axleback hp?

ViciousJay

Established Member
He's got an inaccurate reading dyno.
The dyno shop clearly needs to calibrate the dyno correctly, or they just like customers to feel they have super special cars and hope that brings in more customers who want dyno glory for bragging rights.
You could take his car with it's supposed 402 rwhp and a guy who took his stock 5.0 to a different dyno that gave him 350 rwhp and do some rolling runs and guess what.....if they have the same gearing and same octane, they'll run pretty much side by side with each other.
50 rwhp difference on a SAE certified, balanced, computer spec'd and built motors is not going to happen.
50 rwhp would mean one 5.0 could pull multiple car lengths on another in a rolling 40-120 mph rolling run.

It ain't going to happen with equal cars and equal drivers guys.
It's purely bad calibrated dynos.

Same goes with Shawn's or anybody elses (like Inside Line, etc) whose dynos gave them 390 rwhp stock. It's just a high reading badly calibrated dyno, plain and simple.

i totally agree, normally ill dyno at 2 places, add the two numbers and divide by 2 and that should be close enough to your power

Last edited:

CobraGixxer

Established Member
SAE.

I agree every dyno is different.

But there have been quite a few 2011 GT putting down 390-395rwhp.

Last edited:

CobraGixxer

Established Member
The dyno I use is Dynacom 1800se thats less than 2 months old with an inertia of 70.7 and a roll diameter of 60.98.

The Dynacom numbers were 390.5rwhp and 359.9rwtq.
Dynacom has a 3% correction factor based upon Dynojet 224X built into the software which equated to 402.2rwhp and 370.7rwtq.

Users who are viewing this thread