anyone familiar with total performance solutions in praireville, la??

mineralgrey01gt

loud-n-slow
Established Member
StangHi from my experience is this. If you arent spending big money with him, he doesnt pay attention to your problems. I bought a tuner for my car from there, I started having trouble with detonation and tried calling tons of times and couldnt get him so I just gave up and talked to other's and fixed it myself. Im not saying it was his fault but changing some settings on the tuner made it all better. I feel he should honor all of his customers but im not the only one that had that problem there. His big spending customers get glorified and the ones that buy the smaller stuff doesnt get the same respect. Im not saying its a bad shop because i have seen his work and he does really good work. Im just saying from my very short experience there, i wasnt satisfied. Also the price was outrageous. I paid right around $500 for the hand held tuner and I could have gotten it elsewhere for $100 cheaper easy, and that was local prices.

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
Mach1 owner,
Why don't you share with these fine folks some of the extra effort we went through to help you with your car? Maybe you can tell them how we delivered and picked up your engine from your machine shop ( Q:how much did we charge you for that? A:0$) or tell them how we loaded it up on our car hauler and drove the 45 minutes to your machine shop (Q:How much did we charge you for this? A: zero) so they could hear the engine knocking. Maybe you should share with them how you were just going to park it in the garage because you didn't have the money to pull the engine and bring it back to the machine shop and we lowered our rates,allowed you to make monthly payments,(Q:How many did you make anyway? A:zero) You are complaining that we didn't hook up your gauges, yes you are right. You made the statement several times that you didn't have any more money to waste on your car. When I asked about ordering the install kits (which were not with the gauges) you explained you did not have the money for that and you asked me to use the old wiring. I was not about to use the spaghetti mess that was cut,spliced, and taped. It would have been more expensive to sort that mess out then to buy the correct components. Now you say it took us a year to finish your car , how long did it take for you to pay us off? You made no attempt to pay on your balance so yes your car took a back burner to paying customers. As far as a scuff mark goes, you know we stand behind our work and you could have brought it back in for us to buff it off.
I did'nt know I was supposed to be charged for you taking my engine to a machine shop. I figured the $5000 I paid you might cover that. How many times did I drive 45 minutes out to your shop when you were supposed to be there only to show up to a locked building? How about I tell the people how when you changed the brakes on my F-150 and took the paint off of my centercaps with brake fluid. (Q: How many times did you say you were going to replace them? A: About 5. Q: Did you ever replace them? A: No, I had to go buy them and take it out of what I owed you). Speaking of which, how many of your customers do you ask to make monthly payments before you complete the work? I know that was never discussed with me. You said "pay me when you can". And guess what? I'm not going to pay anything until the work is completed. Did I not bring you a check for $4200 when you finished my car the first time? Had you been at your shop like you told me you would be or answered your phone when I came to pick up my car the second time, you would have gotten another check for $800. You blew me off so yea, I blew off paying you until you sent me an invoice the next month. Did you not have a check in your hands for the full amount less than a week later?

Or how about I tell these fine folks how my car left my stranded on the side of the road two times after I got it back from you? (Q:How many times did you lift a finger to help me? A:None, but after my car dumped all of its power steering fluid on the road, you gave me the great advice that I could just pour some more in and it would be fine. That would have turned out great if I had listened to you.)

And dont get your facts confused. I told you not to hook up the nitrous. I never once said don't hook up the gauges. I asked you until the day I picked it up if you wired the gauges up yet. What install kits are you talking about? You must mean the $10 of wire I bought at auto zone and hooked them up myself with the sending units that you lost under the seat. FYI, it took about 10 minutes to put in a little effort and trace out which wires were for the fuel pressure gauge and the air/fuel gauge.

Lastly, why should I have to bring my car back to you to take care of the scuff? I already pointed it out to you before my car was even finished and asked you to be more careful around it. After the way I was treated the last few months you had my car, I would'nt bring my bike to you to grease the chain. I understand you are trying to defend your business, but do not get on here and call me a liar and make up crap that never came out of my mouth. If I had been treated with the same respect and received the same level of customer service I got the first 3 months you had my car, you would have had a happy, loyal customer. Instead you have a pissed off, disgruntled customer who would'nt recommend your work to anybody.

Last edited:

03bluemach

Established Member
sounds like from his post that is what he is trying to do deffend his business nothing wrong with that ..i would do the same, but come on man take care of your customers there have been alot of bad post about this place ....im just sayin

JMS from what i remember is owned by diff. people now, i think there called running with devil if i recall correctly

Last edited:

Screamin Cobra

Slam'd Cam'd Z06
Established Member
Lastly, why should I have to bring my car back to you to take care of the scuff? I already pointed it out to you before my car was even finished and asked you to be more careful around it.
If you need me to remove that scuff or ANY other scratches, swirleys, imperfections, etc. on your car...let me know! I do car detailing on the side and can hook you up. I have done a lot of cars and am very good at getting all that stuff done.

JMS from what i remember is owned by diff. people now, i think there called running with devil if i recall correctly
Nah, James never got involved with JMS. I know they are and have been runned by someone else though.

StangHi from my experience is this. If you arent spending big money with him, he doesnt pay attention to your problems. I bought a tuner for my car from there, I started having trouble with detonation and tried calling tons of times and couldnt get him so I just gave up and talked to other's and fixed it myself. Im not saying it was his fault but changing some settings on the tuner made it all better. I feel he should honor all of his customers but im not the only one that had that problem there. His big spending customers get glorified and the ones that buy the smaller stuff doesnt get the same respect. Im not saying its a bad shop because i have seen his work and he does really good work. Im just saying from my very short experience there, i wasnt satisfied. Also the price was outrageous. I paid right around $500 for the hand held tuner and I could have gotten it elsewhere for $100 cheaper easy, and that was local prices.

I took my cobra to Stang-Hi right before I sold it for Cody to look at it. I had a few issues with my car and he put it on the dyno, tuned-it, and fixed the problems with a few blown fuses thru diagnostics tests and the labor...$150.
I paid Cody cash and didn't have but a $100 on me at the time. I gave him the $100 and paid him $50 later.
Car ran GREAT when he was finished with it.

The ONLY thing I've ever bought from Cody was a JLT catch can mod and he charged me exactly what JLT would have charged plus shipping cost.

Last edited:

evn62719

USMC
Established Member
If you need me to remove that scuff or ANY other scratches, swirleys, imperfections, etc. on your car...let me know! I do car detailing on the side and can hook you up. I have done a lot of cars and am very good at getting all that stuff done.
QUOTE]

I appreciate the offer but I already bought a PC and polished my whole car.

Last edited:

SaleenFiend

04 MC Cobra
Established Member
Saleenfiend,
I'm not even going to justify you with a response. We can discuss it face to face next time I see you.[\QUOTE]
Is this some kind of threat? I gave you plenty of opportunities to make right on the situation. I don't owe you one second of my time.

:nonono:
1. I had a Gen 1 Lightning VIN installed into my ECM becuase of your 'tuners' -which just so happens to be you on a phone with someone somewhere else.. Luckily enough my ECM was still flashable (BY ONLY FORD) after you took care of it, or I would have had to shell out the extra cash to replace that along with a new $1500.00s I had to spend to fix your mess (Includes paying Cody for a new Diagnostics, Tune, Ford Reseting my ECM, SCT reseting my Tuner becuase of the Lightning VIN/ECM Marraige, failed wiring on my injectors). I guess it's a crime to install used exhaust components, MAF, or an unmarried SCT. Lastly, I was told I need an Oxygen sensor along with everything else, which in the end was completely false.

2. I should have never given you the tuning cost upfront becuase it took an act of congress to get the refund along with the cost of a new locking lug & key set you just so happened to break on my lugs that were 'overtightened'. I reccomend inspecting your equipment because that was not the case.

3. I was 6 hours late, you had the car for two weeks (granted you may not have had all the parts immediately but had plenty of time for repairs), after I manually removed my own locking lugs and mounted and balanced my own tires (late becuase you waited until 3PM Friday to even begin working on the Injectors/Tune) - Yea, I remember I "had an appointment for @ 9AM" that Friday @ the tire shop... yet my car was still on your dyno almost untouched - then I magically "never had an appointment @ the tire shop" and "you never said that".

4. I never once questioned any price you shot at me and even was glad to buy the additional parts for the truly never diagnosed TOB issue. I assumed you would make right on my car until it took me almost a week and a half of constant calling before you EMAILED me in response.

5. You are the most unprofessional business I have ever dealt with. It's very easy to see, with multiple people in one forum completely unsatisfied and dumbfounded by your workmanship, that you will continue to lose customer base..

6. I've witnessed first hand the quality of work and amount of time taken to perform the quality of work on my brother's car. I'm disgusted. The amount of money and time spent for the quality is unmistakebly terrible. It's a shame that two people in the same household have had to have their car in different shops to fix your errors.

I'm a counterpart of this business as I deal with this industry every day on a professional level. I, if anyone, have more understanding for the type of customer base you work with and the type of problems you deal with on a daily basis. I know exactly what goes on behind closed doors and how every variable can affect everything in your job. If you had been straight with me and provided me with even 1/10th of the level of service I expected then this wouuld have never happened. I'm sorry that you feel the need to lash out at paying customers who only expected proper treatment. We only expected you to live up to your name and hype.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread