Anyone know this car by chance?

Panturia

Just some kid
Established Member
I don't like younger kids that give us good-driver young kids a bad name, especially with that beautiful of a car. Some kids need to learn how to respect a car. I'm 18, didn't buy my 97 GT, but respect it like my own child. I get pissed at the slightest dents.

Ace5Oh

Established Member
I don't even have a Cobra. I will be purchasing one in a couple of years or months lol.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
I think he respects the car, but was cocky when he first took possession. I have to say, we stressed to him how easily something of this magnitude can get out from under you in a heartbeat and I think we scared him a little. He's just made some bad decisions and now he's paying for it (well his parent's at least).

2L8I1

Carpe Diem
Established Member
Diesel fuel? How does that happen? I could see if it was dark and he couldn't make out the green from the black handles, but damn. You should still be able to smell the difference before you even stick in the nozzle. The mother will probably look past all the bullshit and buy the kid a C6 next.

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
milleniumgt said:
Torrey, why don't you just let me pick this cobra up... I promise to take very good care of it!!!

you can if you want...my plan is turn it in to a straight drag car, if the price is right...

Diesel fuel? How does that happen? I could see if it was dark and he couldn't make out the green from the black handles, but damn. You should still be able to smell the difference before you even stick in the nozzle. The mother will probably look past all the bullshit and buy the kid a C6 next.

apparently his last vehicle was a diesel truck, so he was used to grabbing this pump. It just so happens that a station just down the street from the shop has diesel pumps that is the same size as the regular gas nozzle, so he wasnt paying attention.

DanTheCobraMan

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
you can if you want...my plan is turn it in to a straight drag car, if the price is right...

apparently his last vehicle was a diesel truck, so he was used to grabbing this pump. It just so happens that a station just down the street from the shop has diesel pumps that is the same size as the regular gas nozzle, so he wasnt paying attention.

I was going to say, I thought the spout was different size to prevent accidental putting of diesel in a regular car, or is it the other way around? Wouldn't this be a Federal standard?

crizzut

Established Member
MountainDew said:
Ugh. Kids these days need to work for their own damn cars.

I bought myself one for my graduation present (from college of course)

wait I just realized this, how do possibly afford an 03 cobra and focus at the age of 21? If you just bought yourself a present for graduating with whatever degree you have, you were taking atleast somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 units a semester, how could you possibly be a full time student and work enough hours a week to afford both cars??????

Oso

Established Member
crizzut said:
wait I just realized this, how do possibly afford an 03 cobra and focus at the age of 21? If you just bought yourself a present for graduating with whatever degree you have, you were taking atleast somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 units a semester, how could you possibly be a full time student and work enough hours a week to afford both cars??????

I purchased my first home when i was 21, my first cobra when I was 22. Prior to that was a 89' turbo trans am, 2002 1le Z28 that ran 10.50's and a slew of other ten sec cars.....this kids parents dropped 30k cash on my old car in the pic on the first page.

Oso

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
Oso, the car is currently in the impound lot at the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department. He brought it to us after he demolished a halfshaft doing burnouts down at the beach. We installed a built solid axle with uppers, lowers, shocks, new exhaust, etc. Two weeks later, he had worn through one of the bearings on the uppers (he tried to adjust them himself and screwed up). We replaced them at no charge to him and sent him on his way. Mustangweek was rolling around the corner and he was still having issues with the rearend. We were so busy, we didnt get to him, but he the car was still drivable, so we told him how to get the car back (we were already at the beach). The night before he left, he accidentally put Diesel fuel in to the car. We had a buddy of ours meet him, then tow it back to our shop, where it sat til we got back from the beach. We confirmed it was Diesel fuel (he denied it, even though you could smell it on the injectors). He was frustrated with us b/c we couldnt "fix" the rearend before Mustangweek, so he had it towed to another local speed shop. They replaced all the lines, injectors, etc for the Diesel problem, then did something to the rear end (which he was still having issues with, not sure why b/c we know the axle is right). He got it tuned with the Nitrous and was putting down a little over 550rwhp (a little on the low side, but they're just numbers). Apparently a STI was talking crap to him at a local hangout and they decided to run on a local interstate. An unmarked car was following them and got it on video. Ive been keeping up with the proceedings b/c if he loses the car, Im gonna buy it from the auction. i'll keep you updated.

The kid that bought said he used to own a 00' Trans am, I offered to throw the straight axle in for him for an additional $1k bucks but he refused cause he wanted it so bad.

Whats funny is I have a video of that car the day before I shipped it off running a 11.33@136 mph with a 2.39 60ft blowing the tires off almost the whole way down the track as the car sat in the first picture, car had to make more that 550 on the bottle. The mods in my sig were current besides the straight axle.

Please let me know whats going on with the car, I honestly wouldnt mid repurchasing the car back, nothing like 18#'s of boost and 200 of spray ;)

Sonik Blur

]V[EGADET]-[
Established Member
Oso said:
The kid that bought said he used to own a 00' Trans am, I offered to throw the straight axle in for him for an additional $1k bucks but he refused cause he wanted it so bad.

Whats funny is I have a video of that car the day before I shipped it off running a 11.33@136 mph with a 2.39 60ft blowing the tires off almost the whole way down the track as the car sat in the first picture, car had to make more that 550 on the bottle. The mods in my sig were current besides the straight axle.

Please let me know whats going on with the car, I honestly wouldnt mid repurchasing the car back, nothing like 18#'s of boost and 200 of spray ;)
Host the vid somewhere! I wanna see it, LOL!!

-Mike

monroegt

Established Member
diesel fuel what a dumb f**k I hate people like that. I'm 17 and saved my money since I was ten to buy my first gt a 96 when I was 15. Now I bought my 00 and am paying for the 01 cobra engine to go in it doing all the work myself. I don't see why some people have to have mommy and daddy do everything for them that's when stuff like this happens.

Last edited:

Oso

Established Member
Sonik Blur said:
Host the vid somewhere! I wanna see it, LOL!!

-Mike

This is from a cell phone, but you can hear the rear end hopping while the tires are breaking loose. lol

th_steve1133-1.jpg

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
Oso, i'll keep you updated. I believe he dropped the shot back to a 50 shot, or so he say's...to be honest, he still to this day doesnt know exactly what's done to the car...

Users who are viewing this thread