Anyone have a aftermarket blower yet?

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I'm pretty sure Evolution is working on something.

But really- with just a tune- throttle body, intake and pulley- you'll be seeing stupid numbers- without the added expense

jonesd

Established Member
I'm pretty sure Evolution is working on something.

But really- with just a tune- throttle body, intake and pulley- you'll be seeing stupid numbers- without the added expense

So true! I'm not sure if im in the minority or not, but I can't see a need for more than 750rwhp with bolt ons lol.

04svtsnke

Established Member
Go big or go home! TVS with bolt ons and spray.......

Well we have all seen what lethal did with their gt500 with only a couple Hilton's and a 150 shot, just sick numbers and 1/4 mile times. Even a small shot(50-75) would be enough to take out most worthy cars( modified zo6's, gtr's ect.)

rdsnk46

Established Member
Well we have all seen what lethal did with their gt500 with only a couple Hilton's and a 150 shot, just sick numbers and 1/4 mile times. Even a small shot(50-75) would be enough to take out most worthy cars( modified zo6's, gtr's ect.)

You be right in most parts of the US but it seems in my area if you wanna run with the big dogs you gotta press the issue more than most.

04svtsnke

Established Member
You be right in most parts of the US but it seems in my area if you wanna run with the big dogs you gotta press the issue more than most.

Ann I hear you. To think 780/856 to the wheels isn't enough to run with the big dogs is just scary. To get back to your question, the only blower I would deem acceptable in your situation would be a whipple 4.0 with all boltons and e85. Shouldn't see why 1000 couldn't be reached with that setup. I hope that'd be enough.

rwboring

Established Member
Ann I hear you. To think 780/856 to the wheels isn't enough to run with the big dogs is just scary. To get back to your question, the only blower I would deem acceptable in your situation would be a whipple 4.0 with all boltons and e85. Shouldn't see why 1000 couldn't be reached with that setup. I hope that'd be enough.

I think an easy way to look at it is compared to 11-12 motor the 5.8 will make more power per mod however until someone gets a whipple it will be hard to know if that is 5% more or 10% more.

We also don't know what the bottom end will take, I can't imagine it would be weaker but with the bigger bores we will see if there are cooling problems or anything.

rdsnk46

Established Member

I personally would install a Kenne Bell but to each his own. I had a 3.4 Whipple on my 08 Shelby, then a 2.8H and a 3.6LC. I went 9's only boost only(21 psi) with the 3.6LC making 750-770 to the wheels. Then added 100 dry and made 872rwhp/900rwtq and was able to beat some of the big dogs in my area but they were on the spring(11-12psi). 422CI twin Formula 7.70@180 Street car 1400 rwhp 20psi

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
Your examples are definitely on the extreme side for competition on the street or strip lol. I'll go out on a limb and say anything above 750-800 rwhp will be on borrowed time, with the tune being the biggest factor. A bigger blows plus nitrous will be the easiest way to go.

Jroc

Established Member
IMO the factory TVS might be the best blower option for a street car. I'm sure a large displacement TS running a lot of psi's will make more HP and will win a all out DR, but in terms of all around powerband, broadness, and roll-on power I would rather have a TVS 2300. TS=high RPM screamer, whereas roots blower tends to = lowend puller that runs out of breath up top, but the awesome thing about the new TVS blowers is they combine the best of both worlds. They don't need to scream to make great power, but they seem to be every bit as efficient as a similarly sized TS at the high engine/blower speeds.

I'm sure given a little time to evolve, and get learned by the tuners that the 2013+ GT500 will be putting 750+ whp down with OEM blowers on pump gas, and boost only.

Me thinks the 2013 GT500 would be an awesome car for compound boosting. A car already making 560-600 whp with a TVS 2300 @ 15 psi would really be something to behold with a couple snails added.

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
The fact that it's a roots style blower should keep the seals from blowing out like with the kb's and whipples. It would be an absolute monster with twin 67's feeding the tvs.

mike69440

Established Member
Blower seal life.

The fact that it's a roots style blower should keep the seals from blowing out like with the kb's and whipples. It would be an absolute monster with twin 67's feeding the tvs.

Huh? Seals life, roots vs. TS. I think seal life would be slightly better on a TS where there is less pulsing, gradual compression.
All other things being equal, i.e. seal design and materials, good air filtering, rotor stiffness, gear strength and precision, housing clearance and finish, bearing clearance, stiffness and stability. The latter items are what is critical. TS or roots, seals does not care much.

PS, I guess I should be worried about my 2.3 Whipple with + 35K miles giving out. (NOT)
:rolling:

Last edited:

04svtsnke

Established Member
Huh? Seals vs, roots or TS. I think seal life would be slightly better on a TS where there is less pulsing, gradual compression.
All other things being equal, i.e. seal design and materials, good air filtering, rotor stiffness, gear strength and precision, housing clearance and finish, bearing clearance, stiffness and stability. The latter items are what is critical. TS or roots, seals does not care much.

PS, I guess I should be worried about my 2.3 Whipple with + 35K miles giving out. (NOT)

I think you misunderstood me. In every test done with compound boost, the twin screws would have their seals continually blown out but the stock eston blower never had a problem. It's just the differences of how they produce boost. The tvs being an evolved form of the m112/122 continues to share their characteristics which should make it a great candidate for compound boosting.

Jroc

Established Member
Huh? Seals life, roots vs. TS. I think seal life would be slightly better on a TS where there is less pulsing, gradual compression.

Eaton is a huge company that produces much more than just roots blowers. They have the $ and support of the companies they make products for to get much more in-depth with the products they produce than the smaller lets say niche product companies. With that said their blowers have to survive on a factory vehicle which means many miles and much abuse and they are tested to do such. They have to hold up to the auto manufactures harse engine survival tests. TS blowers don't have to meet such stringent requirement. They just need to make a noticeable bump in power, and people will buy them regardless if they go 15K between rebuilds or 100K between rebuilds.

Factory Eatons are more reliable than aftermarket TS which is usually the case when comparing OEM parts to aftermarket parts. Still it's quite a testament to how well built and durable the Eaton blowers are when they generally how up better and longer running much high PSI's than they were designed to be ran at than the TS which where designed to be efficient at higher PSI's.

Ralo

Established Member
I wasn't really thinking of turbos but single or twins should make more power and be more efficent than a blower setup right. I was just curious as to what kind of numbers are safe on pump gas and I'm wanting to see how the bottom end takes it. Just a curious Terminator owner here.

04svtsnke

Established Member
No doubt turbos will make more hp but a properly setup compound setup will make for a hell of a street brawler with NO lag and tons of torque down low. Just throwing the idea out there. For all we know one of these companies are already slapping a compound boost setup together. We already know someone has a bigger blower on these cars already they're just not saying anything.

Ralo

Established Member
I've just never really gotten into the compound boost. A friend of mine has a built LS1 with a 80mm and the lag even with that big of a snail isn't anything major and the car is rowdy as hell

Jroc

Established Member
I wasn't really thinking of turbos but single or twins should make more power and be more efficent than a blower setup right. I was just curious as to what kind of numbers are safe on pump gas and I'm wanting to see how the bottom end takes it. Just a curious Terminator owner here.

Factory Terminator longblocks have been pushed to nearly 1,200 whp with compound boost. The regular Hellion turbo car in this link couldn't compare to the compound boost Hellion Hellraiser car.
Compound Boost 2003 Mustang Cobra Twin-Turbo - Muscle Mustangs & Fast Fords Magazine

I use to say that the SC would just limit the turbo's efficientcy, but IDK anymore. I've seen where some people in both GT500 and Terminators have put down some extremely impressive #'s with compound boost.

From my understanding the biggest limiting factory with the compound boost setup is how efficiently the blowers housing will actually let the turbo's force atmosphere threw it. Kind of like any other manifold out there. A old OHV 5.0 with a S-trim will make more power with a Edelbrock Performer than a factory 5.0's manifold for example all other things being equal. Basically you can get a manifold that flow the turbo's boost more efficiently than a SC'er housing especially with the rotors in the way I'm sure.

Still compound boost seems to be some amazing stuff. This is on Terminators. Just imagine what it would do on a new GT500 with a blower that's way more efficient than a old M112 and another 1.2L's of displacement, and way better flowing heads.
Hellraiser Cobra first time at the track - YouTube

2004 Cobra Hellion TT Compound - YouTube

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread