Back to the track again...

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
Got a chance to make a few runs this morning at a private track event. Only was able to stay for about an hour as I had a family event to go to and I couldn't miss it. Still managed to get 5 runs in.

This was my first trip to the track with the new mods (intake, 2.5", tune, and DR's) and the results were what I expected. Need more practice launching this car :)

Here's how they went.
***all runs were within 5 minutes of each other, approximately 20 minutes after arriving at the track***

Run 60' 1/8 MPH ET MPH
1. 2.39 8.68 91.50 12.87 118.82 35psi-3500rpm/bogged bad
2. 2.29 8.60 92.67 12.75 119.68 35psi-4000rpm/bogged/grind 2nd
3. 2.07 8.43 90.97 12.64 118.31 30psi-4300rpm/less bog/grind 2nd
4. 1.90 8.30 89.23 12.54 117.83 28psi-4600rpm/less bog/grind 2nd
5. 1.93 8.07 92.57 12.23 119.53 28psi-5000rpm/no bog/granny shifted all shifts so I could have a clean run..

Think I could have gotten her down into the 11's today with some more RPM off the line and maybe a little cool down between runs. Car definitely has the power for it.

Won't come back to the track till I get an MGW or Barton installed. If I could bang that 1-2 shift like I want to, I know there are a few more tenths left in the car.

On another note, i'm guessing that the little variation in trap speeds, with little to no cool down times, is attributed to the fact that my car is already heat soaked from the 75 minutes drive at 85mph to the track :burnout: I'm guessing a couple more MPH could be found if I let it cool down after getting there (or just get a new HE/Radiator).

1320 Junkie

Established Member
Your tire pressure is way too high....15.5psi is where you want to be. Your also leaving too high rpm wise...3-3200 rpm is where u need to launch @ and ease the clutch out then hammer the pedal to the floor. I went 11.9's with no hp mods just Nitto NT05r's and the driver mod.

Last edited:

GTOGreg

Crazy Sum-B
Established Member
Yep, tire pressure off the charts (actually great for street, not so much for track). I ran my best time with the M&H DR @ 18 psi.

Otherwise, nice progression with your ETs and good trap speeds for stock blower. Shows promise. Practice will help immensely.

What are you shifting at? 1-2 grind sucks. No assurance MGW will fix your problem...

Last edited:

ShelbyKid

It sounds stock..
Established Member
Your tire pressure is way too high....15.5psi is where you want to be. Your also leaving too high rpm wise...3-3200 rpm is where u need to launch @ and ease the clutch out then hammer the pedal to the floor. I went 11.9's with no hp mods just Nitto NT05r's and the driver mod.

Was planning on getting down to 17-18psi eventually, as I remember reading about your runs. next time..

Here is a little info I kept in my bookmarks about the 1-2 shift issue and possibly a cure. Good read if you ask me.

2013 Shelby GT500 1st to 2nd shift still GRIND! - Page 3 - Ford Shelby Cobra GT500 Forum

Will check that out..thanks!

Yep, tire pressure off the charts (actually great for street, not so much for track). I ran my best time with the M&H DR @ 18 psi.

Otherwise, nice progression with your ETs and good trap speeds for stock blower. Shows promise. Practice will help immensely.

What are you shifting at? 1-2 grind sucks. No assurance MGW will fix your problem...

Will get that psi down next time and yeah, progression was nice. Too bad I had to bail. Kept "figuring" it out a little more after each run.

I was there today. Where you in the blue 13? There was some pretty fast cars out.

No, i was in a black 12'. Was there early in the morning, out by 10:45. There were some fast cars there.

I'm running 555Rs btw. they are on my car full time. Was a fun time, wish I could have stayed around longer. I'll be back once I get the 1-2 shift fixed (or at least remedied a bit).

lkempf

Established Member
Shifter stick change

Has anyone else tried this shifter stick change with any luck? Willing to try anything to fix the dreaded 1-2 grind.

Devious_Snake

PSR Major!
Established Member
@shelbykid, sorry I did not see you bro we got there around 11. You are getting there but I agree, pressure has to come down. Hope you get the stupid grind fixed, see you at the next one!

NightRide

Roll Racer
Established Member
Has anyone else tried this shifter stick change with any luck? Willing to try anything to fix the dreaded 1-2 grind.

Yes, one of the guys did a write up on switching to a pistol grip with a taller shift handle and he said it fixed it, you will have to search for it over on the GT500 forum.

Users who are viewing this thread