Anyone seen this? 2 cars 6 bodies discovered in Oklahoma lake

u n v kenny

Established Member
It's a repost. But just like you, I'm too lazy to use the search button to find the thread.

Shepp1691

Established Member
Thats very crazy, never seen it before, wonder how rare that 69 is? maybe a COPO car or something. looks like it was a convertible maybe.

fast ford brian

Established Member
The story is that the damn by the lake has a curve in it and the cars probably went over on a rainy night . The news in Oklahoma has more pics and details.

SoBlue4.6

Established Member
I've been on that lake within the past 15 years.

To add, my first childhood friend, when we were sophomores in HS, died on that lake in 2003 after his boat capsized.

Crazy to know that was all down there when I was there.

Mr.Bolt-on

Jimmy Rustler
Established Member
This article was actually kind of neat. Finding those two classic cars is just like going into a time machine. That 1969 Camaro went missing in 1970, which means it was basically brand new.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Weird that both cars were found side by side, with about 10 years between them. As if both drivers erred in the exact same way, putting them going into the lake at the same place.

Last edited:

LogiWorld123

Established Member
makes me wonder if they are going to sonar the hell out of the rest of the lakes here.

HEMIHUNTER

Established Member
When I lived in Tucson we'd go hiking/backpacking around Mt. Lemmon. In the spring the snowmelt would get the "dried up" waterfalls going. One time we took a pretty steep trail to get to this one really nice waterfall. On the way down we ran into a lot of old cars that ran off the road [ no bodies] some making it quite a way down the side of the mountain. Found out that the Air Force[ DMAFB is in Tucson] would practice rescues by airlifting some of them out

zerocool

Douchy McDoucherson
Established Member
makes me wonder if they are going to sonar the hell out of the rest of the lakes here.

Doubtful. When Meredith (north of Amarillo) dried up they pulled up remains, cars and even a small prop plane out. Generally every lake has secrets and losses in them, wouldn't be financially feasible.

Users who are viewing this thread