anyone familiar with total performance solutions in praireville, la??

03bluemach

Established Member
im in the same boat ..

my car should be done in the next couple of months and im not sure which shop to bring it to also.. TPS or Stang hi .. i called rajun racing here in lafayette and they told me cody. sopke with cody made a app. and then the i decided to change my setup but needed to save up some money so i canceled.. havent found anything - on the web about either, so im not sure..

Driver500

Established Member
I have personal experience with Vince at L&S and Cody at Stang Hi. I've never dealt with TPS but after seeing a few cars that came out of their shop I wouldn't bring mine there. Some people love it and they are capable of good work but they seem to be hit and miss.

I had a terrible experience with Vince. I needed a tune on my twin turbo build. He got busy with other stuff and put me on the back burner after I dropped the car off. After a few days of waiting he slapped a half ass tune on it that did great at WOT but was garbage everywhere else. Raw fuel blowing out the tailpipes at idle garbage.

Took it to Cody and two days later he delivered a car that ran like factory stock except for the increased power from the turbos. Stang Hi has been my shop of choice since.

Pure03Venom

Imma Ho...
Established Member
With the choice between TPS and Stang HI, I'd go to stang hi. I used to get all my work done there until I got tired of paying for labor and started doing my own work. From what I understand, TPS doesn't "tune" per se anyhow. The way it was explained to me is that since Wes move towards new orleans, tps will make a pull with the car, data log it, send it to wes, wes makes changes to the tune and sends it back to tps...rinse and repeat. If that's how the tuning is going to get done, I'd just go with any email tuner with a good rep instead of paying for dyno time for an email tune.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
With the choice between TPS and Stang HI, I'd go to stang hi. I used to get all my work done there until I got tired of paying for labor and started doing my own work. From what I understand, TPS doesn't "tune" per se anyhow. The way it was explained to me is that since Wes move towards new orleans, tps will make a pull with the car, data log it, send it to wes, wes makes changes to the tune and sends it back to tps...rinse and repeat. If that's how the tuning is going to get done, I'd just go with any email tuner with a good rep instead of paying for dyno time for an email tune.

yeah thats a very good thought!

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member

Yea, I know first hand that TPS does not have a tuner on hand..unless things have changed since June/July.

DjOrionXTR

Established Member
Yea, I know first hand that TPS does not have a tuner on hand..unless things have changed since June/July.

i called Bengy like 2 weeks ago and told him the misfire issue i was having..and well long story short, he told me they wouldnt mind working on my car..and at the time he didnt say anything about them not having a tuner..

kezell

MW3-kezell17
Established Member
Its a crap shoot with any tuner....your either going to like them or not. Choose which one suits your needs and stick with them.

I have used both Stang-Hi and TPS with great results from both.

I always try to support local business when possible.

Where is Triangle Speed Shop?

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
i called Bengy like 2 weeks ago and told him the misfire issue i was having..and well long story short, he told me they wouldnt mind working on my car..and at the time he didnt say anything about them not having a tuner..

Tuner isn't necessary for this type of work. Only a trustworthy mechanic with diagnostic abilities.

wicked5_0

Established Member
Does anyone still use JMS? They used to be in AL but I think they moved to Lucedal MS several years back. When I was in LC, I drove over and had them tune my car.

Blown2004Stang

Established Member
Vince @ L&S nearly cost me a motor.. He might be able to tune pullied/relatively stock mod motors, but, he could not tune my '01 Lightning, which was built to the hilt, and had 80lb injectors/2.6H KB. He destroyed a set of plugs on the dyno, and sent me home with a truck that wouldn't even idle. Vince bailed at 5pm.. saying that he had stuff to do. He did offer to continue trying to tune on it, but, I pulled the plug after witnessing his tuning methods (street tuning for 2 days.. no datalogging..) This guy was searching around online for help to try and get my truck just to idle properly.. Yeah, not exactly who I want trying to tune a $20K setup that I had just built.

I brought the truck to James @ RWTD.. Within 5 minutes, he writes a base file, and the truck fires up.. idles fine, and drives right over to the dyno.. Are you kidding me?! lol! He has seperate laptops for tuning and datalogging.. and knows what the heck he is doing.. After several hours of fuel pump issues (bad relay on one of my 255lph pumps), he laid down 630whp/618wtq at 14.5psi on 93 octane. He never gave up, and he didn't leave me hanging at 5pm.. He stayed there and got it done right, the first time.

The last slap in the face was when Vince tried to turn things around on me.. like I did something wrong, when I posted my experience online. I wouldn't let Vince touch my lawnmower, and if I ever see him face to face again, it will get ugly.

Travis

Last edited:

03bluemach

Established Member
i called stang hi a week ago left a message about wanting to get my car tuned there ..and what MAF they perfer before i bought a new for the new setup ..and havent heard anything back lol....

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
i called stang hi a week ago left a message about wanting to get my car tuned there ..and what MAF they perfer before i bought a new for the new setup ..and havent heard anything back lol....

Cody has been out of town for the past few days. He will be back in the office next week. (monday)
I live right next to his work if you continue to have issues getting intouch with him. He is very straight forward and there is no reason why he'd disregard any of your calls, let alone business.

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
I drive 8 hours to Mike Murillo because I consider him the best in the nation and he's a super cool dude too. Always brings us out to eat for lunch, ride to lowes with him to pick stuff up and even offered to stay overnight at his house. Oh and he builds and tunes his 6 second race cars, can ANY local do that? NO! If ya want the best, drive to San Antonio. He was winning pro fiveoh titles when our locals were still suckin milk out of titties.

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
I drive 8 hours to Mike Murillo because I consider him the best in the nation and he's a super cool dude too. Always brings us out to eat for lunch, ride to lowes with him to pick stuff up and even offered to stay overnight at his house. Oh and he builds and tunes his 6 second race cars, can ANY local do that? NO! If ya want the best, drive to San Antonio. He was winning pro fiveoh titles when our locals were still suckin milk out of titties.

Effin eh! Murrilo is def a great tuner.

alpha06

SKY 600
Established Member
You dont have to drive to San Antonio. I know a guy name Ryan that owns Ryans Performance in DeRidder, Louisiana with a Mustang Dyno that Mike Murillo took under his wing. His shop just opened up about a month ago and he has been certified with SCT and many other tuning software. I know of some cars that he has tuned and they all are running great and great track times as well. Call him and tell him Reggie send ya!
337 348-1749
[email protected]

Users who are viewing this thread