Anyone have photos of the OEM jack points?

chilenny

Established Member
I would like to see the OEM jack points on a 03/04 Cobra before and after being jacked at these points. I want to see the damaged caused by placing a jack at these points.

And if there is a bend, is it possible to bend it back to stock?

Thanks!

Juruense

Banned
There is some info on this on the Bullitt Archive. No one is going to post pics of their "damage", you need to post pics of what you have going on for evaluation. Get your camera and go out there and get some pics.

chilenny

Established Member
I just stored the cobra, but in order to place 2x4s under the back wheels. I jack it up using the oem jack points because of spacing in my garage. I was unable to go any further under the car. The jack i used is made for lowered cars; plus it has a rubber pad on top. So its small enough to be placed perfect under the notches of the frame rail.

I placed the jack very precise in between the notches and it looks fine, doesn't look damaged. But I will take pics and place them on here. I would also like to see what the stock oem jack points look like before someone uses those points and bends them. This would be a good reference guide. A side view would be perfect shot.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

SLEEPERSTATUS

Banned
I highly recommend you have jacking rails installed, or at least full-length frame rails. It's too easy to damage the undercarriage without them. Someone is selling a set of Kenny Brown jacking rails on eBay. I don't know the seller. http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kenn...temQQimsxZ20081124?IMSfp=TL0811241310009r7319

Steeda mades a neat set of jacking plates that goes over the factory pinch welds. http://www.steeda.com/products/hardcore_jacking_plates.php

I need some bad!!

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Here is a crappy cell phone pic of the jacking rails on my 00R..

dpe0yu.jpg

Powershift03

Clapped out race car
Established Member
Mine were on the car when I bought it (Thanks Andy!). But, I don't imgaine its any different than having sub frame connectors installed. The exhaust is not affected. The R has side exhaust, and it still doesn't appear to have gotten in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread