Auto / Eaton goes 10.52@130!!!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Thanks! How hard was it to fab one up? Cost of material? That sounds like it can definitely be useful off of the nose of the Cobra. :banana:

Sorry for the thread jacking, yet again. LOL

Pretty easy for what I did. Just a flat piece of .063 aluminum, cut some slots to hold the H/E and bolted it in. The Steeda ones are actually an aluminum bumper support. Very nice pieces, but I'm always on a budget. Lol.

KenCobra03

Factory Rated 390 HP, much more now
Established Member
Congrat's Jake ! I would like to see you and mjchip run together.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
razor's edge is where I got the bumpers from I think...about 16#s each i think it was.

and the door beams are pretty permanant...you take the interior off the door..and there is a nice 1.5" or so round beam for support in the door. both of them was only 16#s but like Larry said...every little bit counts. Id say not to do it if you are a DD car or have no cage. it IS side impact bracing....

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
razor's edge is where I got the bumpers from I think...about 16#s each i think it was.

and the door beams are pretty permanant...you take the interior off the door..and there is a nice 1.5" or so round beam for support in the door. both of them was only 16#s but like Larry said...every little bit counts. Id say not to do it if you are a DD car or have no cage. it IS side impact bracing....

What did you use to cut them out Jake?

Rice Eatr

Established Member
Pretty easy for what I did. Just a flat piece of .063 aluminum, cut some slots to hold the H/E and bolted it in. The Steeda ones are actually an aluminum bumper support. Very nice pieces, but I'm always on a budget. Lol.

Larry, does the front fascia sag w/o a bumper? Also, does it flex when you are coming down the big end? I would think w/o no back support the bumper cover would want to flex at higher speeds.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Larry, does the front fascia sag w/o a bumper? Also, does it flex when you are coming down the big end? I would think w/o no back support the bumper cover would want to flex at higher speeds.

No and no. My car ain't fast enough for it to flex. Lol. I have see pics before of that happening, but it was on cars that were probably trapping 170 or better. You could always bend up a piece of tubular stock to support the bumper cover.

Users who are viewing this thread