Arkansas Car Club

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
That's Awesome

Lethaln Chem, said it all, Thats what i've been wanting to hear. It's better judge( if judge at all) a person face to face. other than what you see on a computer. I hope everyone comes out and voices their opinion cause everyone should have one. I really want to come but the drags with your dad you can't beat it, espically at 1100hp to the ground your driving. Everyone be safe and thoughtful. jake loves me, and the chicken. :banana:

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Thanks Lethal. That was very well said, and I couldn't agree more. It seems that things on the threads have been deteriorating very fast here lately. I think a lot of this is due to the fact that it is hard to read feelings through words alone. I think a lot of stuff gets taken out of context and does appear to others as a personal attack, or an attack of character. This probably being caused because, when written in black and white, you can't hear the tone in a persons voice, you can't see the expression on their face, and you can't read their body language. All this is key in determining whether sarcasim is directed towards good humor, or bad attitude.

Having said all that, I will now say that things usually go excellent when we gather as a group. I have had many many many great times out to eat with friends, out to the races with friends, or even hanging out at friends houses. I feel that I have met many great pepole from the forums that I would have never had the opportunity to meet otherwise, and have benefited greatly from knowing them. I also feel that there are a lot of other people out there in the background that would be fun to be associated with too that I haven't met yet. I can only hope that my circle of friends can continue to grow. One can never have too many friends.

As far as the club goes.....I like the idea. I think it could be a really good thing. I also think that it could be a catastrophy (sp) if not handled properly. Lethal brings up a good point. We must present ourselves to the outside in a proper manner and let everyone relize who we are, and what we have to offer as a group. This past thread has had some good points in it, and it has also had some meaningless dribble blended in the mix as well. I myself will be the first to say that I contribute meaningless dribble on occasion. We have many people who are very intelligent, logical, and responsible, and then there are a few who want to create screen names just to stir drama on the board. Congratulations to you, mission accomplished. As you can see, it worked in previous threads. I can say from my end of things that I don't feel it will be tollerated much more. We can't make you leave an establishment, but we can do all within our powers to make you feel unwelcome when you contribute that kind of behavior. (and rest assured, you will be made to feel unwelcome if it comes back up) If you ahve something positive to contribute, then by all means bring it to the table. I would like for everyone to make sure that we can handle the task of organizing such a group or club. I know that if there is going to be drama, and fighting within the group, it is going to be mostly at the beginning. I also know that if that drama is going to be on such a level that it will destroy the friendships that we have built up, then I will be the first to back out of any such thing. I feel that we can benefit more from being friends and hanging out as we have in the past, then we can by being a "club" and bickering and fighting within that club. Lethal, I would be glad to have you come out with us Saturday evening. Give us a chance to prove to you that we are a great crowd to hang out with. I think that if you have a good sense of humor and enjoy modded cars, that you would enjoy it. Hope to see you there, and thanks again for your .02.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Matt, I didn't mean to be rude in my comment. I guess I was trying to say what Travis was. But we're not tool bags that merely sit our asses, eating and talking about cars. We haven't even got this thing off the ground and you're telling us that's what we are. The reason you don't know anything about us is because you never kick it with us, which would be awesome it if it changed... then you'd know that all we do is eat food while we're driving in pitiful attempts to get attention.

If you go to Centerville, have fun and be safe. And as Travis said, we'd like for you to be involved with this thing, you have a badass truck!

:thumbsup:

Torched_03

Stock!
Established Member
I think I am going down town tonight to the rivermarket.....for some adult beverages....If anybody wants to meet us down there call....501 590 4383

svtexcelr8

Patiently Waiting
Established Member
damn i cant wait to see the lightbar! 7:30 tomorrow is when it all goes down...all are welcome and bring friends if they are interested in joining up. i know that sometimes on our cruises we get new people that havent rolled with us before, so i have high hopes that we will see a few new faces tomorrow as well. and if you cant make it tomorrow, dont worry about it. yes this meeting is going to be a crucial one, but only in the way of getting all or most of the major issues and decisions done and decided. name of the club is going to be decided tomorrow, requirements, leadership, and so on.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Lethal, you're an awesome guy with awesome cars, and also an excellent driver. Yeah we do tend to bend over backwards just to throw as much humor into the mix as possible, but as Christian said, we also have a serious side that does need recognition. I really do think that you should come out Saturday. Our meeting is primarily to get our ideas off the ground, and the humor will be saved for afterwards, when we realize that we're too immature to eat a salad without making one comment. Hehe j/k...

But I think we're gonna make it. Travis and Christian undoubtedly know the potential of this group, and they'll definitely make a great backbone to whatever we accomplish.

And yes, thanks for your .02.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
svtexcelr8 said:
damn i cant wait to see the lightbar! 7:30 tomorrow is when it all goes down...all are welcome and bring friends if they are interested in joining up. i know that sometimes on our cruises we get new people that havent rolled with us before, so i have high hopes that we will see a few new faces tomorrow as well. and if you cant make it tomorrow, dont worry about it. yes this meeting is going to be a crucial one, but only in the way of getting all or most of the major issues and decisions done and decided. name of the club is going to be decided tomorrow, requirements, leadership, and so on.

Let's do the dang thang! :beer:

Lethalchem

Sigmund Frod
Established Member
Well, first off, I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression. I'm not here to tell anyone how to behave. I'm a big believer in letting people do their own thing. Also, I'm the last guy who's got any right to be judging anyone else, as I'm far from perfect. I'm simply of the opinion there's a time and a place for everything.

I don't expect anyone to do or be anything they're not, I'm simply going on Saturday to see if this is the kind of thing I want to be involved in. Different strokes for different folks. I certainly don't expect to fit into everything, and I'm not here to criticize others. My purpose is to get to know some of you guys, and see if it's something I feel like I can contribute to. If I fit in, great, if not, I have a sneaking suspicion you guys will get along just fine without me. :beer:

Red35thGT

who cares?
Established Member
Lethalchem said:
Well, first off, I don't want anyone to get the wrong impression. I'm not here to tell anyone how to behave. I'm a big believer in letting people do their own thing. Also, I'm the last guy who's got any right to be judging anyone else, as I'm far from perfect. I'm simply of the opinion there's a time and a place for everything.

I don't expect anyone to do or be anything they're not, I'm simply going on Saturday to see if this is the kind of thing I want to be involved in. Different strokes for different folks. I certainly don't expect to fit into everything, and I'm not here to criticize others. My purpose is to get to know some of you guys, and see if it's something I feel like I can contribute to. If I fit in, great, if not, I have a sneaking suspicion you guys will get along just fine without me. :beer:

Decisions and opinions well respected.

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
Lethalchem said:

I can't tell the future, but it seems that you're the perfect type for what we're trying to establish. You seem like a well-rounded person. We need a good foundation so things can stay as smooth as possible. If you have any suggestions to bring to the table Saturday, please do. And if you know anyone else that would be interested, bring them, too.

I think we're going to have fun with this idea. I want us to go above and beyond what we're trying to achieve with this club. I'd love to have t-shirts as well as a badass website, with pics galore. I want us to be respected locally and be well-known for our organization and dedication. We need to stay active, get our name out there by helping the community and showing up at events, grabbing sponsors, and attending all the car shows we can, as well as the drag strip.

Many things to talk about Saturday! If any of you guys have friends that you feel would be dedicated enough and would be interested in being a part of the club, give them a call today and let them know about tomorrow. I don't know about you guys, but I've gone through my phone book and found quite a few people that would more than likely love to join.

Who's gonna be out tonight? :burnout:

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
Kiss and Make Up

okay everyone has said their thanks and kissed, so lets talk racing, or about cruises, something. Hey my brother's 96 Gt has a cracked intake, and putting water ontop of number four spark plug making it miss, that's why his times at the track aren't any good. But shortly he'll be back in the group, he also got a SCT Excailabir 2, to tune his car with, so every little bit helps. Well i found out that i've got belot slip(Duh). I pulled then the pulley cover off and black dust went everwhere. So i'm fixing to get a Goodyear Gatorback belt to get my HP back to the wheels.

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
a Good race.

Lethal Chem, if you don't mind telling what mods you have? I think your cobra and my car would be a close, good, race. I only have a few mods. 2.8 pulley, hypertech2 <<< it came with the car. And a full SLP Exhuast System, I even have the air silencer still in. have you seen the video where i raced a 05 auto vette? I won both times by at least three car lenghts it was my first vette kill. to see the video, go to the (Ark crusie july 23), page 8 or 9, posts by JDrake19. And you can see jakes and christains race it was bumper to bumper. the best street race yet.

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
Christian, I didnt know you could form sentences, let alone coherent, fact-filled paragraphs. Well done my friend. :loser: :-D

Caleb, look for my truck tomorrow night, and come holler at me. I would look for you, but it will prob be easier for you to find me, since I dont even know if your car will be there. I would love to take a look at the beast you guys are driving, and talk to you and make sure we have the bugs worked out on the converter install Cheyenne talked about earlier.

Everyone else rock on :rockon: with your car club discussion. Hope it gets off the ground well, and Jason, I hope you find someone to fit in with, I know the guys that I have, and will continue to hang out with are cool, even they are tool bags

03WetSnake

All Or Nothing!!!
Established Member
yep

I'll be ther for sure and I'll find ya. I'm going to run my cobra, but with very bald tires ,and belt slip i'm not expecting to much, but in a week or so i'm getting some mickey thompson st ets. but i'll also be driving the Giddyup as well you'll piss you pants for real. see you up there. caleb ooohhh we'll talk about the stall as well. c ya

AzianStang

Third Eye Slanted
Established Member
03WetSnake said:
I'll be ther for sure and I'll find ya. I'm going to run my cobra, but with very bald tires ,and belt slip i'm not expecting to much, but in a week or so i'm getting some mickey thompson st ets. but i'll also be driving the Giddyup as well you'll piss you pants for real. see you up there. caleb ooohhh we'll talk about the stall as well. c ya
Sucks that you guys won't be kicking it with us this weekend. Well there's another car show next weekend at Clear Channel, not as big as the one this weekend, but still a show. Hopefully we'll be cruising like crazy next weekend, and maybe even have another get together and talk about things. Have fun, and don't break anything in those SVTs! :poke:

BTW, I think all Fords should be able to come to an all Mustang show...

Last edited:

mhays26

Whats that sound?
Established Member
I will be trying out a new tune for a SCT MAF if I can get out to Benton to get it, or talk Robert or Shawn into bringing it to me. Shooting for something lower than a 10.28, thats the best in some severe heat.

Users who are viewing this thread