Anyone ever have their Supercharger stuck to the intake manifold?

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
I've pulled off several eatons and done a few swaps and have never encountered this problem before. Removed the intake manifold to head bolts, took out the front coolant part that goes to the intercooler. Put 4 bolts back in to hold the intake manifold down while I took off all the supercharger bolts. Went to pull off the supercharger and its stuck to the manifold. So much so its like I never even removed the bolts. :shrug: I used Permatx Ultra Black maximum oil resistance RTV silicone gasket maker to seal the blower and manifold. Used this once before and didnt have this issue. Short of using a torch to try and heat the gasket up around the blower Im stumped on how to get this sucker off. :shrug:

Senkak

SVT Poster
Established Member
RTV can be a pain to brake loose sometimes.
After you have made sure ALL the blower bolts are out pry or pull up on the snout to break it free.
Use the stock gasket between the blower and intake next time.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
RTV can be a pain to brake loose sometimes.
After you have made sure ALL the blower bolts are out pry or pull up on the snout to break it free.
Use the stock gasket between the blower and intake next time.

I actually used both :shrug: And I triple checked that all the bolts were off. Was actually up in the engine bay. Was like trying to dead lift my whole engine :lol:

selbyvince

Established Member
i took mine out last week, had the gasket and rtv as well, pried it up with a pry bar on the passnger side in the back under the plenum and it popped lose.

selbyvince

Established Member
Nah, I used a pry bar on the snout across the pulley bridge to get mine off. If you're a ninja or something I'm sure you could kick it off.

lol a ninja! man you must know something about the OP that we dont lol --OP, i think you should try and kick the snout, just so we know if your a ninja or not :p

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
Leverage is your friend

Ill try this as soon as I get home from work. :beer:

Nah, I used a pry bar on the snout across the pulley bridge to get mine off. If you're a ninja or something I'm sure you could kick it off.

Ill try this. thanks

lol a ninja! man you must know something about the OP that we dont lol --OP, i think you should try and kick the snout, just so we know if your a ninja or not :p

:lol: Damn I cant believe I forgot about my Ninja super powers. Ill kick it right off when I get home.

cj428mach

Established Member
with the bolts threaded into the lower a little bit you can try jerking up and down on the snout a few times to get a slide hammer effect. I used that red brush on gasket sealer on mine last time, I hope I don't regret it when its time to go bigger.

Darko

Burn-N-Out
Established Member
with the bolts threaded into the lower a little bit you can try jerking up and down on the snout a few times to get a slide hammer effect. I used that red brush on gasket sealer on mine last time, I hope I don't regret it when its time to go bigger.

Honestly I was shocked how much it's holding the blower down. Great gasket if you don't plan on removing it anytime soon.

But the whole blower won't even budge. Just got home, gonna try the leverage idea.

vadorsnake04

Established Member
This is one of those times when you ask yourself, what would chuck Norris do? Lol! Glad you got it!

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Well, I'm happy to hear to got it off. Reminded me of the first time I removed the shifter on my old '03 Cobra. That sucker wouldn't budge. I finally used a rubber mallet to knock it loose. So yeah, RTV can be miserable.

01Jes

Z06 bought with food stamps
Established Member
Whooo hoooo so excited to get Darko's new to me blower:beer:

Bet Darko goes twin screw within the next 6 months :)

Users who are viewing this thread