Anyone running a Tial QR BOV?

00stang37

Established Member
If you want it quite I would run that QR and then recirculate the air to the blower inlet like said above. Still keep it as a blow through MAF.

An open Tial is really loud. Its not so bad if you aren't spinning the blower too hard and your cruise rpm is low. But if my cruise rpm hits about 2,500 then my BOV goes nuts. If I had to go on a long trip I'd probably need noise cancelling headphones or ear plugs.

What are you running for boost? Ill be 9-10#

Mach828

Established Member
It is pretty quite in comparison. This is like a 4k rev with my setup when I first got it. Blower wasn't spinning very hard, it only hit 6lbs at 6,800. Its much louder now. I'm about ~8lbs or so.

[video=youtube;qt3coRJmSes]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt3coRJmSes[/video]

Last edited:

00stang37

Established Member
Yea that doesnt sound too bad. If 8lbs is much louder then itll be a no go. I dont mind it being loud with a rev or when shifting. I normally cruise between 1800-2200

swirk

'00 GT to '01 Cobra swap
Established Member
I ran the open Tial for a little while. My wife HATED it! It was loud. Most people said it sounded like a sick vacuum cleaner. I ended up call Tial and buying piece to convert it to a recirc type BOV. Much quieter now.

I am running 12-13 PSI on a P1SC.

I would try it. I believe the recirc conversion was around $50. Just make sure you get the right spring for a supercharger!

00stang37

Established Member
I ran the open Tial for a little while. My wife HATED it! It was loud. Most people said it sounded like a sick vacuum cleaner. I ended up call Tial and buying piece to convert it to a recirc type BOV. Much quieter now.

I am running 12-13 PSI on a P1SC.

I would try it. I believe the recirc conversion was around $50. Just make sure you get the right spring for a supercharger!

Thanks for the input. Do you have any videos of the recirc set up?

03redfirevert.

coyote eater
Established Member
I run a pair of the open 50 mm valves on my race car.You can get up to a -12psi spring that will keep the valve closed during cruising. They are available from -2psi to -12 psi

01yellercobra

Established Member
I run a pair of the open 50 mm valves on my race car.You can get up to a -12psi spring that will keep the valve closed during cruising. They are available from -2psi to -12 psi

That's only for turbo set ups. Blower set ups need the valve open during cruising to bleed off any pressure that might build up.

cbrown9064

Established Member
Not to resurrect a tool old thread (only a couple months), but are you guys with the QR valve recirtulating or venting? Some other recirculating BOVs people have put a small filter (like a breather filter) on the end of the outlet of the recirculating BOV to muffle it down.

Just starting my Novi 2000 conversion and I have a Tial Q. Thinking of converting it to a QR. Undecided about recirculating. If I can muffle it down a lot without recirculating, then I will. Otherwise I will need plumb in a recir port. I am blow through, so was just thinking of sending the recirc air back to intake pipe.

Thoughts?

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
ive got recirculating BRRV just vented to atmosphere and its an annoying bastard with the high pitch howl it makes cruising 1700ish or higher. Im gonna try to put a filter on it. If that doesnt work I found some silicone tubing and Im gonna try routing it some different places and possibly even put a filter on the end of it there...just dont wanna restrict it too much

JeronimoJC

Established Member
Any updates on this? I've been considering the same, a Tial QR with a filter to muffle the sound.

Anyone else here using a filter to muffle the sound?

Users who are viewing this thread