravated manslaughter.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
Sorry to bump, but the defense finished their closing arguments today.

Baez may have made some rookie-like blunders throughout the case; however, there is no denying that he is damn good in front of a jury. If I'm sitting in that jury box today, I think I have reasonable doubt as to how the kid died.

Any predictions? As for me, I think she's fighting an uphill battle, but I'll venture a guess and say she misses murder 1, 2, and aggravated manslaughter.

Ashton just did his rebuttal and knocked out all of Baez's non-sensical reasonable doubt arguments.

She is charged with Felony Murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to police.

If they prove the aggravated child abuse and that resulted in Caylee's death, as it is an inherently dangerous felony, then she also gets Felony Murder.

FordSVTFan

Established Member
i wouldnt hire baez to defend me on a speeding ticket. that guy is an absolute moron.

Moron, yes. But a slick talker too. The messed up thing is that since she was charged with a capital crime with the D.P. attached, the taxpayers are paying for her defense. Had they not attached the D.P. then she would have had to handle this on her own or use the P.D.

joeg215

Readin posts, rollin eyes
Established Member
Moron, yes. But a slick talker too. The messed up thing is that since she was charged with a capital crime with the D.P. attached, the taxpayers are paying for her defense. Had they not attached the D.P. then she would have had to handle this on her own or use the P.D.

So who chooses the lawyers in these death penalty cases since the taxpayers are paying for it?

Slow04Cobra

ROLL TIDE
Established Member
Ashton just did his rebuttal and knocked out all of Baez's non-sensical reasonable doubt arguments.

She is charged with Felony Murder, aggravated child abuse, aggravated manslaughter of a child and four counts of providing false information to police.

If they prove the aggravated child abuse and that resulted in Caylee's death, as it is an inherently dangerous felony, then she also gets Felony Murder.

No doubt she will be found guilty of the providing false information charges, but I'm not convinced of the other charges. I watched the bulk of the case and there is no way I could find her guilty beyond a reasonable doubt of the murder charges.

Users who are viewing this thread