are there after market lower pulleys with the brace?

rsilver

Established Member
Just wondering if there are any after market lower pulleys that allow you to use the stock "brace" . I want the stock look (even under the car) and feel better having the brace on there even though I understand most people don't have problems without the brace. Anyone know if this product is around? Thanks bob

exdeath

Established Member
Shouldn't be too hard to press out and cut up the stock pulley hub and weld it to a different ring or adapter plate. After seeing how long the crank snout is from the front bearing, I wouldn't want to run without the stock cage, esp launching hard on slicks with a blower.

oldmodman

Established Member
There will be one soon.

Here is a thread about an aftermarket one with a new, higher performance dampener and a choice of belt pulley ring sizes.

It's really long and you will have to go through the entire thing to find the technical info. It's now up to 30 pages. The person doing it will be doing ONE SINGLE RUN. He is not going to be doing this as a business. I will ask him to let all interested people know when he will actually be making them.

[ame=http://www.modularfords.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142793]Any interest in a crank cage w/ pulleys? - ModularFords.com[/ame]

rsilver

Established Member
Oldmodman, thanks for the link. I hope they are able to do it, it will be a major
improvement for lower pulleys. I am still reading the thread, but its a really good discussion. Great link............bob

Jroc

Established Member
Because companies are too cheap and lazy to design a brace on their lowers I will just stick with the stock pulley.

Users who are viewing this thread