Anyone ever do a Yellowstone snowmobile trip?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've been to Yellowstone multiple times in the summer, I think it would be a blast to go in the winter when you can snowmobile tours etc... - If anyone else has gone looking for recommendations on tour groups etc...

edit: I've been riding atvs, dirt bikes etc...all my life so definitely looking for some time thats not just 10 mph single file riding. I realize that might involve another rental outside of the park

velocicaur

Established Member
It's on my bucket list. It's supposed to be the pinnacle of snowmobiling but I haven't made it yet. I've been in Michigan my whole life so it's been nothing but flat land riding for me. Still, 70mph on 8' wide trails with trees on both sides gets the blood pumping. You're in for a real treat no matter where you go. Snowmobiling is about the only positive thing about living in the north.

I can't really find much on it. My usual websites are mainly flat landers but there should be people that can point you in the right direction. There are quite a few people that make a yearly trip out west. You could check Hardcoresledder, Arcticchat, Totallyamaha, and dootalk which are all huge forums.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I've never snowmobiled. I do know someone who did it multiple times and had a blast. He went with a couple of close friends. I also know it can be dangerous zipping along at those high speeds out in the wilderness, especially if you don't know the terrain. If you do go, have fun....and be safe!

Users who are viewing this thread