ATTN GT500 Haters!

BADBOYSPACK

Ford Tech
Established Member
I wish I could afford the 45-50K price range of the new GT500, but with my 04 F150 super crew and the wifes 05' Ford Fivehundred and having just bought my 93 Cobra, also having the normal bills with 2 kids, I cant take on that kind of payment with the ones that I have. That being said, I will be happy to drive the customers GT500's when they come in for warranty work!

Last edited:

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Milstang said:
I really don't think anyone's financial status is anyone else's business but their own. If they can afford both good on them!!

Me, I will have a GT500 and a beater car.

:burnout:

I'll have a GT500 too and maybe I'll keep my Terminator as my beater car. :-D

Captain Beyond

Established Member
BADBOYSPACK said:
captain you suck, I wish I could keep my truck and get the new GT500

LOL
That's a beauty of a 93 Cobra that you have. I plan to add one to my stable.

Last edited:

Lord Warlock

Established Member
I'm not a hater, I love the looks of the shelby, just wish it wasn't priced outrageously. If they sell for 35k, I'll probably end up with one myself. As for performance of a stocker, expect mid to high 12s with a good driver, I wouldn't hold my breath for an 11 sec stocker, its not likely to happen. As far as potential, everything i've read says the 5.4 internals will be the same as the GT, only the block is different for cost savings. So it should be capable of holding over 600 hp with mods, but like any performance car rods can always go if there is a weak link, and there are always weak links in production motors. I got my 04 because I didn't want to wait a year or more before I got my next car, and didn't want to fight the rich kids paying out the nose for the newest toy off the showroom.

As for owning multiple high performance cars, whats the point of making the big bucks if you can't spend some of it on toys, after all, he who dies with the most toys wins. I'm not rich, (not poor either) and own 3 performance cars, the 04 terminator is a daily driver, a stealth turbo (modded to mid 11s) and a 69 Charger R/T. The wife drives a single car, a supercharged pontiac grand prix. I'll be waiting for the 08 to come out, and find one at msrp. I prefer the 05 looks externally, but like the 04 inside better, so there are pluses and minuses for each. The shelby is a sweet car, I severely doubt that the stripes from the factory will be vinyl, they were always painted on before, and painting on stripes doesn't cost that much if you do it before adding the clearcoat. Only takes about 1/2 a quart of paint, which is a pittance.

More power to ya. Looking forward to seeing a few on the road. Then I can decide if its worth getting a new daily driver or not.

Lord Warlock

mrGT

Established Member
Lord Warlock,

I got my 04 because I didn't want to wait a year or more before I got my next car, and didn't want to fight the rich kids paying out the nose for the newest toy off the showroom
I'm not rich, (not poor either) and own 3 performance cars, the 04 terminator is a daily driver, a stealth turbo (modded to mid 11s) and a 69 Charger R/T. The wife drives a single car, a supercharged pontiac grand prix
Just so you know, where I come from YOU ARE THE RICH KID!

gonein60

Banned
GT500 is awesome

Lord Warlock said:
I'm not a hater, I love the looks of the shelby, just wish it wasn't priced outrageously. If they sell for 35k, I'll probably end up with one myself. As for performance of a stocker, expect mid to high 12s with a good driver, I wouldn't hold my breath for an 11 sec stocker, its not likely to happen. As far as potential, everything i've read says the 5.4 internals will be the same as the GT, only the block is different for cost savings. So it should be capable of holding over 600 hp with mods, but like any performance car rods can always go if there is a weak link, and there are always weak links in production motors. I got my 04 because I didn't want to wait a year or more before I got my next car, and didn't want to fight the rich kids paying out the nose for the newest toy off the showroom.

As for owning multiple high performance cars, whats the point of making the big bucks if you can't spend some of it on toys, after all, he who dies with the most toys wins. I'm not rich, (not poor either) and own 3 performance cars, the 04 terminator is a daily driver, a stealth turbo (modded to mid 11s) and a 69 Charger R/T. The wife drives a single car, a supercharged pontiac grand prix. I'll be waiting for the 08 to come out, and find one at msrp. I prefer the 05 looks externally, but like the 04 inside better, so there are pluses and minuses for each. The shelby is a sweet car, I severely doubt that the stripes from the factory will be vinyl, they were always painted on before, and painting on stripes doesn't cost that much if you do it before adding the clearcoat. Only takes about 1/2 a quart of paint, which is a pittance.

More power to ya. Looking forward to seeing a few on the road. Then I can decide if its worth getting a new daily driver or not.

Lord Warlock
One bada#s car and one honda daily driver is enough for me, otherwise, I think you're wasting your money, but to each his own. Heck, I don't have time to drive multiple cars, I probably won't have a lot of time to drive the Shelby, except on the weekends.

As far as you not being rich and owning 3 musclecars,you're fulla cr#p, that is very well off to me.

Peace :coolman:

sn0man1

Established Member
figured I'd troll in.

Lord Warlock..... been awhile man, don't let those people tell you how rich you are. I remember the whole stealth debacle and am glad things are looking up for you. (yes I lurk here, haven't been on 3si in a while)

As for everyone else.... i think this car is sex on wheels, but is quite heavy. Since when did my 93 3000GT become the lightweight in a drag race?! :shrug: Personally I'd probably just take an 05 or 06 GT (spoiler deleted) and steal that gorgeous front end and ground effects. Then ditch the back seats, slap in some recaro's, and maybe some lighter wheels. Finally build up the engine and suspension, hoping to match a stock terminator's "supposed" high 300's HP rating.

It'd still have to be that white w/ blue painted on, but the offset snake in front would be a tri-color pony, and the sides would say 350 instead of 500... but everyone has their own dream. ;-) (before you flame me, yes your GT500 would still be quicker in the quarter by a few tenths)

later LWarlock

mrGT

Established Member
sn0man
Lord Warlock..... been awhile man, don't let those people tell you how rich you are.
Wasn't really attempting to tell him how rich he was, just that he was richer than me. As I've found out in life, "All things are relative" and "No matter what you think, there will always be someone that is worse off than you and someone better off than you." Rich is a relative matter.

Sorry if I came across as some kind of snob.

04svtdriver

I need another sports car
Established Member
aweome car but a lil much for this guy. If I could I would but I can't so I won't. I can still look though

crazyhorse06

Established Member
sn0man1 said:
As for everyone else.... i think this car is sex on wheels, but is quite heavy.
later LWarlock
Sex with the heavy ones can still be good sex. Admit it, you've all done it.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
mrGT said:
sn0man
Wasn't really attempting to tell him how rich he was, just that he was richer than me. As I've found out in life, "All things are relative" and "No matter what you think, there will always be someone that is worse off than you and someone better off than you." Rich is a relative matter.

Sorry if I came across as some kind of snob.

what is rich? is it money? is it life? dont ever judge riches by what someone has. i have seen family's with brand new cars a million dollar house in complete dept with no savings or retirement, and a family living in passed down 50 year old house with no mortgage, 2 20+ year old cars all the while having 10+ million in bank.

the gt500 is not about wealth or money. so stop comparing the two. :beer:

mrGT

Established Member
ON D BIT,

Please read my post again.....I think you'll find that what I said is more philosophical in nature than it is trying to "define" what makes someone rich or compare anybody. My last sentence sums it up for me 'RICH IS A RELATIVE MATTER". To the homeless man on the corner, there are a lot of rich people.....while to Bill Gates, there's not as many.

ps: It had nothing whatsoever to do with the GT500 or any car, for that matter.

EDIT: I should have added that I agree with you.....I know some families that have less in the way of physical assests than me, that are richer by far than I when it comes to life. RICH IS A RELATIVE MATTER, based on what you put as importance in your life.

Last edited:

HISSMAN

The Great Bearded One
Super Moderator
threabandonship.jpg

mrGT

Established Member
HISSMAN,

OK! I'm sorry I got off the subject of the thread.....I'll try my best to keep it on track.

THANKS for the reminder.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
mrGT said:
ON D BIT,

Please read my post again.....I think you'll find that what I said is more philosophical in nature than it is trying to "define" what makes someone rich or compare anybody. My last sentence sums it up for me 'RICH IS A RELATIVE MATTER". To the homeless man on the corner, there are a lot of rich people.....while to Bill Gates, there's not as many.

ps: It had nothing whatsoever to do with the GT500 or any car, for that matter.

EDIT: I should have added that I agree with you.....I know some families that have less in the way of physical assests than me, that are richer by far than I when it comes to life. RICH IS A RELATIVE MATTER, based on what you put as importance in your life.

i was just backing up your statement. it is relative, which i believe speaks for itself.

my main point was dont the gt500 for status or to show off ones wealth. and dont buy the gt500 just because of performance, or the potential for performance. :rockon:

Users who are viewing this thread