Back to Basics

Emwun Garand

Established Member
Trying to actually go reverse as far as mods go.

I'm getting rid of the K member and Control Arms that I have and going back to stock. I'm also ditching the coil overs and going back to H&R springs.

That said, the parts I'm putting back in the car are coming off a 113k mile Cobra with the exception of the springs. What would you guys recommend as a good replacement for the stock shocks/struts?

My goal is to improve ride quality as it went to shit with the tubular suspension and coil overs. Street car only, no track use.

shurur

Established Member
Bilstein B8 sports match the H&R Race springs....same Spring/Strut combo as on 2000R.
MM sells them as 2000R struts/shocks..they are B8s...and supercede the original 2000R strut/shocks.

They can be bought at eshocks, AJUsa, ebay..

SpectorV

Established Member
you can probably find some slightly used OEM shocks/struts for cheap if you wanted to go back towards OEM~ (coupe and vert are different FYI)

Tractionless1

Established Member
There are K-members available that let you retain everything including OE A-arms etc. That's why I went AJE for weight reduction and under motor clearance but keep OE ride quality. I had a coil over setup on another platform, never again.

SlowSVT

Established Member
Trying to actually go reverse as far as mods go.

I'm getting rid of the K member and Control Arms that I have and going back to stock. I'm also ditching the coil overs and going back to H&R springs.

That said, the parts I'm putting back in the car are coming off a 113k mile Cobra with the exception of the springs. What would you guys recommend as a good replacement for the stock shocks/struts?

My goal is to improve ride quality as it went to shit with the tubular suspension and coil overs. Street car only, no track use.

The stock Bilstein's are actually pretty good shocks I would consider those.

What suspension combo were you running and why are you changing? Always interesting hearing someone's perspective when swapping back to stock hardware and there are reason why this makes sense as you stated. Many people automatically assume aftermarket components results in an "improvement" in all situations when sometimes they are not and can make for an awful car to drive.

Users who are viewing this thread