Auto / Eaton goes 10.52@130!!!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
had an ok day today at the track...ran new bests 2 passes in a row but also foun dout i have a bad coil...so ordering 8 new ones tomorrow morning.

anyways...was chilly up in New Hampshire today!!! temp was only 45 and the DA was -400 feet. I didnt have high expectations for the track. went anyways. all motor passes...no nitrous as on my 4th pass she broke up again and again on the 5th pass. then packed it up and came home. anyways..here are the slips

off the trailer..

[email protected]
[email protected]

[email protected]
[email protected] and I screwed this pass up...a lil bit...but it wasnt perfect

1.53 - booo!!!
[email protected]
[email protected]

started to warm the bottle which was tkaing FOREVER so decided to make one more motor pass....then the fun began...

1.49 and the car broke up at the top of first gear....got back to the trailer and pulled the plugs...fine...closed the gap to .028 and tried again

[email protected]
and about 100 feet before the traps car fell on its face...
10.60@124

decided no n2o today and packed it up. put a scan tool on the car and have 2 stored codes for the ignition coils....looks like Im ordering them in the AM to prep for the last street night up here in New England and my rental down south in a few weeks. it SO would have run a 9 today...blah!!!

129saleen

Saleen poster
Established Member
Very nice times :beer:

Booing at the 1.53 60ft made me lol :poke: I can't get below 1.7 haha:nonono:

Posi

Had a blast.
Established Member
Congrats Jake and we'll be waiting for the new record lol. Larry this make you want to keep the ole Eaton on there a while longer?

IronTerp

Mid-Atlantic Cobra Assoc.
Great job Jake!!!!

Congrats Jake and we'll be waiting for the new record lol. Larry this make you want to keep the ole Eaton on there a while longer?
+1!!!! What you got Larry??? Only a couple more shots to broaden the gap before "Mammoth Time"!!!

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
Great job Jake!!!!

+1!!!! What you got Larry??? Only a couple more shots to broaden the gap before "Mammoth Time"!!!

thanks Dwight....does this make me the fastest "stock motor" car?

all I have left is tomorrow night up here in New England then the track is closed.....and I have the rental down in Cecil on the 15th...thats it for me until april!!!

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
thanks Dwight....does this make me the fastest "stock motor" car?

all I have left is tomorrow night up here in New England then the track is closed.....and I have the rental down in Cecil on the 15th...thats it for me until april!!!
I wish mine still had the factory motor. It made more power.

No it doesn't make me want to keep the eaton on longer at all. I can't believe I held out this long. Records are meant to be broken and I can't think of a better person to break it. I will be at the track a couple more times before the KB goes on though.

ZOSO

colorados baddest eaton
Established Member
thats weak. lol Just kidding. Congrats man thats killer for the puny eaton.

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I wish mine still had the factory motor. It made more power.

No it doesn't make me want to keep the eaton on longer at all. I can't believe I held out this long. Records are meant to be broken and I can't think of a better person to break it. I will be at the track a couple more times before the KB goes on though.

I need to find 180lbs to remove is what I need to do to get to your weight!!!!

still not sure where 100 of it is....80 in the block....and everything else is almost the same i think. hell I have no door bars and no bumpers too!!!

Im sure youll go faster in the next few weeks...which is ok...gives me something to work on...especially if I cant scrape up cash this off season for blower/turbo

F8LSNAKE

Established Member
I need to find 180lbs to remove is what I need to do to get to your weight!!!!

still not sure where 100 of it is....80 in the block....and everything else is almost the same i think. hell I have no door bars and no bumpers too!!!

Im sure youll go faster in the next few weeks...which is ok...gives me something to work on...especially if I cant scrape up cash this off season for blower/turbo

I don't have a front bumper, but still have the rear and the door bracing. I think you have a little more cage than me too.

Are you thinking about a twin kit or a single if you go turbo?

BADASS03SVT

Established Member
I don't have a front bumper, but still have the rear and the door bracing. I think you have a little more cage than me too.

Im thinking single for weight, less complex and price. There are alot of twins out there now making some pretty big numbers but its another $4k and Im sure thw weight is significant. Plus what am I gonna do with 900rwhp?? I seriously doubt in the next 5 years Im going to make that car legal for 8s. Hell I dont even know if I want to add the dash bars!!! but a single at 17psi is going to net me similar power to my n2o setup from what Ive seen thats a 9.9 pass all day long..maybe more who knows. I still want to keep it on the street too.

SIr RicCuS

Orange County Horsepower
Established Member

You guys make my weight reduction look silly.

Would you guys mind sharing the weight reduction knowledge with me please? I'd love to shed some more weight where I can afford to. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread