anyone in Orlando with a stock lightning?

Stephen4036

Established Member
and what is thread title?

i'm asking for lightnings

and yes i will be out at bww tonight

and yes i raced coreys camry, we went from like a 50 roll or something, we were door to door untill 100ish and he would start to pull away

that was me on motor, my truck is nothing special off the bottle

i asked corey if he would like to run me on the bottle and he said he knew he would lose :D

wanna run me in your tahoe? lol is it a 5.3 or 4.8? if its a 4.8 dont bother

ill run you off the bottle

Litemup86

Established Member
The guy with the mostly stock black Lightning's name is Paul. He lives out near the dragstrip where I moved to, in the back of Wedgefield. Great guy. Seen him at MANY car shows, but don't know that he goes to the track too much. We've met up out there before when he was racing his wife in her GT500.
My brother also has something comparable to a stock L, a stock 2008 Roush Nitemare F150. We've seen that it is rated at mid-13's, but haven't had it to the track yet. We're all planning on going Friday, the 17th. I'm having a company function out there and will have a pretty good crowd of people. If you want to try to get together before that, we're probably going to the Brother's show on Saturday.

Litemup86

Established Member
Oh ya, you can run the old Lightning but it probably won't be much of a race. She's bone stock with 150K and lucky to see a mid 15.
My 2003 is a mid 12 second truck, but that's probably just as bad the other way.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
hell no. If you wanna talk to him head up to the perfection performance meet at the hooters on Lake Underhill the 4th Saturday of the month.

He's a good guy. Just started his own business so he's been a little busy but he likes to race at the track.

Can't believe I'm slipping on his name though. His wife has a GT500

do you go up to that meet at all since youve been back? I havent managed to make it in forever...might have to take the Mach out there since itll be all tuned up with the procharger on Tuesday

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
The guy with the mostly stock black Lightning's name is Paul. He lives out near the dragstrip where I moved to, in the back of Wedgefield. Great guy. Seen him at MANY car shows, but don't know that he goes to the track too much. We've met up out there before when he was racing his wife in her GT500.
My brother also has something comparable to a stock L, a stock 2008 Roush Nitemare F150. We've seen that it is rated at mid-13's, but haven't had it to the track yet. We're all planning on going Friday, the 17th. I'm having a company function out there and will have a pretty good crowd of people. If you want to try to get together before that, we're probably going to the Brother's show on Saturday.

i'll make it out, i hope i have a new set of slicks by then, i wont be able to hook to save my life on my street tires :(

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
Oh ya, you can run the old Lightning but it probably won't be much of a race. She's bone stock with 150K and lucky to see a mid 15.
My 2003 is a mid 12 second truck, but that's probably just as bad the other way.

i wouldnt mind racing either of them lol

i cant remember your name to save my life, i kknow 2 people that know you, Cameron and my other friend Cliff (had a black SVO)

Stephen4036

Established Member
hey steve, saw ur post you said to dustin.....

this one?

"we are not allowed to talk about street racing and such...

im just tired of racing other trucks at the track and beating them so i want something faster
wouldn't mind trying against a 2WD TBSS from a dig"

I copied it right from here..

VirtualSVT

lolololololololololol
Established Member
do you go up to that meet at all since youve been back? I havent managed to make it in forever...might have to take the Mach out there since itll be all tuned up with the procharger on Tuesday

I went to the one in.....September? I think?

Oct I had a cookout and then Nov and Dec its the holidays so I'll probably go out in January.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
this one?

"we are not allowed to talk about street racing and such...

im just tired of racing other trucks at the track and beating them so i want something faster
wouldn't mind trying against a 2WD TBSS from a dig"

I copied it right from here..

yep that 1 :poke:

reason i said i want to race a TBSS is i have a friend with a decently modded rwd drive one and we were neck and neck

he has kooks LT headers with a corsa catback, built tranny, cai and tuned by himself with HP tuners

he has run a best so far of 13.6 @ 98

the license plate on my avatar is from his truck

even he couldnt believe how much my crapped out 4.6 woke up with a 150 shot

Last edited:

Stephen4036

Established Member
a TBSS with built trans/LT's catback and tuner should run high 12's? maybe low 13's? I would think? idk though.

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
a TBSS with built trans/LT's catback and tuner should run high 12's? maybe low 13's? I would think? idk though.

well his didnt, not every vehicle runs the same times.....just about every time im at the track there is a 03-04 cobra there, MM&FF got there stock 1 to run 12.4, the ones at the track are decently modded and they cant even get out of the 13's :shrug:

it all comes down to driver and the set up on the car.....

i could probably take off another .1 on my 60' if i had traction bars and trap a lil bit more if i were to run a skinnier tire up front

just like ur old GT shouldve been a low to mid 13 sec car but yet you could never get it out of the 14's :poke:

Last edited:

Stephen4036

Established Member
well his didnt, not every vehicle runs the same times.....

just like ur old GT shouldve been a mid 13 sec car but yet you could never get it out of the 14's :poke:

ok? i only had street tires.. whats your point? and it never went to the track on the 4v either...

went 14.01 @ 105 with a 2.5XX 60ft.. on continental street tires and 18's.. soo yes it was easy a mid 13 car.. obviously I did not care I never took it back to the track.. but it's whatever..

and yes dustin, hes running nitrous on 87 octance and no/terrible tuning.. thats whys hes on his 3rd tranny and 2nd motor if I recall?

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
ok? i only had street tires.. whats your point? and it never went to the track on the 4v either...

went 14.01 @ 105 with a 2.5XX 60ft.. on continental street tires and 18's.. soo yes it was easy a mid 13 car.. obviously I did not care I never took it back to the track.. but it's whatever..

and yes dustin, hes running nitrous on 87 octance and no/terrible tuning.. thats whys hes on his 3rd tranny and 2nd motor if I recall?

no tuning? no tuning? you really dont know anything at all about my truck LMFAO!

so much has changed on my truck since i last talked to dustin and josh

the night i ran the 15.3 @ 89mph was on 87 octane, i had no intentions of running at the track but my old friend ghetto rigged the nitrous so it would work with just a flip of a switch, we went to the track that night and i sprayed and pulled off the 15.3

its a wet kit, its is pretty hard to blow up a motor with a wet kit when ur only spraying a 100 shot on a motor that can handle a 200 if tuned

the story about my trans and motor are just causes from wear and tear on a old truck

motor went at 205k miles

original trans went at 193k miles

2nd trans went out cuz it blew the main seal

3rd tranny has been working out great so far, aswell as the motor

your GT like i said shouldve been a 13 sec car, but you never ran 13's so :poke:

your 4v wouldnt have been much better, just a 98 4v with IRS (kiss ur launch goodbye)

Last edited:

Stephen4036

Established Member
no tuning? no tuning? you really dont know anything at all about my truck LMFAO!

so much has changed on my truck since i last talked to dustin and josh

the night i ran the 15.3 @ 89mph was on 87 octane, i had no intentions of running at the track but my old friend ghetto rigged the nitrous so it would work with just a flip of a switch, we went to the track that night and i sprayed and pulled off the 15.3

its a wet kit, its is pretty hard to blow up a motor with a wet kit when ur only spraying a 100 shot on a motor that can handle a 200 if tuned

the story about my trans and motor are just causes from wear and tear on a old truck

motor went at 205k miles

original trans went at 193k miles

2nd trans went out cuz it blew the main seal

3rd tranny has been working out great so far, aswell as the motor

your GT like i said shouldve been a 13 sec car, but you never ran 13's so :poke:

your 4v wouldnt have been much better, just a 98 4v with IRS (kiss ur launch goodbye)

200shot on stock 4.6? lol please do this now..

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
please post time slip and the dyno video/chart of the 412/489

dyno chart is on my facebook, i'm trying to uplaod a cel pic of the timeslip to facebook aswell but its seems my mobile uploads are full

sheesh you seem as big of a baby as dustin lol

its not hard to believe my truck ran a slow 13.7 @ 101

pushing a 150 shot of nitrous, gutted cats and no muffler, cold air intake, ported heads and intake, a few fuel mods and a 93 octane dyno tune with 3.55 gears and some sticky tires :D

Grant Theft Auto

I hit deer.
Established Member
200shot on stock 4.6? lol please do this now..

i will happily spray a 200 shot on my truck if you provide the pills

its the idiots that dont know what they are doing that blow shit up, i have done countless research and i know when is too much, 200 is right around the limit for the stock block

i have had friends that sprayed a 175 shot with no tuning with zero issues on NPI and PI motors

i'll just have to play around with the timing a bit more

just think about this tho, if a bone stock 99-04 GT with a 75 shot on sticky tires can run high 11's

its not hard to believe my truck with my mods and a 150 shot runs high 13's

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread