Established Member
NVWSSV said:
Here ya go Captain Beyond -

gold_star.gif

Thanks. :thumbsup:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Kenardo said:
Well, itn't it amazing what the little people will settle for. A screwed up ugly hood and a miniature name plate stuck on the far left. Shame that we have such low standards.
Of course we can always lift the hood and look at the pretty engine.

Are you referring to your Bullitt?

Last edited:

R1Lello

Established Member
HISSMAN said:
12.2 with DR's in stock trim with a pro behind the wheel. It is nearly mathemtically impossible for it to be any faster than that while stock.

:read: Really?? Ever watch the documentary on Bid Daddy Don Garlits???Did you know 25-30 years ago, it was said a car can not go faster than 200 mph in the 1/4 mile???? Well, geez, that was wrong wasn't it.

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
R1Lello said:
:read: Really?? Ever watch the documentary on Bid Daddy Don Garlits???Did you know 25-30 years ago, it was said a car can not go faster than 200 mph in the 1/4 mile???? Well, geez, that was wrong wasn't it.

Your comment is completely out of context, and silly at the least. I didn't say that it was impossible for a car to go into the 11's. I said that it is unlikely that the stock GT500 will go into the 11's.

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

HISSMAN said:
Nope, I would love nothing more than for it to be the baddest thing on the streets. But I have my doubts. And if it is everything that everyone is speculating that it will be, then I may have to park one next to the '04. But as I said, I have my doubts.
You must make craploads of money to be able to park an 07 Shelby next to your 04 Cobra. Either you have nothing better to do with your money or are in some serious debt. :shrug:

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
Just thought I'd bring a back a little peace, love and happiness.

tap_4_5.jpg

And Anna Kournikova.

8-anna-kournikova.jpg

Viperluke

Established Member
gonein60 said:
You must make craploads of money to be able to park an 07 Shelby next to your 04 Cobra. Either you have nothing better to do with your money or are in some serious debt. :shrug:
What could be better then using your money to buy badass cars :rockon:

mrGT

Established Member
NVWSSV,

Is that posting of Anna your way of offering an alternative ride?
If so, I wouldn't mind a test drive, but I doubt I could keep it between the ditches....or on the bed.

TORQUERULES

Established Member
RAZRS EDGE said:
Listen, the car will not run 11.99 with ANY TYPE OF TIRE. You have obviously no clue how much weight can have a factor on a car. Yeah its gonna have a solid rear a nice suspension but that doesn't mean its gonna cut less than a 1.60sec 60' out of the box(with street tires). Even with someone who can drive that car, which it will be over 4100lb @ race weight with driver(Coupe), putting down 430-440rwhp it wont reach it. Keep on dreaming man. Not trying to burst your bubble but dont get your hopes up. Cause its not going to happen.

Yes, I do. I own a heavy ass Lightning and a light-ass Mustang. So yea I know. I just think you guys are selling it short.

Like I said, a 4200lb + E55 AMG wagon can run a 12.2 with the high-brow magazine writers driving it. I really think with traction the GT 500 can run a high 11 (drag radials, etc.)

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
gonein60 said:

My financial situation is non of your business.

NVWSSV

Read It Upside Down
Established Member
mrGT said:
NVWSSV,

Is that posting of Anna your way of offering an alternative ride?
If so, I wouldn't mind a test drive, but I doubt I could keep it between the ditches....or on the bed.
Yep, but she only comes in one color - Sun Soaked Coppertone with Performance White Bra and Panty stripes :thumbsup:.

Milstang

Established Member
I really don't think anyone's financial status is anyone else's business but their own. If they can afford both good on them!!

Me, I will have a GT500 and a beater car.

:burnout:

jshen

Established Member
NVWSSV said:
Yep, but she only comes in one color - Sun Soaked Coppertone with Performance White Bra and Panty stripes :thumbsup:.

I want that model "striped down" for "better handling"

Jpjr

Established Member
i see the power/weight ratios, which look good. but doesn't that ratio inherently deteriorate in value once you start grossing up the numerator and the denominator?

for instance, if you put 3000 horsepower in a semi truck, it will have a similar power/weight ratio but is not really indicative of a true performance vehicle.

i've never argued that ford is going to give us the most powerful mustang ever. i just don't like the 'keep adding displacement to offset weight' approach. because of this constant gross up, a turbo/chassis modded '03 will always beat a Shelby because the denomiator is all of the sudden meaningless. the slimmer car will win...

mrGT

Established Member
On that stripped down Anna model, it says in the manual that you are should check the oil often to insure she keeps running good. Don't forget to wash and wax her often to keep that coppertone skin in good shape.

crazyhorse06

Established Member
Jpjr said:
i see the power/weight ratios, which look good. but doesn't that ratio inherently deteriorate in value once you start grossing up the numerator and the denominator?

for instance, if you put 3000 horsepower in a semi truck, it will have a similar power/weight ratio but is not really indicative of a true performance vehicle.

i've never argued that ford is going to give us the most powerful mustang ever. i just don't like the 'keep adding displacement to offset weight' approach. because of this constant gross up, a turbo/chassis modded '03 will always beat a Shelby because the denomiator is all of the sudden meaningless. the slimmer car will win...
Performance is not always about power/weight. It has more to do with the torque curve and where the horsepower peaks.

It is all bench racing until the cars are raced/dyno'd

Jpjr

Established Member
crazyhorse06 said:
Performance is not always about power/weight. It has more to do with the torque curve and where the horsepower peaks.

It is all bench racing until the cars are raced/dyno'd

you seem to be arguing that the weight/power ratio is not necessarily indicative of a car's true performance. i completely agree.

Users who are viewing this thread