Attn: Early built Cobra owners (pre 11/02)

v8pwr

Established Member
Scotts 03 COBRA said:
My car was Built 8/02 with 8k miles and no obvious tick----I was able to get both heads replaced back in April by Ford( Jan. 05 heads) I put 1k on my car since the install, no problems and heads seem quieter -----------Scott

So dealer replaced both heads even though you didn't have tick?

DitchTehFish

Established Member
FWIW, I have an 11/03 build date, and I developed the tick very early. Just goes to show, it's not just the early builds that have this problem. Both heads were replaced under warranty.

SVTBMG

Banned
Mine is an early 03 and i noticed it around 10k, had it replaced at 13k and have had more problems because it was changed. Should of let it be. My friend who works on them said it is really no big deal..it just sounds like it is.

Silver2003Cobra

US Navy (retired)
Established Member
no tick here, 2nd build run.. maybe it's because it's a tuesday built car.. (dosn't say when the engine was built though)...

SStupid

Established Member
Damn, I haven't been on this site in a while and you guys are still talking about the tick. I had it on my car and it was a first-run with the green antifreeze.

RDJ

ZERO shits given
Established Member
3700 miles on mine and ... well..... I don't know if I have a tick or not .... cause I have not heard it, driven it, or even phucing SEEN it yet at least in person Hahahahahahahahahahah

but my girl has not mentioned it so I am guessing I don't have it

mustangsally50

She Bites
Established Member
Built June '02 and NO ticking for me!! :banana:

I have 40K miles on the car now. It is weird how some have it and others do not.

CWCobra

Established Member
Took delivery June '02...no tick...38,000 miles...pulley/chip/intake/exhaust for past 35,000.
Runs perfectly. Great car. GREAT. Zero complaints.

CW

FireRed04Vert

Established Member
01cobravortech said:
No ticking head problem on my 01 Cobra born March 01, but I have a ringing cam chain problem that is apparently normal for our cars. Only hear this ringing (sounds like coins being slapped togther) when the car is idling.

Just as an FYI, the Mark VIII's had the same problem. They had to replace the chain tensioners to cure it.

Users who are viewing this thread