Anyone near Knoxville?

TrophyCar

2wheels are better than 4
Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
I hope I speak for everyone when I say we would be thrilled to have have visitors! Yeller, more to sign up!

If next Saturday's weather is like today's...we are in for a treat!

Trophy...found a ride yet?

I heard the weather is supposed to be great for Saturday. And no, :( no luck on the ride. I can get to TN fine, I just don't want to stress her through the curves with a driveaxle going bad. Call me overprotective, but I love her way too much to hurt her. So, it looks like I'll meet everyone there, but right now, no ride for the actual Dragon :nonono:

EDIT: Cause I'll forget to do it later in the week . . . Cell is (828) 768-1657 See everyone Saturday :rockon:

Last edited:

Nordi

I'll never grow up!
Established Member
TrophyCar, as of right now me and Cobraman302 are driving both of our cars. He may ride with me, but probably not. If we both drive, it will be him and his girlfriend and me by myself. So if I'm alone, you got a ride:thumbsup:

chip6990

Established Member
:beer: hey guys i live about an hour from knoxville, in greeneville, i have a few buddies that would love to get together to do something like the gap all in all there are bout 5 or 6 of us let me know

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Originally posted by chip6990
:beer: hey guys i live about an hour from knoxville, in greeneville, i have a few buddies that would love to get together to do something like the gap all in all there are bout 5 or 6 of us let me know

Gimme the names and cars and your in !!!!!!!!!:beer:

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
DRAGON RUN: Sat. Feb.28th, meeting in Maryville (Alcoa) for lunch at 1:00 @............

Up the Creek Fish Camp & Grill
352 Fountain View Circle
Alcoa, TN 37701
865-977-4244 website:http://www.upthecreekfishcamp.com/html/index.shtml

MANY PEOPLE ARE COMING AT 1200 TO MEET AND TALK SMACK IN THE PARKING LOT PRIOR TO LUNCH, COME EARLY. WE WILL LEAVE AS SOON AS LUNCH IS OVER (2:00-2:30)!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the "dragon link" for High performance toys.com......http://www.highperformancetoys.com/...mp;pagenumber=1

THE website: http://www.tailofthedragon.com/

SVTPERFORMANCE.COM
-------------------------------------
(1) 98 Yeller' SVT - definately IN !! (98 Cobra)
(2) Copperhead - definately IN !! (03 Cobra)
(3) Nordi - definately IN !! (96 Cobra)
(4) BlackVnm(AF24) - definately IN !! (98 Cobra)
(5) Cobraman302 - definately IN !! (2000 GT)
(6) TrophyCar - definately IN !! (single lady that..."needs a ride")

SVT 03 Cobra - ?
TNstangman - ?
Andrew 03 - ?
SlammedSVT - ?

HIGHPERFORMANCETOYS.COM
(10) G. Kidd - definately IN !! (03 Cobra)
(11) Fastozzy - definately IN !! (03 Cobra)
(12) Fast_SVT - definately IN !! (SVT Lightning)
(13) Mrs. Hazman - definately IN !! (04 Z06)
(14) M.Ousley - definately IN !! (sleeper V8 mustang)
(15) Bandit HPT- definately IN !! (2002 SS)

2CamSam - pending......
FoMoCoDave - pending......
Coil99 - ?
Mad97Cobra - ?
Quick6 - ?
93Snake - ?
DSG03Mach - ?
BlownGT - ?

Last edited:

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
Yeller,

This is coming togethor really nicely. If all those other guys at HPT come over too, it will look like a damn parade!

The weather is looking great for Saturday too.

Thanks for putting the effort into this!

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Originally posted by Copperhead
If all those other guys at HPT come over too, it will look like a damn parade!

No doubt, a parade of badass SVT's.
It almost makes you wanna call off the dragon run and just drive around Maryville terrorizing ricers and Chevys....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lunch is at 1:00 SHARP, I'll call "Up the Creek" Thursday or so and give them a rough head count.

I vote whoever wants to can meet there at 1200 and hang out/admire cars/talk smack, that whole area is parking lot city, plenty of room...I'll be there @ 1200, who else is in?

Last edited:

TrophyCar

Established Member
Originally posted by 98 Yeller' SVT
No doubt, a parade of badass SVT's.
It almost makes you wanna call off the dragon run and just drive around Maryville terrorizing ricers and Chevys....:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hey Hey Hey!!! :nono: Come on now, she's hurt not down for the count. :cryying: LOL

I'll should be there around noon. And I'll bring two walkie-talkies with me. :beer:

Hazman

SVT Traitor
Established Member
We should be there around noon. We are bringing walkie talkies as should everyone! Boy if the forecast holds we should have great weather!:rockon:

Copperhead

"Cover me, Porkins!"
Established Member
I can't make it til about 1pm. I hafta work that morning unfortunately. What time should we leave to make "the assault?"

gkidd

Established Member
Noon works for me too. I'm gonna bring my 11 year old nephew, who is gonna absolutely pass out whith all the rides there.

Only gonna bring him along for the pre-game show though...dont want to be too bad of an influence;-)

98 Yeller' SVT

Perpetual bottle filler
Established Member
Guys, many of you have been on "The dragon" before, but many of you probably have not. So without sounding "preachy" Hazman and I figured we would post a few things to note before the big day. Safety is the #1 thing, nothing will ruin a trip faster than (God forbid) an accident or someone with a torn-up car.

1) THIS IS NOT AN ORGANIZED EVENT, there is NO "sanctioning body" or anyone to point fingers at if it should hit the fan with cops or whatever. Just a bunch of local guys cruising up Deals Gap. Tickets are your problem. Accidents involving high speeds are your problem. At best, we may get together afterwards and take up a collection for bail money.

2) DO NOT TAILGATE the guy in front of you...this ain't Talladega, leave whomever is running in front of you at least 3 carlengths in the turns and 5 carlengths in the straightaways. There are many reasons why the guy in front of you may need to slam on the brakes...cops, deer, bear, tractor-trailers, fallen rocks, you name it. If I see any of the above I'm locking up the brakes, you can count on it.

3) BE VERY, VERY CAREFUL CROSSING THE CENTERLINE, these turns are very tight, and in 80% of the cases there is a mountain inside that turn blocking your view of the opposing lane. Don't risk it by cutting the centerline on tight curves, if there is a tractor-trailer (happens all the time) in the opposing lane, it is gonna' cause one hell of a mess.

4) CHECK OUT YOUR CAR PRIOR, the dragon can be very tough on tires, brakes, nerves, etc. Check oil and coolant levels, brakes and brake fluid, tire and spare tire pressures, and lugnuts.

5) SEATBELTS, SEATBELTS, SEATBELTS- this is common sense, many of the turns on the dragon have NO guardrails...and should something go wrong, it would be a long painful trip down the side of the mountain without a seatbelt. (It would be a long, painful trip down WITH a seatbelt)

6) FILL UP WITH GAS PRIOR, don't be that guy that makes the whole group stop because "you need gas", fill up before.

7) DON'T DRIVE OUTSIDE YOUR COMFORT ZONE IN ORDER TO "KEEP UP", the fastest cars are sent first, then slower in stages. If the group you are running with is too fast, pull over and wait a few minutes and pick up the end of the next group, you're not in competition with others, the competition is yourself
and the ROAD.

8) BEWARE OF RADAR ON THE NC SIDE OF CHERAHOLA SKYWAY, if we do hit radar, this will probably be the place it's encountered, once you hit the TN border, drop the hammer.

I suggest everyone get a detailed map of Deals Gap/Cherahola skyway and review it, because there is ALWAYS someone who
gets lost, and getting lost without a map where we are going would be "GETTING LOST", lemme tell ya!

We are planning on 3 preplanned stops throughout the route:

1) "Pumpkin center"- large pull off immediately before the long, straight "river road", 7 miles before the start of the dragon.
Smaller groups may decide to pull over at the beginning of the dragon, but there is only room for 5-7 cars there.

2) "Crossroads of Time"- This is a (the only) small market on the left, at the end of the dragon about a mile after you reach the NC border. They will probably be closed.

3) "Lakeview Observation point"- This is an observation point on the Cherahola skyway about 6 miles after you cross BACK into TN.

Good luck and everybody use their heads !!!!!

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
I was paning on cruising down the Dragon this saturday when Hazeman told me about you all going. If you don't mind I'll cruise behind you. I'll do my best to keep up ; )

TrophyCar

Established Member
Wow, I can't wait. This is gonna be my farewell event. I'll be moving to Greensboro, NC next week. Let's make it fun.

Users who are viewing this thread