Are you ever just .... tired of being alive??

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs

Man, I hate to read this from anyone.

Do you have a family? Kids? Wife?

If I remember right, at one point @Zemedici and someone had a thread offering to talk people through stuff like this. If I'm wrong, I apologize for tagging you Josh.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
I hear you bro.... if you can swing it, help others. This will bring real joy/reward to your life. At minimum maintain some sort of hobby where you can build a connection with someone / something....

Good luck to you fighting the good fight

13COBRA

Resident Ford Dealer
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
Dont be alarmed, most its just sarcasm but also a great deal of frustration. I'll be fine, but it helps to let off some steam.

The best thing you can ever do is do things for others. It'll give you a better feeling about yourself than you could ever get just doing it for yourself.

For instance, having kids was the best thing I've ever done in my life. I enjoy watching them try new sports, experience new things, etc....10x's more than I enjoy spending money and time on things for myself.

jpro

Disoriented Poster
Established Member
The best thing you can ever do is do things for others. It'll give you a better feeling about yourself than you could ever get just doing it for yourself.

For instance, having kids was the best thing I've ever done in my life. I enjoy watching them try new sports, experience new things, etc....10x's more than I enjoy spending money and time on things for myself.
Nailed it. Kids are the greatest gift (I was swearing at them on the way out the door this morning because they were being jackasses, but I digress...)

I have a very positive outlook on life and I am happy to be alive. I once read how to "live young" as you get older (I'm 45) and I have followed the advice for a long time. I feel like a million bucks. I know that's a little off topic, but hydrate, get 8 hours of sleep, exercise regularly, limit red meat consumption, reduce stress. You'll feel better physically and it will improve your overall mood.

pwrshft99

Established Member
Nailed it. Kids are the greatest gift (I was swearing at them on the way out the door this morning because they were being jackasses, but I digress...)

I have a very positive outlook on life and I am happy to be alive. I once read how to "live young" as you get older (I'm 45) and I have followed the advice for a long time. I feel like a million bucks. I know that's a little off topic, but hydrate, get 8 hours of sleep, exercise regularly, limit red meat consumption, reduce stress. You'll feel better physically and it will improve your overall mood.

Last edited:

apex svt

MEAN STREAK
Established Member
Seeing how we live in the same terrible state, this time of year is very depressing. It’s cold out, dark when I go to work, dark when I get home.
Could be part of it, I know it makes my weeks seem longer.

Zemedici

Established Member

Man, I hate to read this from anyone.

Do you have a family? Kids? Wife?

If I remember right, at one point @Zemedici and someone had a thread offering to talk people through stuff like this. If I'm wrong, I apologize for tagging you Josh.

That's me bro, you right. Other guy isnt as active on the forum, so just me currently. Offer still stands.

@OP Remember, nights always darkest just before the dawn. Keep pushing bro.

Maybe new hobbies? New locale?

VegasMichael

Established Member
Sounds like you need some life changes. You're in a rut perhaps. I agree with Josh about new things and places and people. Maybe a vacation.

You mentioned that so many things weren't working out as planned. It made me think of a saying I heard years ago: "The secret to happiness is to have low expectations."

I realize that can't apply to all aspects of life, especially in the workplace, but my mindset when doing things is to just remain hopeful, and not believe everything's going to turn out perfectly. I also tend to not stray from my circles of competence. I'm no good with serious relationships so I steer clear of them. That girl at the end of the bar is a 10 and I'm about a 5 or 6 so I don't approach her.

My hobbies these days are simple and inexpensive, all of which have great chances of success. Reading, watching movies, exercising, drawing. Drawing relaxes me like nothing else.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread