Auto / Eaton goes 10.52@130!!!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
You guys make my weight reduction look silly.

Would you guys mind sharing the weight reduction knowledge with me please? I'd love to shed some more weight where I can afford to. :beer:

lets see....

aluminum front and rear bumpers
tubular front end
coil overs up front
no a/c
no abs module (i have no abs anyways so was useless)
battery in trunk
lightweight upr control arms
weld pro star wheels
rear seat delete
no door beams (15#s total..eh)
passenger seat removed (i still have heavy ass Recaro's

i have an 8 point cage w/ through the floor sub frames
n2o setup, bottle alone is 30#s full

at MIR my car was 3505.....my track scale up here says 3450 w/ me in it

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
lets see....

tubular front end
coil overs up front

no a/c
battery in trunk
weld pro star wheels
rear seat delete
passenger seat removed (Corbeau Microsuede TRS 26lbs. with brackets)

I've put in bold that in which I've already done. Is this everything in which you've got done?

How much are aluminum front and rear bumpers? How much weight does that save?

I need to keep the A/C for the Icey Reservoir that I'm getting from Tru Forged and the ABS is staying too just in case.

I'm in the process of getting bigs and littles. I'm going with the Weld Magnum 2.0's with Mickey Thompson ET Streets.

I'm sorry for hijacking the thread!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I've put in bold that in which I've already done. Is this everything in which you've got done?

How much are aluminum front and rear bumpers? How much weight does that save?

I need to keep the A/C for the Icey Reservoir that I'm getting from Tru Forged and the ABS is staying too just in case.

I'm in the process of getting bigs and littles. I'm going with the Weld Magnum 2.0's with Mickey Thompson ET Streets.

I'm sorry for hijacking the thread!

no problem.....yea thats all I can think of I have done...

the alum bumpers were about 16-17#s each if I remember right.

I might try a front brake kit this winter and see what happens...should be 20-25lbs off the fron I think

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
no problem.....yea thats all I can think of I have done...

the alum bumpers were about 16-17#s each if I remember right.

I might try a front brake kit this winter and see what happens...should be 20-25lbs off the fron I think

That's another 35lbs. in the bumpers that I can afford to lose. Another 15lbs. in door beams. There's 50lbs.

Lets see... The Weld Magnum 2.0's weigh 11lbs. and 9lbs. with the 28" tall M/T ET Street's weighing in at 24lbs. and 20lbs. so that's another 50lbs. in rear wheels/tires and 62lbs. in front wheels/tires. That's a total of 112lbs. shed off in wheels/tires.

162lbs. isn't too shabby on top of my current weight reduction. :-D

What else can I afford to lose. LOL

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
That's another 35lbs. in the bumpers that I can afford to lose. Another 15lbs. in door beams. There's 50lbs.

Lets see... The Weld Magnum 2.0's weigh 11lbs. and 9lbs. with the 28" tall M/T ET Street's weighing in at 24lbs. and 20lbs. so that's another 50lbs. in rear wheels/tires and 62lbs. in front wheels/tires. That's a total of 112lbs. shed off in wheels/tires.

162lbs. isn't too shabby on top of my current weight reduction. :-D

What else can I afford to lose. LOL

I did have dumps on the car...I know larry does..but I prefer the look and sound of the tailpipes. that was 20lbs. one time this year with dumps...bottle out...and under 1/4 tank of gas the scale up here said 3380. its all the small things that add up

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
I did have dumps on the car...I know larry does..but I prefer the look and sound of the tailpipes. that was 20lbs. one time this year with dumps...bottle out...and under 1/4 tank of gas the scale up here said 3380. its all the small things that add up

I've got dumps as well. They dump right after the Magnapacks and before the SRA.

Maybe my weight reduction is up to par after all? :D

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I've got dumps as well. They dump right after the Magnapacks and before the SRA.

Maybe my weight reduction is up to par after all? :D

yea sounds pretty good!!!

lets see what Larry says....i think he has a couple more little things besides the alum block

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
I've been considering a dump setup for track only use. Did you guys have these custom made or does someone actually manufacture these for our cars?

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
+ anything that is rotational weight like wheels and race brakes is almost like double the weight the way it affects et/mph. My catback actuall goes over the axle, I just removed the tailpipe portion because it rubbed when I had some 325's on it. It's actually quieter in the car without the tailpipes(weird).

Here is my weight reduction.
No front bumper(made an aluminum mount for the h/e)
Lightweight dynabatt battery
UPR tubular k-member, a-arms and coilovers
aluminum block
airbag delete and lighter steering wheel
Corbeau Forza II race seats and rear seat delete
insulation removed from under carpet
rear seatbelts removed
sparetire/jack and trunk carpet removed
bracing behind rear quarters right behind rear tires removed
dogbone off rearend
irs to solid swap
amprack removed, but will be going back in relocated(had to move for rollbar)
UPR tubular rear suspension
Bogart fats and skinnies w/et drags and et fronts

Added weight back in with Wolf Racecraft chromoly rollbar and 6pt saftey harness. Last raceweight was 3320. That was with 1/4 tank of gas and me in the car.

Jake, I didn't know you took your AC out. How much was that worth? I don't know if I'll do that though living down here in the deep south. Summer can be brutal.

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Im thinking single for weight, less complex and price. There are alot of twins out there now making some pretty big numbers but its another $4k and Im sure thw weight is significant. Plus what am I gonna do with 900rwhp?? I seriously doubt in the next 5 years Im going to make that car legal for 8s. Hell I dont even know if I want to add the dash bars!!! but a single at 17psi is going to net me similar power to my n2o setup from what Ive seen thats a 9.9 pass all day long..maybe more who knows. I still want to keep it on the street too.

What are you gonna do with 900hp? Haul Azzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I know what you're saying though. You can only use so much on the street.

Mine has all the cage it's gettin(At least I say that now. lol). I can get away with alot down here, but I may have to eventually add it if I want to run in "true street".

NV2L8ULUZ

Established Member
Good work on the motor!!! Keep workin' it man, get some new coils on 'er, you'll get there!

Last edited:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
lets see....

tubular front end
coil overs up front
no a/c
battery in trunk
weld pro star wheels
rear seat delete
passenger seat removed (i still have heavy ass Recaro's

+ anything that is rotational weight like wheels and race brakes is almost like double the weight the way it affects et/mph. My catback actuall goes over the axle, I just removed the tailpipe portion because it rubbed when I had some 325's on it. It's actually quieter in the car without the tailpipes(weird).

Here is my weight reduction.
No front bumper(made an aluminum mount for the h/e)
Lightweight dynabatt battery
UPR tubular k-member, a-arms and coilovers
aluminum block
airbag delete and lighter steering wheel
Corbeau Forza II race seats and rear seat delete
insulation removed from under carpet
rear seatbelts removed
sparetire/jack and trunk carpet removed
bracing behind rear quarters right behind rear tires removed
dogbone off rearend
irs to solid swap
amprack removed, but will be going back in relocated(had to move for rollbar)
UPR tubular rear suspension
Bogart fats and skinnies w/et drags and et fronts

Added weight back in with Wolf Racecraft chromoly rollbar and 6pt saftey harness. Last raceweight was 3320. That was with 1/4 tank of gas and me in the car.

Jake, I didn't know you took your AC out. How much was that worth? I don't know if I'll do that though living down here in the deep south. Summer can be brutal.

Very nice! Here's my setup (minus the bigs and littles because I'm attempting to get them now).

8.8 Solid Swap [-155.0 lbs.]
Maximum Motorsporst Coilovers [Front] [-6.4 lbs.]
Maximum Motorsporst Coilovers [Rear] [-6.8 lbs.]
Mott Bar [-7.8 lbs.]
MAC Long Tube Headers With The Off Road X-Pipe [-10.0 lbs.]
Dumps [-18.3 lbs.]
PSR Tubular K-Member [-45.0 lbs.]
PSR Tubular A-Arms [-18.5 lbs.]
Spare Tire [-26.4 lbs.]
Jack/Crow Bar [-6.6 lbs.]
Trunk Pad [-6.0 lbs.]
Trunk Lining/Casing [-8.5lbs.]
Microsuede Corbeau TRS Seats [Driver] [-27.3 lbs.]
Microsuede Corbeau TRS Seats [Passenger] [-18.5 lbs.]
Rear Seat Delete [-38.2 lbs.]
Rear Seat Belts [-9.8lbs.]
Pulley Guard [-2.0 lbs.]
Weld Magnum 2.0's/Mickey Thompson Sportsman Front [Front] [-50.0 lbs.]
Weld Magnum 2.0's/Mickey Thompson ET Streets [Rear] [-62.0 lbs.]

Total [-523.1 lbs.]

3650lbs. - 523.1lbs. = 3,126.9lbs. + 190lbs. (me) = 3,316.9lbs.

I'd love to do a Teksid aluminum block! That would help a lot with weight transfer! :rockon:

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
Very nice! Here's my setup (minus the bigs and littles because I'm attempting to get them now).

8.8 Solid Swap [-155.0 lbs.]
Maximum Motorsporst Coilovers [Front] [-6.4 lbs.]
Maximum Motorsporst Coilovers [Rear] [-6.8 lbs.]
Mott Bar [-7.8 lbs.]
MAC Long Tube Headers With The Off Road X-Pipe [-10.0 lbs.]
Dumps [-18.3 lbs.]
PSR Tubular K-Member [-45.0 lbs.]
PSR Tubular A-Arms [-18.5 lbs.]
Spare Tire [-26.4 lbs.]
Jack/Crow Bar [-6.6 lbs.]
Trunk Pad [-6.0 lbs.]
Trunk Lining/Casing [-8.5lbs.]
Microsuede Corbeau TRS Seats [Driver] [-27.3 lbs.]
Microsuede Corbeau TRS Seats [Passenger] [-18.5 lbs.]
Rear Seat Delete [-38.2 lbs.]
Rear Seat Belts [-9.8lbs.]
Pulley Guard [-2.0 lbs.]
Weld Magnum 2.0's/Mickey Thompson Sportsman Front [Front] [-50.0 lbs.]
Weld Magnum 2.0's/Mickey Thompson ET Streets [Rear] [-62.0 lbs.]

Total [-523.1 lbs.]

3650lbs. - 523.1lbs. = 3,126.9lbs. + 190lbs. (me) = 3,316.9lbs.

I'd love to do a Teksid aluminum block! That would help a lot with weight transfer! :rockon:

Look Jake, he's lighter than me. Now y'all can pick on someone else. Lol.:rolling:

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member
Look Jake, he's lighter than me. Now y'all can pick on someone else. Lol.:rolling:

I failed... I forgot to add the weight of the Maximum Motorsports 6 Point Roll Bar. That's 75lbs.! :bash:

So the estimated total is now 3,391.9lbs. with me in it. :cryying:

I want to weigh 3,200lbs. with me in it. Now that's nice. :-D

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I failed... I forgot to add the weight of the Maximum Motorsports 6 Point Roll Bar. That's 75lbs.! :bash:

So the estimated total is now 3,391.9lbs. with me in it. :cryying:

I want to weigh 3,200lbs. with me in it. Now that's nice. :-D

Damn, back to pickin on me for being the light one. Lol. I'd like to be 3200 as well. Let's see, I could do off road pipes, race brakes, remove door braces, aluminum rear bumper, remove abs. That would probably get me close. I almost forgot, carbon fiber hood.

Last edited:

BADASS03SVT

Established Member

yeap..its been out all this year....didnt notice any diff on the dyno but it shaved some front end weight and lets all the air to the radiator. I think I used the a/c once or twice and it was EMPTY when i tried to empty it out. id rather have the windows open. anything over 90-95 Im not taking the car out anyways

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
How much did it weigh? I always ride windows down too and I don't go out alot in it when it's scorchin hot, but I do occasionally. I think I used my ac twice this year. Once at a streetire race just to show off, so they could see the water trail after I got to the track. Lol. Every other supposed "streetcar" there came on a trailor(mostly racecars on streetires) and I was the only one who drove there. Then I drove home with the trophy and $500.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
How much did it weigh? I always ride windows down too and I don't go out alot in it when it's scorchin hot, but I do occasionally. I think I used my ac twice this year. Once at a streetire race just to show off, so they could see the water trail after I got to the track. Lol. Every other supposed "streetcar" there came on a trailor(mostly racecars on streetires) and I was the only one who drove there. Then I drove home with the trophy and $500.

dont remember...but not alot...i took out the condenser, pump and all lines to the firewall. i wanna say 20lbs.

03 TOPLESSSVT

Established Member
Congrats Jake! Thats one fast eaton car fo sure. I sold the Whippled Sonic car yesterday to another member here on the boards from PA. So I am planning on going the 10 sec Eaton route. You guys all got me excited about it at MIR! So now the search for a replacement is on. Thinking a Comp O car! Good luck at Cecil!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Congrats Jake! Thats one fast eaton car fo sure. I sold the Whippled Sonic car yesterday to another member here on the boards from PA. So I am planning on going the 10 sec Eaton route. You guys all got me excited about it at MIR! So now the search for a replacement is on. Thinking a Comp O car! Good luck at Cecil!

what?!?!!? why?? that car was NIIIIICE!!!

Users who are viewing this thread