army guys come in

FordSVTFan

Oh, the humanity of it all.
Established Member
Your ignorance about the military is really showing here. First off you say he doesnt have the balls to go out and get shot at? He's a Cav Scout, im guessing you dont know what that is. You might do some research, they get shot at just as much as infantry and are just as hard so yea. And Rifle badge? WTF? I'm guessing your talking about a CIB? Or marksmanship badge? Either way, I doubt you know what it takes to get your CIB, you cant just go out and decide to get that one day. Like Sprayed_Pony said once you get in things will change, you might be all hooah hooah highspeed now, just wait! Good luck to you though....:thumbsup:

:beer:

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
ha thanks. I hear ya. Im not real big with badges/info on them but I was told a combat badge was the badge that has the rifle on it? :shrug: thats what my recruiter says and he rocks the badge. I was also told in infantry you get to rock a blue ribbon around your armpit sleeve on your uniform. ( Like I said im not big with names/info ) its just what I hear from other sources. I do know what a calvery scout was. ( out around in vehicles and do more scope work before you dive right in, am I correct? ) My recruiter show'd me both vids as far as combat wise. I cant ****ing wait till I ship off. Im deff stoked to go. :rockon:

You're just going to have loads of f'ing fun, man. Have a good time, take pics.

Root1022

100 Shot, 1 Kill
Established Member
ha thanks. I hear ya. Im not real big with badges/info on them but I was told a combat badge was the badge that has the rifle on it? :shrug: thats what my recruiter says and he rocks the badge. I was also told in infantry you get to rock a blue ribbon around your armpit sleeve on your uniform. ( Like I said im not big with names/info ) its just what I hear from other sources. I do know what a calvery scout was. ( out around in vehicles and do more scope work before you dive right in, am I correct? ) My recruiter show'd me both vids as far as combat wise. I cant ****ing wait till I ship off. Im deff stoked to go. :rockon:

Yea the rifle badge is the CIB (Combat Infantry Badge) you can only get a CIB if your engaged by the enemy (IED/RPG/Shot at/Ect...) if you honestly want somebody shooting at you then something is wrong. I would love a CAB (Combat Action Badge) however I would rather not have one then to have my Humvee blown up...maybe im weird :shrug:. And yes being a 11B you will wear the blue sash/rope around your shoulder. And yes that what a cav scout is, they're a group that goes out and scouts the area before you, they are engaged and shot at just as much. In our BN in Iraq right now they're doing the same missions as out infantry platoons are. Anyways like I said goodluck and stay motivated in basic! :beer:

:thumbsup:

You're just going to have loads of f'ing fun, man. Have a good time, take pics.

Take pics of what? basic? Im hoping to god they dont let recruits take cameras with them through basic now?

Last edited:

THE_STIG

Established Member

Just remember, look where everyone else is shooting, try to aim in the same direction. :beer:

jking dude, good luck and stay safe once you are in.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
pony, in that 2nd pic. Is the weather really foggy like that? Looks like you cant even see 50 feet infront of you. neat shit

yes it gets like that, its miserable because your breathing in dust and the dust is hitting your face. Sometimes it gets to be an erie orange as well. Like its doomsday or some shit lol.

But yeah I promise your atitude towards combat will change. I dont personally speak from exp as I was only a 25B =P

ntuit1

Two Mystics
Established Member
Dude, you've got to do whatever makes you feel good at the end of the day. For some, it's a tanker, some it's a cook, either way, you're doing what most never do and that's serving your country. As for me, I chose the infantry and stayed 11 years and went to special forces for the remaining 12. No regrets.
My oldest son went infantry (82nd) with no influence from me (honest). Youngest son going in this year, too. His choice but he's leaning toward infantry.
Personally, I have more respect for the combat arms MOSs, especially the infantry. Rubber meets the road here. Army mission is to win the land battle and infantry is at the tip of the spear.
Best of luck and I believe you'll have the ultimate in job satisfaction. I did.

Duende

Thomas @ AppOSL.com
Established Member
Take pics of what? basic? Im hoping to god they dont let recruits take cameras with them through basic now?

Hell, I don't know, kid's so hooah I didn't want to piss on his parade and tell him he's going to be sucking serious ass here shortly. :-D

Matts00GT

Mongoloid Mike
Established Member
Armors cool. You get to fire huge guns, ride instead of walk, and still see action. The only downfall is when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. I heard that's a bitch.

But like some others have said, if you are only planning on 4 years, pick a field that will help you when you get out.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
Dude, you've got to do whatever makes you feel good at the end of the day. For some, it's a tanker, some it's a cook, either way, you're doing what most never do and that's serving your country. As for me, I chose the infantry and stayed 11 years and went to special forces for the remaining 12. No regrets.
My oldest son went infantry (82nd) with no influence from me (honest). Youngest son going in this year, too. His choice but he's leaning toward infantry.
Personally, I have more respect for the combat arms MOSs, especially the infantry. Rubber meets the road here. Army mission is to win the land battle and infantry is at the tip of the spear.
Best of luck and I believe you'll have the ultimate in job satisfaction. I did.

yes LOTS of respect to anyone in infantry. Crazy bastards =P

THE_STIG

Established Member
Matts00GT,

I just gotta say your sig .gif cracks me up everytime, ghost ride the humvee :lol:

NXSVTCOBRA

Armors cool. You get to fire huge guns, ride instead of walk, and still see action. The only downfall is when it comes to cleaning and maintenance. I heard that's a bitch.

But like some others have said, if you are only planning on 4 years, pick a field that will help you when you get out.

It's not that bad at all. It is ALWAYS a platoon effort, so it gets knocked out quick with minimal effort. As for weapons it's just like cleaning and servicing crew weapons in an infantry squad again not that bad.

Riddla

It's for your own protection
Established Member
Go big or go home

zio9s6.jpg

28mdcf8.gif

Last edited:

ntuit1

Two Mystics
Established Member
Nah, no group rivalrys. Where in Oregon are you? Roseburg here.

Users who are viewing this thread