Availability/Mintage '13 GT500

mach330

Established Member
I placed an order for a 2013, but the dealership claims they may not be able to get one. Supposedly they are only building 1500 (according to the dealership). I know the guys at the dealership are good people, if this is false information they are just passing along what they heard from the district guys.

Is there any truth to this? I heard from an unknown source Ford was producing these in quantities "to meet demand".

bpmurr

Established Member
I'm guessing 5000-10,000 like in previous years. I can say for certain 1500 is way too low.

KsE

Established Member
The dealership i ordered from is only getting two this model year. They are a good sized dealer too. He also stated ford is only producing 1500. Hes a friend of mine so either we got some bad info or he got some bad info.

Ninjak

Posting from The Shadow's
Established Member
I seriously doubt they will only produce 1500 13's.....just saying.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
People. Ford has said build to demand. Highly doubt 1500 would meet demand

BossAnaki

Established Member
They (Ford) have said in multiple interveiws that they will build as many as there are orders for.

needspeed

Interested Party
Established Member
I placed an order for a 2013, but the dealership claims they may not be able to get one. Supposedly they are only building 1500 (according to the dealership). I know the guys at the dealership are good people, if this is false information they are just passing along what they heard from the district guys.

Is there any truth to this? I heard from an unknown source Ford was producing these in quantities "to meet demand".

If this is true it only represents what will be built in the first production run of 2013s. Then the order banks will reopen for a full run of 2013s. So I bet if you do not get one this summer/fall you will get one after that........Steve

Last edited:

RLL

Established Member
If Ford can sell 5,000 or more GT500 why would they build only 1500 for the 13 model year? These are not custom hand built cars. What parts would limit production? The more they sell, assuming there is demand, the better chance to cover development and testing costs and turn a profit with their SVT program. Sorry, but I have hard time believing someone who wants to sell me a car. Good luck to you.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
Yea a dealer tried to feed me the same bull, the 1500 likely represents the initial allocation for the dealers, from there they would be able to do factory stock orders or as many as they sell...im going to guess less than 10K units get sold this year....and yes as long as who wants one gets one thats all that matters, me included :beer:

Chris!

Former Ford Dealer
Established Member
I can tell you that Ford has WAY more than 1500 orders in the system currently for them.

You can expect over 5000 cars to be built for the 2013 model year.

I hope that you are not paying a dealer markup.

SSThunder

Established Member
Probably wrong info I'd guess. I've even seen a dealer list a 2011 GT500 as "limited" lol. Bad thing was they had a $1,000 added cost for the "limited" tag. Glad the dealer I'm buying my 2011 from isn't playing that game.

SVTour99

Up and Coming SVT Poster
Established Member
Link to where Ford said build to meet demand??

"To what, exactly? It’s likely that the 2013 Shelby coupe will start at less than $60,000 when it appears in dealerships in May, but not by much. Production is “limited” to how many the company can sell—Ford would be happy with 10,000 a year—and there will be no effort to cap the run at a certain number."
-Per Car and Driver

Don't expect this car to be an investment

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread