anyone familiar with total performance solutions in praireville, la??

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
are these people legit? didnt hear good feedback on them...i need a tuner close to lafayette, la. which i know there is none, so any suggestions?

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
are these people legit? didnt hear good feedback on them...i need a tuner close to lafayette, la. which i know there is none, so any suggestions?

Ive heard good and bad. I took my car to Cody at Stang Hi Performance in
Baton Rouge. Basically same distance for you.

I looked at both shops and Codys seemed more professional. But thats just my opnion. When I have a issue or question he awnsers them no questions asked.

pm me if you need any other info

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
ive never heard bad things about TPS? They are 10 min from my house and everyone around here has nothing but good things to say about them

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
ive never heard bad things about TPS? They are 10 min from my house and everyone around here has nothing but good things to say about them

i just didnt really hear good things..do they specialize in mustang tuning?

Take your car to Stang Hi. Cody works on these cars all day everday(Modulars). Cody is very professional and runs a nice clean cut shop. No BS no beating around the bush. He's taken care of plenty of us on this site... TeamShockerracing.com and Mustangevolution. The only thing I wish Cody had was a Mustang Dyno and not a Dynojet. Cody has came a long way from when he first opened his shop and is running an excellent business.

I've had my experiences with TPS for years and I received a very rotten deal the last experience I had. I can provide details on my experiences if you like..PM me. I have given TPS numerous of references, made trades, and just helped those guys out whenever I could by word of mouth and would have by any other way but I refuse to any longer.

Last edited:

trailblazer sss

ford ***** again
Established Member
ive had good luck with TPS when i needed something an ive had bad luck with cody one time but other then that it really doesnt matter who you choose there both great. But if i had to do it again i would go to cody.

brandon

xfrosty63x

Established Member
I have heard very few things about TPS, but they've all been good. Nothing amazing. But good experiences nonetheless.

But when it comes to Cody and StangHi, I suggest you be careful with them. I know Cody does great work, but he is a horrible communicator. If you have time to wait for his work and for him to respond to your questions, then go with him. But don't expect him to treat you like you're someone special when you deal with him.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
I have heard very few things about TPS, but they've all been good. Nothing amazing. But good experiences nonetheless.

But when it comes to Cody and StangHi, I suggest you be careful with them. I know Cody does great work, but he is a horrible communicator. If you have time to wait for his work and for him to respond to your questions, then go with him. But don't expect him to treat you like you're someone special when you deal with him.

kinda just seems like i need to just find a tuner in texas...i know they got good ones in texas...like texas hot rods

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member
I'm having Vince at L&S put gears in my Shelby next month. I think if you build a relationship with anyone they'll be more accessible for you.:beer:

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
well im kinda bummed...the new plugs didnt fix my issue..i called my tuner in TN, and he looked over my tune and said he wants to send me some adjustments and email it to me so i can load it on to my tuner...im hoping this helps cause this is stressful, especially with this being my daily driver...

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
kinda just seems like i need to just find a tuner in texas...i know they got good ones in texas...like texas hot rods

Call Murillo Motorsports in San Antonio

or James Running with the Devil (which I don't know exactly where he is)

Last edited:

xfrosty63x

Established Member
Triangle Speed Shop is in Orange. I haven't brought one of my personal vehicles there, but many of my family members, friends, and their families have. They all have had positive experiences. The guys over there are cool guys, and I love chatting with them whenever I get a chance. But even with saying all of that, I still just have it set in my mind to go with a tuner with much more exposure when I get mine finished. I don't need a local dyno because I am not looking for dyno numbers. I'd rather do tons of datalogging and get an e-mail tune from one of the many options we have on this site and in the Mustang community.

xfrosty63x

Established Member
I'm having Vince at L&S put gears in my Shelby next month. I think if you build a relationship with anyone they'll be more accessible for you.:beer:

Vince is a great guy, and it is very true that building a friendship with your tuner always pays off. Always try to show them respect. If they don't return it, go somewhere else.

xfrosty63x

Established Member
Call Murillo Motorsports in San Antonio

or James Running with the Devil (which I don't know exactly where he is)

James @ RWTD is a myth and a legend. He's an amazing tuner, but you better have time, money, and patience for him. I actually bought my Lightning from a guy who partnered with him to start RWTD. He told me he'd hook me up with James if I ever wanted him to but for me not to expect anything less than what I've heard about him both good and bad. That's just how James is, and at least we know what to expect.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
James @ RWTD is a myth and a legend. He's an amazing tuner, but you better have time, money, and patience for him. I actually bought my Lightning from a guy who partnered with him to start RWTD. He told me he'd hook me up with James if I ever wanted him to but for me not to expect anything less than what I've heard about him both good and bad. That's just how James is, and at least we know what to expect.

My brother has used him in the past for tunning. A local friend of mine has used him for quite a while now. He does great work.

1crzhrs

1CRZHRS
Established Member
i've used stang hi and had great results with my nitrous set-up.

with my complete rebuild i had a great experience with tps. when i bought my hellion turbo kit i got the better deal and much faster comunication from tps as well. so they are the shop i use now. i have numerous friends who drive in from new orleans to tps and are all very happy with them also. bottom line is it's your car and your choice. i've used both and recommended both over the years, and have heard people pissed about both places on the internet.

black99lightnin

move along
Established Member

If you can find James, the problem you'll have is he'll be atleast 3 hours late if he shows up. But he can tune.:beer:

FEARSNO1

KB Shelby, enough said
Established Member
If you can find James, the problem you'll have is he'll be atleast 3 hours late if he shows up. But he can tune.:beer:

that is so true, i am good friends with james and talk to him occasionally through text, but he actually no longer has his own shop and just does dyno sessions across the country when requested. he is very good at tuning and is very miticulous (sp?). but very hard to get in touch with and nothing is done fast. but is done right once you get it.

Users who are viewing this thread