Arkansas Car Club

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
IMO, it seems that most clubs have a generic title using two words. I kinda like something that has a lot of meaning in it with one word. How about SYMBIOSIS: A relationship of mutual benefit or dependence. Just my .02. Still brainstorming...

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
AzianStang said:
We should throw this on the front of a t-shirt, then have some popped cherries on a stem on the back.
That would be hilarious. I would wear a large hymen. anybody feel that they would like an extra large? lol

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
Dang it

Well this saturday my dad is taking his car to centerville both days for the fast fords weekend at centerville, and he told me if i want to drive the 1100 horse mustang i have to go saturday, cause sunday, he's bracket racing. I haven't driven it in a year, and not with 1100Hp, so saturday i can't make the meeting but i'm down with the club, just feel me in on the details i missed. I want to be there in NLR,but this the only time i might get to drive it untill next year. sorry guys and a girl. Be safe. And be stupid. :rockon:

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Good luck. Don't forget to strap on...ummm...oops. I mean Strap in. Be careful in that beast. We will be sure to fill you in on all the details.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Okay, so instead of assuming that EVERYONE'S gonna show up Saturday...

PLEASE LET US KNOW IF YOU ARE COMING FOR SURE!

So we can know what kind of turnout to expect. We need a roster.

I'm definitely coming. :rolling: Who else?

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
I'm in. I have a suggestion. Everyone bring their little black books and exchange numbers. There is nothing more frustrating than wanting to call someone and then realize that you never got their didgits.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
03WetSnake said:
centerville both days for the fast fords weekend at centerville,

I think this would make a much better place for the meeting anyway. What kind of tool bags are we if we turn down racing to eat and discuss a car club? Anybody?

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
mhays26 said:
I think this would make a much better place for the meeting anyway. What kind of tool bags are we if we turn down racing to eat and discuss a car club? Anybody?
I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that. Go race in this heat and humidity. We have stuff to talk about, and some of us are going to a car show Sunday.

This is probably why you don't kick it with us.

Last edited:

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
AzianStang said:
I'm gonna pretend you didn't just say that. Go race in this heat and humidity. We have stuff to talk about, and some of us are going to a car show Sunday.

This is probably why you don't kick it with us.

Yeah your right, nothing like a car club that eats food and TALKS about their cars. High of 92 and low of 69, thats like having the A/C on compared to some of the days I have raced in.

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
i know for one that if i am at centerville it is to race not to talk. i dont mind visiting with people at the track in between runs but i am not there to discuss something anything important. plus i am not going to drive all the way from carlisle to centerville to talk. i would love to have you join us at 7:30 at gander mountain/old walmart to start this thing off with us man, but we are not going to change the entire meeting place and time. that is where most of us decided to have it and that is where/when the majority of people can make it.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Edit: To save face and keep the friends that I have on here.

Last edited:

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
mhays26 said:
Edit: To save face and keep the friends that I have on here.

i hope whatever it was that you said before you edited this wasnt in my direction as i was only trying to tell you that we cant change the times/place now. as i stated above we would still love for you to join us even if you cant make the first meeting.

not Jake

JakeLovesLeslie
Established Member
We will be there FORE SHORE!!! (as of right now, i am not working sat night.) If we are gonna change the meeting place, can we move it to searcy so i dont have to drive far???

I'm just kidding guys, and Matt was just makin a suggestion. It would be fun to go back there b4 the mustang is gone forever. But it wouldn't be a good place to go and actually pay attention to talking about a club (i would be interested in what i was running and what yall were running too much to talk about a car club)

Hope to see everyone there Saturday!!!!!!!!!

Jaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaake and Leslie

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
hey everyone i am not sure but think i heard them say on the radio today that they are going to be having some kind of used car sale in the parking lot up there. if so we may be in the old best buy parking lot or something. we will be out there somewhere at least. so if you dont see us right off then look around, we will be grouped together somewhere on that big ass parking lot if not at the very front (usual spot)!

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
Ok good news....No work this weekend....
Ok bad news...No Z28 as of yet...still looking but the one she wanted they were being dicks about the price so we told them to keep it....So it look like we are in the farm truck for another weekend.....Damn now I need to give it a bath.....I told Derreck about this weekend....He said to call him and reminde him sat....He is busy with the car show....

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
I never really intended to bring up this subject, but since it was briefly addressed in this thread already, I guess it's as good a place as any. I'd say the way 99% of the arkansas threads deteriorate here is the reason I stay out of the various events you guys get involved in. I left high school quite a long time ago, and don't have much interest in going back. I'm hoping gatherings in person are a bit different than what people see on here.

That being the case, I may try and make it out to this gathering on Saturday, since I've really had very little opportunity to meet you guys in person except briefly at an autocross. I'd rather not form opinions based on what I read on here, if at all possible. I can tell you up front though, you'll run off quite a lot of interest in this club if some level of maturity isn't obtained, and maintained. Otherwise you'll simply become another group of annoying kids hanging out in a parkinglot somewhere.

Perhaps that doesn't matter to you, I don't know. Maybe you don't want a large group of people, or perhaps you only have a certain type of person in mind for the club, all of which is valid. Nothing wrong with knowing what you're aiming for. However, if you DO want to reach a larger group, you may want to put some thought into what these various threads tell others about yourselves...accurate or not.

I am hoping you do not take my words as a personal attack on anyone. It's not intended as such. I'm not saying you are any of the things I've described thusfar. Just pointing out my hopes that things don't lean that direction. As I've stated already, I don't know you guys other than what I've seen on here, so it's certainly out of place for me to form any opinions as of yet. That's why I'm thinking of dropping by this Saturday. That way I can get a better feel for who you guys are, and what you're actually trying to achieve for this club. I'll do my best to make it out. See you there.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread