anyone familiar with total performance solutions in praireville, la??

91lxcoupe

NOTCH U
Established Member
You dont have to drive to San Antonio. I know a guy name Ryan that owns Ryans Performance in DeRidder, Louisiana with a Mustang Dyno that Mike Murillo took under his wing. His shop just opened up about a month ago and he has been certified with SCT and many other tuning software. I know of some cars that he has tuned and they all are running great and great track times as well. Call him and tell him Reggie send ya!
337 348-1749
[email protected]

Heck yea, thanks!

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Boy im glad i found this! I usually dont talk bad about people, even if they suck completely.This time i have to just to warn you.I used him and heres how it went.

Usually wont answer the phone but i got ahold to him and set a date.After that he wouldnt answer. So i just hoped for the best and drove 3.5 hours to his shop on the date we set.I got there about 30 minutes before he opened which was about 8am.He finally showed up at 11am!!! Ofcourse he wouldnt answer the damn phone! So he showed up and was like, my bad man i got all ffed up last night??? WTF?

So we put my turbo 01 cobra on the dyno in his nasty ass shop..... Dude starts trying to tune it and some times he would richen it when he was trying to lean it up.Added timing when he was trying to pull some....Nice guy i guess but i could have tuned the damn car as good as he did.When i drove off in the car it was surging so bad it wouldnt idle!! Pathetic if you ask me,i wouldnt let him look at my 04 much less tune it!

JAY

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
By theway cody is tuning my car tuesday!!

Glad to hear you are getting it worked out!! Cody will take care of you.

From what I heard a few days ago my old 03 cobra now has a blown/locked up motor thanks to tps. Guy brought it in for suspension work/adjustment. Had them change oil but forgot to add oil back in. They drove it down the road and locked up motor.

I feel sorry for Richard and my old car. Hopefully they make it right.

blackgtcp

Established Member
The guy who bought my old gt said that stanghi would never give him a clear cut price for a tune. Apparently cody would just keep asking him how much he had to spend and would work according to that. So after that he brought it to TPS and said they did an excellent job tuning it and i rode in it a few times. Felt very strong although the motor blew a month later. Reason could have been the vortec on a stock block though.
Im very unsure about who to bring my mach to once I put the eaton on. I deffinatly wont have time to be going back and forth. I guess Ill go with whoever wins me on the telephone call
Anyone have mor info on the shop in Deridder?

Last edited:

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
I've held my tongue long enough. I dont want anybody to go through what I did. I wouldnt let TPS change a headlight bulb on my car. Here's why.

I bring my car to Benjy for an oil consumption issue. He tells me 3-4 weeks to pull the engine, have it sent off and rebuilt and reinstall and wire up some gauges. 3-4 months later he finally gets the motor back in the car (builder had it for maybe a month) and a timing chain tensioner goes out. Long story short he had my car for a year (Oct-Oct.) Now keep in mind this was an immaculate, 17,000 mile beautiful Mach 1 and we discussed it and he agreed that my car would be stored indoors. That went completely out of the window after the 1st month and my car sat uncovered in his parking lot for almost a year. By the time I got it back my drag radials were cracking and dry rotted, it had horrible water spots from the daily afternoon showers La. gets and I had a fairly large scuff in the paint on the rear fender that I was luckily able to buff out myself.

The last 4-5 months that he had it, it was damn near impossible to get in touch with him. I started stopping by there on my way home from work and would find him just sitting in his office playing on facebook, hanging out with his buddies or working on some car that just got there and mine had been there for 9 months. He would tell me he was going to be at the shop at a certain time but when I got there he was nowhere to be found. That happened on several occasions.

I got my car back one weekend because he wanted me to put some miles on the break in tune and the transmission locks in 4th gear. First, he told me it was a low fluid issue, then tells me one of the synchros broke off. This was a brand new $3500 RPM Transmission's level IV T56. He did man up and pay for that though.

He emails me that my car was done, I go to pick it up and of course he's nowhere to be found and won't answer his phone so I can't ask him any questions. None of the gauges were wired up, just set in the pillars. He lost 2 of the sending units from brand new in the box gauges, asked me if I took them (WTF?) and used that as an excuse for not hooking them up. The tune made good power but I get 12mpg no matter what kind of driving I'm doing.

Save youreself the trouble guys and take your car to somebody that does this full time. Learn from my mistakes.

BLK93GT

Established Member
SO glad I do all my own work and always have. Now I know why my father forced me to learn young. I feel bad for all you guys that get screwed over by shops, I read about it all the time, and the $$$ being spent things should be done right. I could never own a business and work on cars because I'd never make $$ LOL. I am too anal retentive and work "slow" because I feel when things are rushed, things get overlooked.

I did not know Wes was just doing remote tuning. Alot of tuners do this, and it's not a bad thing as long as the car is 100%. Regardless of who tunes the car and whether they are there or not, you have to do the same thing. Log data, make changes, and repeat until done.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
The guy who bought my old gt said that stanghi would never give him a clear cut price for a tune. Apparently cody would just keep asking him how much he had to spend and would work according to that. So after that he brought it to TPS and said they did an excellent job tuning it and i rode in it a few times. Felt very strong although the motor blew a month later. Reason could have been the vortec on a stock block though.
Im very unsure about who to bring my mach to once I put the eaton on. I deffinatly wont have time to be going back and forth. I guess Ill go with whoever wins me on the telephone call
Anyone have mor info on the shop in Deridder?

You are right about that one. That is my only gripe about them but you live and learn as I did.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Every time i call stang hi they answer. I couldnt get tps on the phone if my life depended on it.Lenny,the guy that usually answers at stang hi, he is a nice guy. Cody is a very nice guy aswell. I pulled up to tps's shop and saw cars that looked like they had been sitting there for years and was like uhh oww..... Stang hi hasnt gave me a run around about price yet?? Not saying he won but well see. I really dont care if he does as long as he tunes my car right and takes care of her. But really, dont jack with tps! Im serious,you will be very dissapointed.

swotivation

Established Member
hmmm

I had issues with my car when I bought it. I took it to StangHi and I still had issues. I called for two weeks and Cody never called me back. I talked to his male phone answerer many times but to no avail. TPS fixed my car. I won't go into any particulars of the problem. My car has been to TPS many times with no problems but shit happens. TPS has always taken care of me. The only reason I am responding is because somebody is unhappy at a shop somewhere for whatever reason. If you have never dealt with TPS or StangHi don't add your two cents about them. Just like I shouldn't mention the "burnt cats" and pricing issues I heard about someone's brand new Shelby at StangHi. The bottom line is you spend your money where you choose and hopefully you are happy with your decision. I've yet to hear of any shop that someone didn't have an issue with.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
I had issues with my car when I bought it. I took it to StangHi and I still had issues. I called for two weeks and Cody never called me back. I talked to his male phone answerer many times but to no avail. TPS fixed my car. I won't go into any particulars of the problem. My car has been to TPS many times with no problems but shit happens. TPS has always taken care of me. The only reason I am responding is because somebody is unhappy at a shop somewhere for whatever reason. If you have never dealt with TPS or StangHi don't add your two cents about them. Just like I shouldn't mention the "burnt cats" and pricing issues I heard about someone's brand new Shelby at StangHi. The bottom line is you spend your money where you choose and hopefully you are happy with your decision. I've yet to hear of any shop that someone didn't have an issue with.

So was what I heard about oil change wrong? I wasnt trying to ruffle in feathers. Just thought people should know what happened but if its not true would be nice to know. I'm glad tps was able to get the bap issues worked out for you.
Your last sentence says it all. No shop/tuner is perfect and will always have a unhappy customer at some point.

benjytps

Ordinarily I refrain from getting drug into this sort of Internet drama but in this case Id like to comment.Id like to begin by offering a few thoughts. First off, there isn't a shop in business that hasn't at one point or another had a dissatisfied customer. The best any shop can hope for is the opportunity to work with them until they are satisfied. Sometimes no matter what effort is put into it you just wont be able to accomplish 100% satisfaction. Secondly, there are always 2 sides to every story and more often than not when the story gets told it is embellished and told to justify one side or the other. Quite often there are people who are inclined to go around spreading the word and sharing their nightmare experience. These are usually the kind of people that no matter what the circumstances are , will not be satisfied. Third thought, until I opened my own shop I had this preconceived notion. Its all milk and honey right? You don't have to answer to anyone right? You get to work on cool cars all day long right? Well, that's what I thought when I was a kid coming up in the hot rod community. There is nothing easy about owning,operating,maintaining,working in your own shop. We opened this shop to bring something to the hot rod community that was lacking in this area. Since day one there have been people in the hot rod community that have used every means available to them to negatively affect our business. That is not only sad but ridiculous and childlike. If you chose not to do business with us then don't, but grow up , move on and when you share your story or when you make one up make sure to share the whole story and just for the hell of it throw in some truth.

There are several life lessons I have learned in this business and one of them is that the customers you try to help the most are the ones that support you the least. They are usually the customers that expect the most and give the least, not only to the shops but to the community in general.
Mach1 owner,
Why don't you share with these fine folks some of the extra effort we went through to help you with your car? Maybe you can tell them how we delivered and picked up your engine from your machine shop ( Q:how much did we charge you for that? A:0$) or tell them how we loaded it up on our car hauler and drove the 45 minutes to your machine shop (Q:How much did we charge you for this? A: zero) so they could hear the engine knocking. Maybe you should share with them how you were just going to park it in the garage because you didn't have the money to pull the engine and bring it back to the machine shop and we lowered our rates,allowed you to make monthly payments,(Q:How many did you make anyway? A:zero) You are complaining that we didn't hook up your gauges, yes you are right. You made the statement several times that you didn't have any more money to waste on your car. When I asked about ordering the install kits (which were not with the gauges) you explained you did not have the money for that and you asked me to use the old wiring. I was not about to use the spaghetti mess that was cut,spliced, and taped. It would have been more expensive to sort that mess out then to buy the correct components. Now you say it took us a year to finish your car , how long did it take for you to pay us off? You made no attempt to pay on your balance so yes your car took a back burner to paying customers. As far as a scuff mark goes, you know we stand behind our work and you could have brought it back in for us to buff it off.
Saleenfiend,
I'm not even going to justify you with a response. We can discuss it face to face next time I see you.
01 cobra,
First off, your facts are skewed. We were not out getting f'd up the night before ,we were at the shop until 5:30 am the day of your 9 o'clock apt. I went home for a shower and a nap and yes was late getting to the shop. Didn't I offer you a discount for that inconvenience? I do apologize for not having time to mop the shop and dust the shelves for you. We are a mechanic shop and with that comes car parts all over the shop. If your experience with us was so bad then you should have at least discussed it with me. Im not a mind reader. I will admit I was not at 100% that day and I apologize for that.
You other guys,
I keep hearing the nonsense about us not having a tuner and it always seem to come from the people that don't even do business with us. Just for your information we not only have a tuner at the shop we also have a team of tuners we work with to bring our tuning services to the next level. Our lead tuner is a phenomenal tuner and a brilliant man in general with not only computer skills but excellent diagnostic skills. Yes he does do remote tuning the majority of the time. Your point is what?? Do you think every tuner tunes by their self with no help from anyone else? I would be willing to bet that all of the tuners out there work with other tuners in order to hone their skills and bring the best tunes they can to their customers. Bottom line is we don't lie or mislead anyone about our services. If we get a car we don't feel we are efficient with , we have a tuner on our team that is!
gt500 guy,
I believe you when you say you weren't trying to ruffle feathers, I believe you were trying to start more crap. You want to know what happened to your old car? We made a mistake!!! We also owned up to it and handled the situation to the new owners satisfaction!!! Not that it is even your business but that's the deal with it. You want to know more? Then call him or text him and quit trying to stir the pot.

Id like to leave you guys with this message.We don't pretend to be perfect or completely innocent in cases of unsatisfied customers. We do however like the opportunity to work it out and will own up to our short comings. Will you as a customer do the same? There have been times when we have been closed for days at a time and even impossible to contact. Id rather not get into the reasons but understand that they are personal and completely unavoidable. If you chose not to do business or even try our shop then that's OK ,but whoever you chose to do business with be loyal and build a working relationship with them.You'll come out better in the long run if you do and it will be better for not only the shop and you but for the community overall.

03 KB Sonic Blue

Established Member
Ordinarily I refrain from getting drug into this sort of Internet drama but in this case Id like to comment.Id like to begin by offering a few thoughts. First off, there isn't a shop in business that hasn't at one point or another had a dissatisfied customer. The best any shop can hope for is the opportunity to work with them until they are satisfied. Sometimes no matter what effort is put into it you just wont be able to accomplish 100% satisfaction. Secondly, there are always 2 sides to every story and more often than not when the story gets told it is embellished and told to justify one side or the other. Quite often there are people who are inclined to go around spreading the word and sharing their nightmare experience. These are usually the kind of people that no matter what the circumstances are , will not be satisfied. Third thought, until I opened my own shop I had this preconceived notion. Its all milk and honey right? You don't have to answer to anyone right? You get to work on cool cars all day long right? Well, that's what I thought when I was a kid coming up in the hot rod community. There is nothing easy about owning,operating,maintaining,working in your own shop. We opened this shop to bring something to the hot rod community that was lacking in this area. Since day one there have been people in the hot rod community that have used every means available to them to negatively affect our business. That is not only sad but ridiculous and childlike. If you chose not to do business with us then don't, but grow up , move on and when you share your story or when you make one up make sure to share the whole story and just for the hell of it throw in some truth.

There are several life lessons I have learned in this business and one of them is that the customers you try to help the most are the ones that support you the least. They are usually the customers that expect the most and give the least, not only to the shops but to the community in general.
Mach1 owner,
Why don't you share with these fine folks some of the extra effort we went through to help you with your car? Maybe you can tell them how we delivered and picked up your engine from your machine shop ( Q:how much did we charge you for that? A:0$) or tell them how we loaded it up on our car hauler and drove the 45 minutes to your machine shop (Q:How much did we charge you for this? A: zero) so they could hear the engine knocking. Maybe you should share with them how you were just going to park it in the garage because you didn't have the money to pull the engine and bring it back to the machine shop and we lowered our rates,allowed you to make monthly payments,(Q:How many did you make anyway? A:zero) You are complaining that we didn't hook up your gauges, yes you are right. You made the statement several times that you didn't have any more money to waste on your car. When I asked about ordering the install kits (which were not with the gauges) you explained you did not have the money for that and you asked me to use the old wiring. I was not about to use the spaghetti mess that was cut,spliced, and taped. It would have been more expensive to sort that mess out then to buy the correct components. Now you say it took us a year to finish your car , how long did it take for you to pay us off? You made no attempt to pay on your balance so yes your car took a back burner to paying customers. As far as a scuff mark goes, you know we stand behind our work and you could have brought it back in for us to buff it off.
Saleenfiend,
I'm not even going to justify you with a response. We can discuss it face to face next time I see you.
01 cobra,
First off, your facts are skewed. We were not out getting f'd up the night before ,we were at the shop until 5:30 am the day of your 9 o'clock apt. I went home for a shower and a nap and yes was late getting to the shop. Didn't I offer you a discount for that inconvenience? I do apologize for not having time to mop the shop and dust the shelves for you. We are a mechanic shop and with that comes car parts all over the shop. If your experience with us was so bad then you should have at least discussed it with me. Im not a mind reader. I will admit I was not at 100% that day and I apologize for that.
You other guys,
I keep hearing the nonsense about us not having a tuner and it always seem to come from the people that don't even do business with us. Just for your information we not only have a tuner at the shop we also have a team of tuners we work with to bring our tuning services to the next level. Our lead tuner is a phenomenal tuner and a brilliant man in general with not only computer skills but excellent diagnostic skills. Yes he does do remote tuning the majority of the time. Your point is what?? Do you think every tuner tunes by their self with no help from anyone else? I would be willing to bet that all of the tuners out there work with other tuners in order to hone their skills and bring the best tunes they can to their customers. Bottom line is we don't lie or mislead anyone about our services. If we get a car we don't feel we are efficient with , we have a tuner on our team that is!
gt500 guy,
I believe you when you say you weren't trying to ruffle feathers, I believe you were trying to start more crap. You want to know what happened to your old car? We made a mistake!!! We also owned up to it and handled the situation to the new owners satisfaction!!! Not that it is even your business but that's the deal with it. You want to know more? Then call him or text him and quit trying to stir the pot.

Id like to leave you guys with this message.We don't pretend to be perfect or completely innocent in cases of unsatisfied customers. We do however like the opportunity to work it out and will own up to our short comings. Will you as a customer do the same? There have been times when we have been closed for days at a time and even impossible to contact. Id rather not get into the reasons but understand that they are personal and completely unavoidable. If you chose not to do business or even try our shop then that's OK ,but whoever you chose to do business with be loyal and build a working relationship with them.You'll come out better in the long run if you do and it will be better for not only the shop and you but for the community overall.

You can call it what you want. I just thought people should know. I tell people about my experience with Cody at Stang Hi. So I guess thats stiring the pot for him. :shrug: People should know what your experiences were like. It helps people make a informative decision about who to trust there cars with. In most cases their "babies". I didnt just wake up one morning and say hey I want x car. I did research, listened to reviews, and went shopping until I found one and a place I liked doing business with. It works the same way with finding a tuner.

I know what its like owning your own business and like you said its not all milk and honey. Im 24 and own my own alarm company, sell tvs, and cameras, etc. I just had a customers tv speakers start acting up this week. Just under a year old. Not my problem but I got them set up with a company to come out and serivce it in home so they would not be out of a tv. I brought them a wireless speaker system so they could have sound. Did I have to do all this no. Its called customer support. It builds you more buiness.

Im glad to hear you got Richard taken care of. But Im more happy to hear the other sides of all the other stories Ive heard.

2001Snake

It will be fast one day
Established Member
Benjy, I have no hard feelings... Am I happy with your work? No I am not... If I work over till 5:30am and don't show up at 7am the next morning I'm still late. Only difference is I would get fired. Ofcourse your not going to fire your self so your not too worried about your customer sitting at your shop for a few hours waiting on you while your asleep. But what kinda sucked about the whole deal was you told me your "top tuner" would be doing my tuning and he was no where to be found! No big deal tho, my motor blew that day,sat on the side of the road for about 4 hours,woke a family member up at 12am to drive 3 hours and load my broke ass car up to carry it home for me. Great day!

I got me a 04 cobra a few months later tho. This time I got me a great car and a hell of a tune from Cody cutforth@stang hi!

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Just like I shouldn't mention the "burnt cats" and pricing issues I heard about someone's brand new Shelby at StangHi.

I spoke with cody today and read this post about the burnt out cats. The GT500 cats were not burnt out, he just had replaced the stock catted H pipe with a high flow catted Magnaflow X pipe so he can make more power due to to the restriction of the stock catted H pipe.

blackgtcp

Established Member
I spoke with stanghi today. Sounds like ill end up going there. I really wanted to go to HPP in dallas but I think it would make sense to just go to BR.

Users who are viewing this thread