Anyone with a 2.7L EB F150 regret not getting the 3.5?

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Yeah i was honestly surprised. His truck seems a bit smoother as well. I REALLY wanted the 5.0, but platinums mostly came with 3.5s. Womp womp.
Looking forward to getting it and messing with the settings. Normal, sport and economy.
Will be better than my 04 that does 16.2 average.

ssj4sadie

Established Member
Premium Member
What about with a tuner?
Looking at a couple options now and I loved my '14 Ram Laramie but thinking of F150s this time.
Any with my heavy foot but fair about of highway cruise my air ride (lowered at highway) averaged 18mpg, just a touch over my Hellcat Charger, both better than AMG ML63s SUV
-J
I averaged 16 IIRC on a road trip in my Gen2 Raptor. But I was cruising at around 80mph. That did not help things at all.

Coiled03

Established Member
What trim, color, etc?

Here's a picture:

upload_2018-7-28_14-42-21.png

It's a Lariat, 502A package, basically loaded to the hilt.

gasyone

Put Her In Jail!
Established Member
I have both and really to be honest unless you tow the 2.7 is more than sufficient.

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Coiled03

Established Member
Are you planning on buying it out in the end?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't know yet. I just picked it up today, and that's 3 years down the road. If I had to guess when I'm 35 payments from the end, I'd say I'm going to turn it in.

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Don't know yet. I just picked it up today, and that's 3 years down the road. If I had to guess when I'm 35 payments from the end, I'd say I'm going to turn it in.
What are the monthly payments, and how much down? Be honest please.

Coiled03

Established Member
What are the monthly payments, and how much down? Be honest please.

$409/mo, $4900 down.

Bear in mind, the capitalized price was less than X-plan before the down payment.

EDIT: I should probably add that's for 10.5K miles per year. I'm expecting to incur a mileage penalty at the end. But the penalty is cheaper than the increase in payment for a higher mileage allowance, so I don't really care.

Last edited:

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
$409/mo, $4900 down.

Bear in mind, the capitalized price was less than X-plan before the down payment.

EDIT: I should probably add that's for 10.5K miles per year. I'm expecting to incur a mileage penalty at the end. But the penalty is cheaper than the increase in payment for a higher mileage allowance, so I don't really care.
What did that sticker for? I didn’t want the 502. Went with the 501 and optioned from there.

BlksvtCobra01

Deplorable and Proud
Established Member
Quite frankly, I don't need many of the options it has. But, I've never had a new car, ever, in my entire life. And give my personal circumstances, I thought it was time to do something for myself for once. Long story.

Nice truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

03cobra#694

Good Guy
Super Moderator
Quite frankly, I don't need many of the options it has. But, I've never had a new car, ever, in my entire life. And give my personal circumstances, I thought it was time to do something for myself for once. Long story.
All good. I hated life when mine was $47 sticker, at least my wife did. Lol
Love that color.

Users who are viewing this thread