Anyone know how much hp the 93 Rs had?

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
Just curious because I thought I saw one today headed the opposite direction of a car show but considering there are only about 100 of them, it's probably unlikely. But this one was red with the black/chrome wheels. Looked pretty damn good.

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
same as a regular 93 Cobra. The 93R's pretty much only had brake, suspension, and cooling upgrades, along with deleting a few items (radio, backseat, etc.). It had the same GT-40 engine rated at 235 hp. Having said that, it's been debated that all 93 Cobras made a bit more than 235 hp.... and I would tend to agree that they're closer to 260-265 in reality.

32ValveRom

Don't mess with Teksids
Established Member
same as a regular 93 Cobra. The 93R's pretty much only had brake, suspension, and cooling upgrades, along with deleting a few items (radio, backseat, etc.). It had the same GT-40 engine rated at 235 hp. Having said that, it's been debated that all 93 Cobras made a bit more than 235 hp.... and I would tend to agree that they're closer to 260-265 in reality.

Interesting, so they did use the same displacement and everything from the 93 Cobras. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they put more than advertised. 235 hp and 280 tq seems a bit off

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member
Interesting, so they did use the same displacement and everything from the 93 Cobras. I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out they put more than advertised. 235 hp and 280 tq seems a bit off

The 93 Cobra R engine differences from a 93 SVT Cobra were

suspension/brake upgrades
Engine oil cooler.
Power steering cooler.
A/C delete
Rearseat delete
no-radio

The engine was the same. My 93 SVT cobra, with only an exhaust(FRPP shorty headers, midpipe & Flowmasters) & tune made 259/295 on a MustangDyno. The car still has the stock airbox and Motorcraft filter on it.

They were very underrated IMO. But nothing wrong with that.

:rockon:

truefiveo

Established Member
The 93 Cobra R engine differences from a 93 SVT Cobra were

suspension/brake upgrades
Engine oil cooler.
Power steering cooler.
A/C delete
Rearseat delete
no-radio

The engine was the same. My 93 SVT cobra, with only an exhaust(FRPP shorty headers, midpipe & Flowmasters) & tune made 259/295 on a MustangDyno. The car still has the stock airbox and Motorcraft filter on it.

They were very underrated IMO. But nothing wrong with that.

:rockon:

Damn I want one now!

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
You could have had the answer to your own question searching through Google faster than it took for you to create a thread. Seriously, not a very complex or uncommon question.

jip

Established Member
You could have had the answer to your own question searching through Google faster than it took for you to create a thread. Seriously, not a very complex or uncommon question.

As you could with just about any question,but this is a car forum and google wouldnt have members chiming in with real world data like rich5150.

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
As you could with just about any question,but this is a car forum and google wouldnt have members chiming in with real world data like rich5150.

The question was ridiculously simple and the answer is an easily found answer with a couple key strokes in Google, or the search function on this forum. Hell we have a sub forum dedicated to the R's. I can understand creating a thread for a complex question about what kind of rods or pistons are found in the rotating assembly or the flow numbers on the cylinder heads as the answers to those questions may be harder to find but how much hp the R had? Really?

jip

Established Member
The question was ridiculously simple and the answer is an easily found answer with a couple key strokes in Google, or the search function on this forum. Hell we have a sub forum dedicated to the R's. I can understand creating a thread for a complex question about what kind of rods or pistons are found in the rotating assembly or the flow numbers on the cylinder heads as the answers to those questions may be harder to find but how much hp the R had? Really?

Yeah really,because you are only suppose to ask hard complex questions.
GTFO

rich5150

Network Guy
Established Member

Wikipedia or such sites will report factual info such as "rated" HP from the factory. By creating a thread on SVTP, any user will have expert/hands on owner information that will be searchable. Because this is a "moderated" site for quality of information/posting...etc, the information here is more likely to be "to the point" and accurate. (of course we don't catch everything...but we try).

Bringing accurate information to the masses is something SVTP takes huge pride in.

If I'm making a CAT5e rollover cable and and can't remember the pinout, I surely won't make a thread on here to get the info, I'll google it....however if I have an extra 29 minutes of free time during my day and want to bounce ideas off of, and talk cars with my online-aquaintences/friends because I need a break from real-life.... I come here.

:fart::beer:

97desertCobra

Procharged!
Established Member
Yeah really,because you are only suppose to ask hard complex questions.
GTFO

Lazy, pure and simple. Maybe next time I'll make a thread asking what years the terminator Cobra's were made in and expect eveyone else to find the info for me. After all, it is an easy question that can be found through a simple search but I'm too lazy to to that.

Take your self entitled attitude somewhere else.

Wikipedia or such sites will report factual info such as "rated" HP from the factory. By creating a thread on SVTP, any user will have expert/hands on owner information that will be searchable. Because this is a "moderated" site for quality of information/posting...etc, the information here is more likely to be "to the point" and accurate. (of course we don't catch everything...but we try).

Bringing accurate information to the masses is something SVTP takes huge pride in.

If I'm making a CAT5e rollover cable and and can't remember the pinout, I surely won't make a thread on here to get the info, I'll google it....however if I have an extra 29 minutes of free time during my day and want to bounce ideas off of, and talk cars with my online-aquaintences/friends because I need a break from real-life.... I come here.

:fart::beer:

LOL! Ok, Wikipedia is accurate, information on this site is searchable(thanks for proving my point), information here in SVTP is accurate because there are moderators? What?! :bash: Thanks for the lulz.

Mach1USMC

SVT Powered
Established Member
Nothing wrong with getting real world info from those who have owned or worked on them. Google can only take you so far. I'd suggest if you don't like the tone of the thread then don't post- especially if the OP has a legit question..... just sayin'

What's up with all the haters lately? Go have a beer and cool down- it ain't that serious:beer:

DMassey

No Habla Jibber Jabber
Established Member
I don't have a problem at all with someone posting an easy question. I enjoy bullshitting about the 93 Cobras, I don't care if it's posted a million times. Aren't we all here because we enjoy talking about these things??? If you dislike the thread that much, simply don't click on it.

TripleBlack

FIFAchamp
Established Member

Lazy, pure and simple. Maybe next time I'll make a thread asking what years the terminator Cobra's were made in and expect eveyone else to find the info for me. After all, it is an easy question that can be found through a simple search but I'm too lazy to to that.

Take your self entitled attitude somewhere else.

LOL! Ok, Wikipedia is accurate, information on this site is searchable(thanks for proving my point), information here in SVTP is accurate because there are moderators? What?! :bash: Thanks for the lulz.

you-be-trollin.jpg

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

You're forgetting that this is a Mustang forum. One where members interact on a wide range of subjects. The fact that I even clicked on this thread showed I was interested in the topic and replies. Very often a "simple" question is posted with a thread and the replies/opinions make for an interesting read. I don't consider this question to be not worthy of a thread here. If it was "unworthy" then it would have gotten no serious replies. Just sayin.

soccerman002

99 SVT Cobra
Established Member
WTF is wrong with people, the guy asked a (yes it was simple) question and got answers from people with actual experience w/the car versus just numbers that a google search would have provided.

If everyone already knew everything and had no need to ask questions or discuss Mustang related topics, what are we on here for? I wasn't aware that it the 93 Cobra engines were believed to be underrated, learn something new everyday.

truefiveo

Established Member
WTF is wrong with people, the guy asked a (yes it was simple) question and got answers from people with actual experience w/the car versus just numbers that a google search would have provided.

If everyone already knew everything and had no need to ask questions or discuss Mustang related topics, what are we on here for? I wasn't aware that it the 93 Cobra engines were believed to be underrated, learn something new everyday.

This!
Wow some people here really think they are topic police!:nonono:

kirks5oh

kirks5oh
Established Member
of course 93 cobra motors were way underrated. if the stock 5.0 came with advertised 225hp, the '93 cobra motors make much more. they have GT40 heads (basically, ford explorer heads), a mild cam if i recall, the GT40 upper/lower intake, larger throttle body, and 24lb injectors. probably something else i didn't mention. my '87 mustang had GT40p heads, GT40 tubular intake, throttle body, e303 cam, longtubes, no cats, roller rockers, and 24lb injectors. it made 265rwhp. i would think a stock cobra would make 250+rwhp, puting it at over 285 at the motor.

Users who are viewing this thread