Artical about my brother, I'm very proud of him

jerrad

RIP Gump
Established Member
That's great man. It won't be long and hell be running the whole thing. I bet those 30' were amazing.

ItsReal93

Established Member
Thank you! My wife has pancreatic that has spread to her lungs, liver and spleen. They gave her 5 to 8 months in Sept. of last year, but she is doing pretty good so hopefully we will get more time together.

Just keep fighting! You/we will win! :beer:

They told me a few years ago in October that I had until Christmas, so anything is possible. I believe in mind over matter. Keeping positive and setting goals/things to look forward to with my fiance like boating season, taking drives in the mustang, doing favorite activities together really help! You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Again if you ever need to talk or anything pm me!

Yes we will :):beer:

And congrats to your brother!! That is amazing.

Kenne Bell

Established Member
It was cool to watch him, knowing that they told him he would never do it! He did stumble about 3 feet from the finish. Man he was working. Very proud of him! Will power can do amazing things!

ChiSVT

SVT 4 Life
Established Member
It gave me chills to imagine what it be like stranded with injuries to that extent in conditions like that. Your brother has a ton of determination, both in surviving the accident and his will to recover and walk again. A lot of people would give up, great story! :beer:

Kenne Bell

Established Member
They told me a few years ago in October that I had until Christmas, so anything is possible. I believe in mind over matter. Keeping positive and setting goals/things to look forward to with my fiance like boating season, taking drives in the mustang, doing favorite activities together really help! You are both in my thoughts and prayers. Again if you ever need to talk or anything pm me!

Yes we will :):beer:

And congrats to your brother!! That is amazing.

Thanks! Are you still on chemo? I tell you that is almost worse then the cancer. It sure take's it out of my wife. We go on Fridays, it is about 4 hours, that is if the port hasn't clogged up. Then it really hits Sunday and Mondays they are just horrible for her. Then just about the time she is feeling better we are back of another round! This stuff sucks!

Slowtsi

Slow car driver
Established Member
Wow man, I don't post on here often, but what an inspiring story and spirit your brother has.. Hell I'm proud of him and I've never met him. Best wishes to you and your family

ItsReal93

Established Member
Thanks! Are you still on chemo? I tell you that is almost worse then the cancer. It sure take's it out of my wife. We go on Fridays, it is about 4 hours, that is if the port hasn't clogged up. Then it really hits Sunday and Mondays they are just horrible for her. Then just about the time she is feeling better we are back of another round! This stuff sucks!

Yes, I get chemo and radiation on mondays usually about 4-5 hours. The worst part for me is the needles they stick my spine and into the tumors with chemo. I'm pretty much in bed until Saturday, so Saturday and Sunday are our days to do things together, but it's exactly like you said, by the time I'm actually feeling better, I have to go back for another round and start all over. Seems like an endless cycle sometimes! It definitely sucks but I'm so glad it's me and not my fiance or anyone else I care about. I wouldn't wish this monster on anyone, that's for sure.

rust0r

Established Member
Amazing story, it's unreal the effort that individuals such as your brother put in when they have everything against them, super human. Congradulations to your brother for making such a turn around after a life altering accident. Surely he will run in time.

Kenne Bell

Established Member
Thanks, its been real encouraging for our family to see him be so strong. He has put more drive into my wife by accomplishing this, this is just good all around!!

Again, thank you everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread