Avoid user: fak3r (lying thief)

Status
Not open for further replies.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
This thread is stupid.

Your friend shouldn't have bought the car site unseen. If you are dropping that kind of coin on a 10 year old car do some ground work.

The seller has no responsibility to have to pay anything to the buyer. He bought it as is.

I think it is admirable that you are trying to help your friend recover something but it is silly to drag the sellers name through the mud because your friend didn't do his home work.

Last edited:

65fastback2+2

Established Member
This thread is stupid.

Your friend shouldn't have bought the car site unseen. If you are dropping that kind of coin on a 10 year old car do some ground work.

The seller has no responsibility to have to pay anything to the buyer. He bought it as is.

I think it is admirable that you are trying to help your friend recover something but it is silly to drag the sellers name through the mud because your friend didn't do his home work.

what?

Im calling the seller out because he lied.

All there is to it right there.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
And again, I already agreed that more homework shoulda been done. Doesnt mean a seller can just flat out lie.

I suppose I could list a pic of an xbox one shipping box, and claim its "100% pristine and plays perfectly" and then just mail you the empty shipping box, right? After all, apparently believing a lie is the buyer's fault.

smh

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
what?

Im calling the seller out because he lied.

All there is to it right there.

I see car ads all the time saying a car is "clean" or "mint" when they certainly are not. Maybe the sellers opinion of "like a 10,000 mile car" is different than the rest of the world but it is just that an opinion. It may have been misleading but I wouldn't call it a lie.

You also said thief.......

Which he is not.

Your friend bought the car site unseen and got burned.

All there is to it.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
And again, I already agreed that more homework shoulda been done. Doesnt mean a seller can just flat out lie.

I suppose I could list a pic of an xbox one shipping box, and claim its "100% pristine and plays perfectly" and then just mail you the empty shipping box, right? After all, apparently believing a lie is the buyer's fault.

smh

So your friend got and empty box with no Xbox one in it?

Not even close to the same thing.

He got everything that was in the ad. Just maybe not in the condition it was advertised as. But that is subjective.

65fastback2+2

Established Member
He got everything that was in the ad. Just maybe not in the condition it was advertised as but that is subjective.

ya, because "near perfect" typically includes problems everywhere, wont run and overheats. right. every 10k mile near perfect car Ive seen is just like that. subjective my butt.

jim-head-shake.gif

Machdup1

Established Member
The seller owes the buyer about $5,000 - $8,000 for the misrepresentations or the wrath of SVTP should ruin his life.

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
ya, because "near perfect" typically includes problems everywhere, wont run and overheats. right. every 10k mile near perfect car Ive seen is just like that. subjective my butt.

jim-head-shake.gif

Had he had done his homework it first he wouldn't be in this predicament would he.........

Sinister04L

RIP Kane
Established Member
Seller is a huge douche but you have to do your homework when buying something like this, especially from someone you don't personally know.

When I sold my Lightning it was sight unseen to a guy in Cali after a 45 minute phone conversation. It was more money than this Cobra in question and honestly, I was shocked he was doing it. Luckily for him I'm an upstanding seller and the truck was perfect. Too bad it didn't work out that way this time. Tough lesson learned.

TBCobra

Established Member
Premium Member
Beer Money Bros.
Unless you buy a car that is brand new and near brand new you aren't going to know the exact condition it is in by just pictures and hearsay.

But in this case there seems to be a lot that was not discussed or disclosed. It's one thing for there to be a few scratches or small chips in the paint but a list of problems like this should have been spoken of. Especially when you're talking about 27k.

You can bash the buyer all you want for expecting someone to do the right thing but in the end it's the sellers fault for not being honest about the car.

aarons04cobra

Established Member
Ya I feel bad that he was expecting a perfect car and definitely did not get it. But in all honesty, from a neutral view point, I blame the buyer for not looking into it more before the purchase.

DSG2003Mach1

Established Member
Premium Member
did the buyer make a gigantic screw up in not having someone look at the car at the time of the sale or looking at it himself? Yes, of course. I couldnt imagine dropping that kinda coin on anything used sight unseen.

Does that make the seller any less of a POS for mis-representing the condition of the car? No

if the seller wasnt a less than truthful guy a presale inspection wouldnt be an issue.

fact is the car is NOT what was advertised

Last edited:

pho_phizzat

Dapper as ****
Established Member
had the seller not lied...the homework would have been done.

Trust someone you have never met from across the country...... Might as well send a your bank information to Nigeria to claim the 3 million dollars they owe you....

See what I mean?

The seller bragged up the car. No doubt, but this thread is dumb because:

A. the buyer didn't do his homework. and
B. There is nothing you can do about it now.

Last edited:

2KBlackGT

The Man, Myth, The Legend
Established Member
27K was to much for that car even if it was in good condition. Hope things work out for your buddy.

Fuzzy Logic

ʎʇıןɐǝɹ ɹnoʎ ʇɔǝɾǝɹ ן
Established Member
why would op's friend buy a car SIGHT UNSEEN for 27k and NOT invest a couple hundred more to check out the car personally / have a certified mechanic check it out? believing the seller? unfortunately condition is all subjective. seller thought of his car one way and advertised as such.

a certified tech would've proved otherwise and also saved a lot of grief & $$$. if you're buying a used vehicle, use a fine tooth comb to go over it.

Weather Man

Persistance Is A Bitch
Established Member
What does "near perfect" mean to any particular guy? I worked in powersports and auto sales. I am here to tell you that a great many guys don't have a clue. You can't trust that the sellers definition is the same as YOUR definition.

Guy Fawkes

Established Member
had the seller not lied...the homework would have been done.

And thats why he got hosed. I dont understand how youre not getting this through your head dude. No one is saying the seller isnt a dirt bag, but its 100% on the buyer to make sure and know what they are buying.

Also he owes you a 10 sec car, not a 10 min car. Sorry watched F&F last night.

5spd07gt

BaggedCobra
Established Member
wow, i'd be furious. I bought my Shelby and Terminator sight unseen and got lucky I guess as they were exactly as described. Just sold my Shelby this week to guy in Texas also sight unseen.

c6zhombre

E85 NutSwinger
Established Member
you know, this isn't craigslist or your local papers classified.....this is svtperformance and is designed to be a tight knit community of enthusiasts...that polices itself. Anyone blaming the buyer 100%, you don't get "it" and honestly I wouldn't buy a thing from you or the seller of this car. Does the buyer share some blame here...absolutely. But it's the sellers name that is ruined now and doubtful they'll ever sell another item on this forum.

This thread accomplishes what the community is designed to do....purge the trash

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread