Anyone with a 2.7L EB F150 regret not getting the 3.5?

Coiled03

Established Member
Greg it all depends on your relationship with your dealership / dealers competence.

I see it like this

In the end, if they cover any sort of failure under warranty, they get paid (by ford) and the customer is happy.

If they say it’s not covered under warranty, you MAY pay to fix it out of pocket, and you may not.

So dealers usually see it’s in their best interest to try like hell to get shit warrantied. Hell I’ve seen 5.0 engines warrantied when they have Paxton’s on them. :D

A tune will not void your vehicles warranty, a dealership cannot do that. What they CAN do is refuse to work on your car UNDER warranty, which just means you’ll have to pay for the repair, or go elsewhere. :)

That make sense?

Yeah, that makes sense. I suppose I could just flat out ask them. But that's an all or nothing proposition in that if they say no, and I bring it in, they'll probably be looking for it at that point.

Oh well. I gotta get some other things sorted out before I worry about a tune. Thanks for the info, everyone.

Zemedici

Established Member
Yeah, that makes sense. I suppose I could just flat out ask them. But that's an all or nothing proposition in that if they say no, and I bring it in, they'll probably be looking for it at that point.

Oh well. I gotta get some other things sorted out before I worry about a tune. Thanks for the info, everyone.

I wouldn’t even bring it up, as you’re giving them an easy out. It’s up to the dealer to prove the modifications caused the failure.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator

Enjoy the truck, and then decide what to do.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
****ing redirects.
Wish my 04 would sell. Only put the for sales signs in Friday though. I should have done it 2 weeks ago I guess.

SVTdreamin04

What's a "Termi"???
Established Member
Premium Member
****ing redirects.
Wish my 04 would sell. Only put the for sales signs in Friday though. I should have done it 2 weeks ago I guess.

List it on eBay for exposure. Then sell it outside of eBay so you don’t have to pay the fees.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

black92

Hot rod Lincoln
Established Member
I've never heard of the quality of the tune impacting whether or not a dealer can tell if it's been flashed.

I misunderstood you. Each time I take my car in for service, I flash it back to stock. It's a simple 5 minute process that is more than worth the time.

I seriously doubt your dealership will randomly check to see if you ever tuned it. If you had a CAI, downpipes or something to give them reason, then possibly.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
****ing redirects.

I need to get some for my Fusion. I’ve got it listed on CL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread