Anyone know this car by chance?

CobraKalas

Established Member
damn, i paid $14,300 for my 99 Cobra last Nov with 36,7XX Miles I'm now 19. i dont understand how you can still forget and put diesel fuel in the car, thats just retarded, i dont care what excuses he comes up with, diesel fuel? cmon...

Oso

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
Oso, i'll keep you updated. I believe he dropped the shot back to a 50 shot, or so he say's...to be honest, he still to this day doesnt know exactly what's done to the car...

Actually my name is steve, I'm using my ex roomies account. Thank I would love updates, and as far as to what is done to the car is in the sig, unless he changed something of course.

Last edited:

crizzut

Established Member
OSO, I wasn't directing the question toward you, so I hope I didnt offend. I was directing it to I think mountaindew is his name in regard to the comment of ppl buying their kids cars.

twstdsvt

Banned
blk04cobra1 said:
Oso, the car is currently in the impound lot at the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department. He brought it to us after he demolished a halfshaft doing burnouts down at the beach. We installed a built solid axle with uppers, lowers, shocks, new exhaust, etc. Two weeks later, he had worn through one of the bearings on the uppers (he tried to adjust them himself and screwed up). We replaced them at no charge to him and sent him on his way. Mustangweek was rolling around the corner and he was still having issues with the rearend. We were so busy, we didnt get to him, but he the car was still drivable, so we told him how to get the car back (we were already at the beach). The night before he left, he accidentally put Diesel fuel in to the car. We had a buddy of ours meet him, then tow it back to our shop, where it sat til we got back from the beach. We confirmed it was Diesel fuel (he denied it, even though you could smell it on the injectors). He was frustrated with us b/c we couldnt "fix" the rearend before Mustangweek, so he had it towed to another local speed shop. They replaced all the lines, injectors, etc for the Diesel problem, then did something to the rear end (which he was still having issues with, not sure why b/c we know the axle is right). He got it tuned with the Nitrous and was putting down a little over 550rwhp (a little on the low side, but they're just numbers). Apparently a STI was talking crap to him at a local hangout and they decided to run on a local interstate. An unmarked car was following them and got it on video. Ive been keeping up with the proceedings b/c if he loses the car, Im gonna buy it from the auction. i'll keep you updated.

owned

Wsteun

Established Member
Wow. I wish my parents would've bought me a Cobra for graduating High School. Instead I spent my own money and got stuck with a Honda.

Oso

Established Member
Sonik Blur said:
Cool man!! Thanks for the vid!! I didn't you'd do it, LOL!!

-Mike

I have alot more video of that car ass raping vette's, 600cc's bikes, 1 750 and staying about 3 or so cars back from a 05gsxr1k. I know that car would have ran 10.20-50's on the spray.

03cobrarocks

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
Oso, the car is currently in the impound lot at the Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department. He brought it to us after he demolished a halfshaft doing burnouts down at the beach. We installed a built solid axle with uppers, lowers, shocks, new exhaust, etc. Two weeks later, he had worn through one of the bearings on the uppers (he tried to adjust them himself and screwed up). We replaced them at no charge to him and sent him on his way. Mustangweek was rolling around the corner and he was still having issues with the rearend. We were so busy, we didnt get to him, but he the car was still drivable, so we told him how to get the car back (we were already at the beach). The night before he left, he accidentally put Diesel fuel in to the car. We had a buddy of ours meet him, then tow it back to our shop, where it sat til we got back from the beach. We confirmed it was Diesel fuel (he denied it, even though you could smell it on the injectors). He was frustrated with us b/c we couldnt "fix" the rearend before Mustangweek, so he had it towed to another local speed shop. They replaced all the lines, injectors, etc for the Diesel problem, then did something to the rear end (which he was still having issues with, not sure why b/c we know the axle is right). He got it tuned with the Nitrous and was putting down a little over 550rwhp (a little on the low side, but they're just numbers). Apparently a STI was talking crap to him at a local hangout and they decided to run on a local interstate. An unmarked car was following them and got it on video. Ive been keeping up with the proceedings b/c if he loses the car, Im gonna buy it from the auction. i'll keep you updated.

hmm... even if an unmarked car is following you and gets it on video its not like the video can prove what speed you were going. Also wouldnt it HAVE to show in the video who was driving not just the car... becuase otherwise could not someone else be driving the car hypothetically?

G-STANG

Established Member
Oso said:
I purchased my first home when i was 21, my first cobra when I was 22. Prior to that was a 89' turbo trans am, 2002 1le Z28 that ran 10.50's and a slew of other ten sec cars.....this kids parents dropped 30k cash on my old car in the pic on the first page.

If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living to be able to afford a house at the age of 21.

My03

Banned
G-STANG said:
If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living to be able to afford a house at the age of 21.

This is the person you directed this question to on another account

When I purchased my first home it was only 112k, now on my second home at 260k and it's worth about 320k, homes are not hard to purchase as one may think. Try it, you might be shocked. Also I'm in the automotive industry and have lots of experience running repair facilities.

Bump for this car, I want it back!!!!

firebird1999us

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:

WTF???

Poor car:(

firebird1999us

Established Member
03cobrarocks said:
hmm... even if an unmarked car is following you and gets it on video its not like the video can prove what speed you were going. Also wouldnt it HAVE to show in the video who was driving not just the car... becuase otherwise could not someone else be driving the car hypothetically?

It would show illegal street racing though and a plate on the back linking the car to the owner. So long as it hasn't been reported as stolen I don't think you could say you weren't driving it...right??

madmatt

Stockishly Slow
Established Member
Such a shame to hear about the car. Hope the original owner gets it back and can care for it.

Users who are viewing this thread