Audio headunit for 03?

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
Hey guys, I just purchased an 03 and before I got to drive it, I took it to a shop to have a few things fixed. Well while the car was setting outside the shop, a thief stole the little touch screen Bluetooth radio out of it, I think it was a Kenwood IIRC. The shop is going to pay for a new one of my choosing so I wanted to get yalls opinion on which brand and what size fits in that little cubby hole, thanks!

01yellercobra

Established Member
Any double din will work. Your best bet is to look on Crutchfield and see what catches your eye.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
I have an alpine ilx-w650 in 2 vehicles and happy with it but just now looking seems the price has jumped quite a bit from pre Covid.

Agreed with looking on crutch field, I’ve had good luck on their open boxes

Ls1z28-00

Established Member
Thanks for the link and opinions everyone! I found a 6.75" Kenwood Android auto/ Car play. It was around $380 and it said it would fit the Mach 460 system in a 03 mustang. I'm thinking that was about what was in it, don't want to gouge the guy too bad since all he was doing was flushing the coolant on it!

GoGreen04

Established Member
double dins are so hard to find with the chip shortage. I suggest finding one that fits the features you are looking for and go with it. I ordered this one last year, haven't had it installed yet but looks nice.

HudsonFalcon

Established Member
Any double din will do. There’s plenty of deals to be had on eBay or FB marketplace.

Or you could go bigger like I did.

B0E421BB-F506-463F-B573-85A4051A2D68.jpeg

VenomousDSG

Get ready to fly!
Established Member
Can believe it's been 6 years since i did mine, but i threw in a Pioneer. Process was very easy and strait forward. Been a great unit too.

Message_1467053437515.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread