anyone installed this?

Jgruggs

Established Member
My radiator cooling fan motor is smoked. Looking at ordering this from Lethal. Anyone installed this and if so....you happy?

Mishimoto 97-04 Mustang Aluminum Radiator Fan Shroud Kit
Keep your engine running cooler.

Includes 14" electric fan.

Light weight aluminum shroud.

Fits 1997-2004 4.6 GT/Cobra Mustangs.

Run Cooler. Mishimoto's High Flow 14" Fan will have your engine running cooler by circulating more air through your mustangs radiator. And the aluminum fan shroud will dissipate heat faster than the stock factory shroud and is significantly lighter.

Application. This High Flow 14" Fan and Aluminum Shroud Kit is designed for a direct fit on 1997-2004 4.6 GT Mustangs with or without ABS. The aluminum fan shroud bolts up to the stock factory location.

Fan Specifications.

Fan Diameter: 14"

Number of Blades :10

Current: ~8A

Voltage: 12V

Overall Size:

Height - 16.5"

Length - 28.8"

Width - 2.5" (including fan)

Jgruggs

Established Member
Pulled the stock fan out last night after work. Not a hard job at all. Bout 30 minutes and that's with hunting up the right wrenches. Pulled bottom radiator hose and expansion tank bracket rod bolted to bottom of radiator. Loosened up expansion tank up top to allow for tank to move up just enough to allow fan to slide up out of clips, then dropped it out the bottom....sure hope the new Mish fan and shroud goes back as easy. Gonna be a tight fit getting it in between the ABS and radiator. New fan should be at home waiting on me when I get in from work this evening.

Jgruggs

Established Member
Well, shoulda went with a stock one if I was in a hurry to get it installed. LOL. This thing is a nice piece, well made and looks great. I had no problem taking the old OEM one out thru the bottom and was hoping I could install the Mish the same route. Nothing doing. It just would not go from the bottom, the ABS system was in the way. Took the 3 nuts and bolts off and moved it best I could , what with the tubing/lines all in the way, but wasn't enough. The full size shroud, it's the same size width and height as the radiator coil area, so no way to install from the bottom , so had to pull the expansion tank and unbolt and hold up outta the way the IC tank and slip it in from the top. Still was tough to get into the slip in slots, but made it and it works great. Refilled the coolant and burped the system couple times and temps are "cool" now. Sorry , couldn't get any pics, just didn't take time, working days and tried to get this done in the evenings after I got off...got plans for playin in the car this weekend. Moral of the story, the Mish is a great looking and functioning piece, a little work to get in place....if your in a hurry to install a fan, OEM would probably be the best route and probably cheaper....but gotta think that the full shroud will help with temps , create a strong draft thru the coils. Hope this helps someone in making the right choice for them.

Users who are viewing this thread