Armslist - Better Alternatives?

SID297

OWNER/ADMIN
Administrator
You're in SC?

www.carolinashootersclub.com I used to mod there until it was sold to a left coast media company a year ago. 20,000 members, and there is a tone of classified activity there. In fact, that's about all it is now. It's not nearly as closely moderated as it used to be, but better than armslist.

When it was sold, about 1500 of the top posters and moderators set up www.carolinafirearmsforum.com and there is an active classified section there now. It is more closely moderated

Do you know the name of the company that bought it?

nxhappy

Established Member
Disclaimer: This thread is not for actually selling firearms (forum rule), only to discuss legal means of doing so.

I've had around 10 firearms up on Armslist for several months and get nothing but drooling idiots trying to talk me down to practically giving the things away. It's worse than Craigslist. I'm thinning the collection down to just a few and trying to fund the '69 resto project at the same time.

Does anyone know of a better place to sell firearms to responsible new owners (legally of course)? I won't do flea-markets or gun shows.
gunbroker , end thread

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
I am enjoying this thread.

I am late to the game and only have 2 entry level guns and 1 I bought of armslist no issue. Sucks you arent having any luck down there with it.
Surprised no one has contacted you about shipping it to a dealer somewhere else.

Hopefully those other forums help ya out!

CV355

_
Established Member
I posted a bunch up on CSC as suggested- might do Gunbroker later today. The main thing is, I'm trying to sell them at a decent price and help fund the next project. I call it "fund recycling" and my wife doesn't seem to mind at all.

Everyone is always looking for a deal, and then when I go to sell something at a loss everyone scatters haha

As for people asking to ship, I do get requests for that. I start to steer away when they haggle on shipping prices and turn it into "you pay shipping." On a $1000+ deal, it's not a killer. When it's a $300 firearm, we're talking almost 20%... I also get a lot of flakes when I say I want a bill of sale signed by both parties.

Shifty Powers

The Shifty Mobile
Established Member
Ah. Yea i could see how that would get annoying and make you want to give that way of doing it up.

Hopefully you find some buyers!

Grabber

Yep...
Established Member
Interesting thread.

I have used Armslist twice. I sold my Beretta 96A1 that took about a few weeks to find a buyer. No problems.

I tried selling a brand new, never fired Mossberg 930 SPX Pistol Grip on Armslist with hundreds of rounds, couple of addons for well under retail. Nothing but scammers, low ballers and other retards.

If I decide to sell it again and find the right buyer I'll check out the sites listed in this thread.

OETKB

bad attitude
Established Member
I posted a bunch up on CSC as suggested-
... I also get a lot of flakes when I say I want a bill of sale signed by both parties.
I’ve moderated multiple debates on that forum on “whether to sign a BOS, or not”

Both sides of the argument are about evenly divided in terms of numbers of supporters and detractors, and both sides seem to feel equally strongly about it. As far as the law goes in the Carolinas, it is not required.

The most ardent 2a supporters will be the ones who are the most militant about not signing a BOS, but they arent flakes.

Users who are viewing this thread