Anyone make a claim with Hagertys?

AustinSN

Established Member
Beer Money Bros.
Hagerty has guaranteed value is what they call it. They pay out what you say it's worth.

The other collector car markets offer the same, but I would be wary of any "stated value" coverage on a regular auto policy. The way they are written sometimes is to pay out either the stated value, or the actual cash value, whichever is less.

Chubb recently was bought out by ACE, I've seen them start to do some odd things but I hope it's just a rough transition period. I have not written a collectors policy with them in a long time, it seems like they have too many hoops to jump through.

And there are cars that are instant collectors and can be insured regardless of age on a collectors policy. Hagerty lately has been more aggressive towards big HP cars, I just wrote my uncles kit car Cobra and if he hadn't been racing for the last 30 years, they would have said no. I believe their rates are starting to reflect that.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I've had Hagerty for a few years on my Cobra and thankfully no claims (knocking on wood).

The policy conditions may depend on state too. I've driven mine to work on occasion & out for errands and they never had an issue with it. I definitely asked if this was allowed since I've read that others like Grundy were very restrictive.

same here. Grundy was half the price of hagerty but if I wanted to be on the up and up (not really trying to commit insurance fraud) Id never be able to drive the car. My Hagerty policy specifically states about driving to work etc... being ok so long as its not done "frequently".

and yes, be very careful on agreed value vs stated value - agreed value they pay out what you agreed the value was when the policy was written. Stated value is open to review at the time of the claim and may be less than the stated amount is my understanding of it. Hagerty had no problem doing an agreed value policy on my heavily modified 03 Mach

LS2GTO

Established Member
They (edit: Hagerty) quoted my 97 Viper, and I am from Massachusetts. I think it has more to do with specific models/years to be honest.

Did you call them? Just doing a quick online look and when I put in my zipcode for a quote, the latest year that is available to choose is 1991. However when I put in a NH zip for example, the years go up to 2017.

Users who are viewing this thread