Back in the cobra game, looking for a new ride

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
Sold my 03 Cobra I purchased new five years ago to a great dude from Tennessee. Little background, son was ill and needed the money to pay for medical expenses. Long story short, son passed and car was gone and I was one sad dude. :(. Fast forward four years later just got word from my bank that I was preapproved for enough to be able to put me back in another cobra.

Looking for one that's built already or a bone stock one. Haven't decided yet. I don't plan on letting this one get away from me. I could buy something newer but damn if I'm stubborn and I don't like anything out right now. Maybe it was the emotional attachment to the cobra or the memories with my son riding in it.

Just wanted to share my enthusiasm.

only problem is I'm stuck in Afghanistan for another 3 months and can't jump on any good deals now so if there are any sweet cobras out there, stay away from them till I get back! :dw:

:banana:

TNTLightning

DSG Terminator
Established Member
So sorry to hear about your son. Hope you find what you are looking for. What color, mods, etc? I will keep an eye out for what you want.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
I'm also very sorry about your son. That's tough. Really tough. How old was he?

You should be able to find the Terminator of your dreams when you return to the states. I wish you the best in your quest. Happy hunting! :)

Narcosynthesis

Knees in the Breeze!
Established Member
I'm also very sorry about your son. That's tough. Really tough. How old was he?

You should be able to find the Terminator of your dreams when you return to the states. I wish you the best in your quest. Happy hunting! :)

He was nine months old. Brain cancer. I have since had a new son who is happy healthy and driving his mother insane. Just turned two so he's old enough to go driving with his old man and enjoy it...maybe. he'll probably just throw a juice box at me from the back seat.

I'm looking for a mystichrome coupe. Saw one I want one state over but doubt it will be for sale still when i get back. I think I'm going to go for a black/silver/red coupe with a whipple, fuel mods, and subframe connectors. I'm keeping it simple.

afghanistan isn't so bad. mostly sit behind a desk. Glad im not in kandahar though, place literally smells like shit.

FIST13F

Established Member
Sorry to hear about your son. Kandahar does smell like sh** I was only there on the way in and out but it was terrible lol. Good luck with the search, I just found my 03 cobra a few weeks ago, the dealer i got it from always has 03-04 cobras and the most thats been done to any of them was a catback

massmustang02

I hate Wrist Pins
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your son. Good luck with your search. Contemplating putting mine up for sale to see what's out there. And thank you for your service.

kingcobra8541

The Dude
Established Member
Sorry to hear about your son...I have a 2 year old (almost 3)and dont think I would be able to deal with it if something happen to him. I took him for a ride in my cobra the other day for the first time in awhile and it made my week when he was saying "COBRA! VROOM! VROOM! YAH!" Kids are so awesome...Moments lake that make all the aggravation that they put you through so worth it.

CobraBob

Authorized Vendor
Established Member
Premium Member
Single Barrel Sirs
He was nine months old. Brain cancer. I have since had a new son who is happy healthy and driving his mother insane. Just turned two so he's old enough to go driving with his old man and enjoy it...maybe. he'll probably just throw a juice box at me from the back seat.

I'm looking for a mystichrome coupe. Saw one I want one state over but doubt it will be for sale still when i get back. I think I'm going to go for a black/silver/red coupe with a whipple, fuel mods, and subframe connectors. I'm keeping it simple.

afghanistan isn't so bad. mostly sit behind a desk. Glad im not in kandahar though, place literally smells like shit.

I'm very sorry to hear that. That is so, so young. But it is wonderful that you now have a new son who is "healthy and driving his mother insane". You must love him a ton. Even when he throws juice boxes. LOL.

Whatever Cobra you end up with, I really hope it is your dream car. You deserve it. And thank you so much for serving and protecting our country. Be safe!

Users who are viewing this thread