Anyway to jump Water Pump like you can the IC pump?

vipergts281

Established Member
I want to double check and make sure my water pump is working. Every time I check the reservoir I don't see it circulating. But I've been keeping an eye on temps with my Predator. Nothing out of the ordinary.

Any way to kick the pump on like you can with the supercharger IC pump?

cbr repsol

Established Member
No u can't due to it being run off of a belt,Engine needs to be running . Unless u have a aftermarket electric pump?

vipergts281

Established Member
Tu won't notice any fluid circulating in the tank.

Really? So it's not like the SC ic pump then, that's very noticeable.

So, what do I do then? I have a Predator, I assume as long as the temp doesn't go above the normal range, it would be a safe bet that the pump is working?

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Keep a eye on the temps, if you think its over heating check that the fans are coming on, and also if the thermostat is opening correctly. Sounds like you are not overheating but were just concerned there was no "flow" in the tank. I highly doubt its the water pump going bad.

AntiHeightPunk

Established Member
Agree with above, if you ask that question and you are having overheating issues its best to bring your car to a shop than destroy your heads

vipergts281

Established Member
Keep a eye on the temps, if you think its over heating check that the fans are coming on, and also if the thermostat is opening correctly. Sounds like you are not overheating but were just concerned there was no "flow" in the tank. I highly doubt its the water pump going bad.
I just drove the car about 35 minutes. First 10 where stop and go. Rest was highway.

Engine coolant stayed around 195 while cruising. Got to 208 at one point after accelerating. But went back down pretty quickly.

I know the fans come on. How do I test to make sure the thermostat is opening?

It hasn't ever overheated on me. You are correct, I was just asking because I didn't see any movement in the tank.

Last edited:

racebronco2

Established Member
I just drove the car about 35 minutes. First 10 where stop and go. Rest was highway.

Engine coolant stayed around 195 while cruising. Got to 208 at one point after accelerating. But went back down pretty quickly.

I know the fans come on. How do I test to make sure the thermostat is opening?

It hasn't ever overheated on me. You are correct, I was just asking because I didn't see any movement in the tank.

If it's not over heating than the thermostat is working. You will not see any movement in the tank because it's not designed to have any flow into it, that's why it's called an expansion tank.

Cobra03SC

Established Member
Sounds fine to me. It would overheat very quickly if the T stat wasnt working. Cut the guy a break, we all start somewhere. Better to ask a "dumb" question than to keep driving it and it actually have been overheating.

vipergts281

Established Member
I know about some of my Cobra. However, I don't know (clearly) about the water pump. I know the coolant in the IC system is blatantly obvious when it is circulating. I assumed (incorrectly) that the coolant would do the same on the engine side of things.

Excuse me for being so ignorant about that. I wasn't aware I was supposed to be an expert with every little detail of my car.

Tough crowd here.

cbr repsol

Established Member
I know about some of my Cobra. However, I don't know (clearly) about the water pump. I know the coolant in the IC system is blatantly obvious when it is circulating. I assumed (incorrectly) that the coolant would do the same on the engine side of things.

Excuse me for being so ignorant about that. I wasn't aware I was supposed to be an expert with every little detail of my car.

Tough crowd here.

I answered the question on post 2 . It was a simple responce to your question. Some people made it more than it was.

Dont be affraid to ask

Users who are viewing this thread