AWD 03-04 Cobra

would you buy an AWD kit for your 03-04 if it was affordable?

• yes

Votes: 47 38.2%
  • no

Votes: 76 61.8%

• Total voters

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
If somebody could make an affordable AWD kit for the 03-04 Cobra would you want one? 1.5 60' times on street tires!

Last edited:

dgussin1

If I offend you, IDGAF
Established Member
Originally posted by Robertson Racin
I haven't seen a IRS that can handle the hp, let alone AWD

lamborghini murcielago(580hp AWD IRS) and the gallardo(500 hp AWD IRS) Porsche turbo (420 hp AWD IRS)

what u talkin' about Willis

Last edited:

Great8

Pulley-less in Motown
Established Member
No, our cars are heavy enough already, without adding another axle & propshaft, let alone a transfer case.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
id rather spend the money on light weight parts to get the curb weight down to 3200lbs or so, and bump up the hp. this aint no rally car. if it was real affordable, tough, and didnt weigh too much, then yes, i'd take it. is all that going to happen? i dont think so.

Robertson Racin

All American Muscle
Established Member
I'm sorry, I'm talking 600+rwhp, about 710 at the flywheel...
example. Colemans car...

Like I said I haven't seen an IRS handle the HP #'s these cars are putting down...

Your talking big money:rockon:

Last edited:

SnakeBit

Mid-Life Crisis my ass!
Established Member
People already complain about the 4X4 look. Do you think that a AWD will fit without jacking the car up higher than it's stock height? You would have to raise the engine up higher (so much for affordable) to get axles to the front wheels, nevermind the tranaxle. I suppose if you throw enough money at it, AWD is possible, but it would require a complete redesign. Maybe I'm being pessimistic, but that's just the engineer in me. More power to you if you can pull it off.

xVENOMx

straight boostin
Established Member
hahahaha wutchya talkin bout willis thats hilaious cuz im watchin surreal life and garey coleman was on it and vanillia ice was try to get him to say wutchya taklin bout willis and he flipped and like started crying lmao anyway an awd kit would be very cool, keep those sti's mouths shut

03gobluecobra

torque steer sucks
Established Member
I'm pretty sure the skyline has been making like 1000hp on the AWD. Unless that is something that has to be swapped out to allow the car to have that much power.

03InThe11s

i meant 10s :)
Established Member
Originally posted by xVENOMx
hahahaha wutchya talkin bout willis thats hilaious cuz im watchin surreal life and garey coleman was on it and vanillia ice was try to get him to say wutchya taklin bout willis and he flipped and like started crying lmao anyway an awd kit would be very cool, keep those sti's mouths shut

duwhat? :dw:
and we allready keep the sti's mouth's shut. they get real quiet when all they see is taillights. :burnout:

akaeric

Established Member
Allwheel drive takes the fun away I like to be able to light the tires up or do a litle slide job if I feel like it. I'm not into road racing and I don't live in a snow or icy area I can drive my car year around and thats the only thing I could think it would be good for. A AWD converstion wouldn't be cheap no way you are talking about alot if parts and mods that would have to be done.

stang2009

Banned
i would do it if i had the chance....then again i dont have a terminator...lol...we would all be running some IMPRESSIVE times down the track if it cost 2,000.00$...imagine an AWD kenne bell 03 cobra...whew....10`s easily.

Users who are viewing this thread