Anyone want to race a H/C C5 ZO6?

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
lol at so many things in this thread

lol at 'ported/pullied' cobra being able to keep up with a 465whp vette - no.

lol at 'ported/pullied cobra beat 470whp z06' - buy that guy some driving lessons or a better tune.

I forgot the internet racers know everything. my car makes 80 wheel more than his. I'd give you money to outdrive him. Won't happen.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
lol at so many things in this thread

lol at 'ported/pullied' cobra being able to keep up with a 465whp vette - no.

lol at 'ported/pullied cobra beat 470whp z06' - buy that guy some driving lessons or a better tune.

I never said it would, but if the OP tries to race whippled cobra's or anything making that sort of power, it wont be good. It wouldn't be that bad of a race either.

I needed a 100 shot to beat a whippled cobra making 620rwhp in my H/C/I/n2o C5 Z.

[youtube_browser]zGFxYqK-mUU[/youtube_browser]

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
I told rob and ajmir I'd probably run him when I get back from this work trip if I can make time. Even though I make a lot less power It should be a decent race for my Camaro

Ok, just let me know when you're back and we can set it up. Should definitely be a good race

BayareaSS

Established Member
It would love a 3.90 gear for sure. its stock weight and on 18" hoosier dr's cutting 1.59s. cam exhaust ls3. untouched ls3 heads. car would pick up a decent amount with a gear. car runs well for the setup.
By faster, do you mean trap? since that is what "faster" refers to.
You're right I should of said a little quicker and it's about as fast as his. My car is heavier and makes about 40 less hp. I agree that c5z's need gears to run a great time. The mn12 transmission gearing sucks when it comes to the 3rd-4th shift. It drops to low in the rpms.
How much does your car weigh? It's makes good power but I'm guessing it's not full weight to trap over 130 with about 550hp
I have a H/C/I c6z06?
Ok?...me too but that doesn't make for a good race for a h/c c5z

Ok, just let me know when you're back and we can set it up. Should definitely be a good race
Ok I will

Shadow Grey 03

Established Member
You're right I should of said a little quicker and it's about as fast as his. My car is heavier and makes about 40 less hp. I agree that c5z's need gears to run a great time. The mn12 transmission gearing sucks when it comes to the 3rd-4th shift. It drops to low in the rpms.
How much does your car weigh? It's makes good power but I'm guessing it's not full weight to trap over 130 with about 550hp

Ok I will

I'm at about 3750 race weight.

Rambro

Established Member
A 470 rwhp C5 is going to be a handful for a ported cobra, but depending on the setup the cobra can make it close. E85, a lower pulley, some weight reduction, killer chiller, and some suspension and it may be closer than most might think.

Camaro_94

Brown Recluse Slayer
Established Member
is that right? :lol:

Ok. Because a whipped cobra making 620+rwhp is going to be fair.

I never said it would win. I just said it would be a decent race. Especially if ones properly setup and can hook from a dig on the street.

What do pullied/ported cobra's usually make? 520-530rwhp? That's still about 60-70rwhp more than his car. You act like a H/C/I C5 is going to put train lengths on it.

I'd give the OP the won by 1.5-2 cars from 40-140. That's a decent race IMHO. A whipped Cobra would easily put 5 cars on him. He's probably trapping 123-124 on motor.

Last edited:

Jroc

Established Member

Ok I will

He has a SRA which should save around 120 lbs give or take and likely puts down a little more HP to the tires than with the IRS. He's also corn fed which from everything I've seen online makes a huge difference in a Terminator. I want to say that I've seen video's of corn fed pulleyed Cobras yanking ported/pulleyed/pump gas Cobras pretty good. Whenever I get back to my TermiFox swap I'm thinking of going the E85 route.

Zemedici

Established Member
Ok. Because a whipped cobra making 620+rwhp is going to be fair.

I never said it would win. I just said it would be a decent race. Especially if ones properly setup and can hook from a dig on the street.

What do pullied/ported cobra's usually make? 520-530rwhp? That's still about 60-70rwhp more than his car. You act like a H/C/I C5 is going to put train lengths on it.

I'd give the OP the won by 1.5-2 cars from 40-140. That's a decent race IMHO. A whipped Cobra would easily put 5 cars on him. He's probably trapping 123-124 on motor.

530rwhp is an extremely good port. Port/pulley is average about 500. So that's 40 whp. Meaning any z06 driver worth a shit should walk the cobra.

Ill_W1N

Established Member
LOL! Doubt it'll be a good run, but if you want to waste gas for the hell of it PM me your #.

Lol i was just joking. Id be down to meet up and check out some rides though. Do u guys have meet up spots in san jose on friday saturday nights anywhere?

SSmoked99

Burn that sh*t UBZ
Established Member
Lol i was just joking. Id be down to meet up and check out some rides though. Do u guys have meet up spots in san jose on friday saturday nights anywhere?

I'm sure there are still meets, but I don't go to any of them anymore. The last huge meet I went to was in Pleasanton, but the following year CHP was pulling everyone over. Last I heard, the meets in SJ were not a good idea.

2fst4urtrk

OHIM2FST4U
Established Member
id be down to meet up. im getting my fuel setup finished next week so my tune will be good to go. i only have 285 in the rear so id be down for a 40-140 run. dont really care who wins just want to see what a ported cobra can do. mods in sig

Users who are viewing this thread