Are my cars ok for the north east?

DAVESVT2000

Established Member
Thanks for the help everyone! I got my offer on Friday and accepted it...they want me there in three weeks so this should be fun.

FYI you'll only be about 45 minutes from New England Dragway.

And the NH Mustang club has some pretty good shows, one coming up in July at the Anheiser Busch brewery in Merrimack, about ten minutes from Nashua.

What are you going to be doing?

^ + 1 ?

boatcop1

Established Member
I have spent my whole life in the NE and long term you will want to get at least 1 AWD/4WD vehicle prefereably an SUV. Like others have said, you can get around with a 2wd with sand bags and blizzaks etc etc however you will be at a huge disadvantage. I cannot recall how many times my neighbor tried going to the store during a storm with 4-5" of snow on the ground and couldn't really get down the unplowed street! I would see him and pick him up in my Expedition with BFG A/T's and we would just tank through snow drifts, plow piles etc! It's a huge advantage being in a truck. Again you can "get by" but wouldn't you rather know that you can get through anything you want when you want? Good luck, I love New Hampshire.

2001Bullitt

Established Member
Premium Member
Party Liquor Posse
I live in Mass and work in Nashua, 15 minute drive for me. You dont need 4wd like others have said. I know right where you will be working, I see it every morning. The only issue you will have is that Nashua likes to wait till the end of storms to plow, makes for interesting u-turns on DW highway. Your Jeep will be fine with a set of studded snows, No issues. I have done it for years. Oh I also do NH state inspections so when you come up here get in touch with me I work at Toyota of Nashua so I can do them for yah!:beer: Good luck with the move. Decent amount of things to do around here.

deadernie

is my name
Established Member
Sure 4wd or AWD would be easier but not a must most of the time. Dedicated snow, tires, extra weight in the rear and every once in awhile chains have served me well in my Ranger 2wd. I can usually get around fine until it gets to be 8"+. Never liked FWD in the snow. If the wheels are spinning there's no steering. Especially sucks when trying to go up a hill with a turn.

Users who are viewing this thread