Are you guys insane!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rskdsk

Established Member
I am a huge shelby fan, and have owned many real shelbys ... but anyone willing to pay over MSRP for a hyped up gt ... insane. The car is a brick. I have seen the prices coming down on ebay ... and soon we will all be able to pick one up for msrp ... do not fall into the hype, or let ford play mind games with you, there will be plenty for all!

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
Beating a dead horse.....
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

I will let Bruce chime in and close this if he wants to. I just like using my new smilie :)

:poke:

MD03SVT

Established Member
Having owed 3 GT's and 01 & 03 & 04 Cobra's I have to say that my Shelby is the best bang for the buck in everyway.Now if someone wants to pay over MSRP that is there choice & if you can why not cuz having this car is like having the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.There is also nothing like being the 1st kid on the block & getting a Shelby in a year or 2 Will Not be the same.:banana:

Whitten

Grocery Run
Established Member
rskdsk, seeing as you have owned some Shelby's I want to know what affect you think the new GT-500 will have on previous models if any? Also one thing to keep in mind is that Shelby's in general are skyrocketing in price...but what goes up must come down.

Quadcammer

4cams aren't better then1
Established Member
MD03SVT said:
Having owed 3 GT's and 01 & 03 & 04 Cobra's I have to say that my Shelby is the best bang for the buck in everyway.Now if someone wants to pay over MSRP that is there choice & if you can why not cuz having this car is like having the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.There is also nothing like being the 1st kid on the block & getting a Shelby in a year or 2 Will Not be the same.:banana:

2004 Z06> Shelby GT500 in every way, except modability

chuckstang

Established Member
who would buy a c5 z06 anyway when you can get a brand new c6 for a hair over 40k!!!

BANDIT HPT

Established Member
chuckstang said:
who would buy a c5 z06 anyway when you can get a brand new c6 for a hair over 40k!!!

I'd have to go with a C6 also. It might be a tad slower than the old Z06 but the refinement of the C6 makes up for it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
rskdsk said:
... but anyone willing to pay over MSRP for a hyped up gt ...

nice! thats means the 03/04 mustangs svt's were nothing than underhyped gt's? correct? and my local dealer was selling these gt add on for 7500 over msrp as well.

all of you guys are crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????

the bottom line is the styling is good. the drivetrain is outstanding? if you do not the the drivetrain of the gt500 is worth another 10g's over the mustang gt then your just loony.:bash: :poke: :rollseyes

LIGHTNING LARRY

Retired
Super Moderator
quadcammer said:
2004 Z06> Shelby GT500 in every way, except modability

You know man if all you want to do is slam Fords, why don't you do it on another site. I'm getting real tired of your shit.

Take it somewhere else. :nonono:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
Closed

rskdsk said:
I am a huge shelby fan, and have owned many real shelbys ... but anyone willing to pay over MSRP for a hyped up gt ... insane. The car is a brick. I have seen the prices coming down on ebay ... and soon we will all be able to pick one up for msrp ... do not fall into the hype, or let ford play mind games with you, there will be plenty for all!

rsk:

Read this:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182012

Then this:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302373

If you have any questions, read them again!

If you still have questions PM me and I will try to help!

This car is not a brick. Your perception may be it's a brick because you don't know a lot (or perhaps anything?) about the car? This car is FAAAAAAAAAAAR from a "hyped up GT" as you referred to it. :nono:

You say you have owned "real" Shelby's? Well this "new" Shelby will do everything your "real" Shelbys did, only better! :idea: It's faster, rides better, drives better, handles better, it's more comfortable, stops better and goes around corners better. :read: I may have missed a few things so forgive me if I have. :(

I'm closing this thread because it serves no useful purpose!!:rollseyes

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
ac427cobra said:
rsk:

Read this:
http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=182012

Then this:

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302373

If you have any questions, read them again!

If you still have questions PM me and I will try to help!

This car is not a brick. Your perception may be it's a brick because you don't know a lot (or perhaps anything?) about the car? This car is FAAAAAAAAAAAR from a "hyped up GT" as you referred to it. :nono:

You say you have owned "real" Shelby's? Well this "new" Shelby will do everything your "real" Shelbys did, only better! :idea: It's faster, rides better, drives better, handles better, it's more comfortable, stops better and goes around corners better. :read: I may have missed a few things so forgive me if I have. :(

I'm closing this thread because it serves no useful purpose!!:rollseyes

This is what I was waiting for :)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
:beer:

When Bruce gets fired up it becomes fun to watch :banana:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread