Back to track Oh-Ya

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
bluestreak89 said:
I guess the point you are trying to make is that we are better of buying a talon and making it run 10's and still have money left over? Well in some people minds that is a POS.

W3RD!

:lol: :lol:

BLK93GT

Established Member
Fourcam330 said:
Will wonders never cease...How on earth did he trap higher with ET Streets than he did with the stock tires? I thought due to the increased rolling resistance Streets/Slicks provide you always lost trap speed? :rollseyes

In all seriousness, nice runs;-)

With traction you ALWAYS get less trap speed.....:rolling: LOL

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
BLK93GT said:
You would have alot of $$ left over to have a DOZEN spare trannies and other parts after you break something every other pass....:kaboom:

Every OTHER?!!? Jeeze, I never would have thought you could get more than one pass per tranny?!?! :poke:

speed_demon24

Established Member
BLK93GT said:
With traction you ALWAYS get less trap speed.....:rolling: LOL

Only when you don't have alot of power. If you spin the 1st 2 gears on street tires your trap is going to suffer too. Put street tires on a top fuel car and see what happens. ;-)

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
speed_demon24 said:
Put street tires on a top fuel car and see what happens. ;-)
My prediction:

He rolls into the burnout box, blips the throttle and BOOM! They spontaneously combust.:lol1:

ac427cobra

FULLTILTBOOGIERACING.COM
Super Moderator
2-slow said:
My prediction:

He rolls into the burnout box, blips the throttle and BOOM! They spontaneously combust.:lol1:

Damn 2-slow, I read that and I laughed my ass off!! :lol: I thought you were going to have the Talon tranny in the above quote?!? :pepper:

Then I get to the post and you're talking about the tires!?!? :(

What a let down! :cryying:

;-) :poke:

2-slow

Say what?
Established Member
ac427cobra said:
Damn 2-slow, I read that and I laughed my ass off!! :lol: I thought you were going to have the Talon tranny in the above quote?!? :pepper:

Then I get to the post and you're talking about the tires!?!? :(

What a let down! :cryying:

;-) :poke:
Sorry I let you down!:( I'll try harder. :beer:
Damn that would have been good though.

JEllis

Established Member
Could the GT500 have been better... yes... okay now thats out of the way...

Great times man.. love it... love it....LOVE IT

Jason

MD03SVT

Established Member
To confirm blk93GT's point I did trap higher when my 60' was higher due to wheel spin here is another of my runs the same day.

1.870/7.841/12.161/118.025

I have always prefered to be quick rather than fast.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
MD03SVT said:
To confirm blk93GT's point I did trap higher when my 60' was higher due to wheel spin here is another of my runs the same day.

1.870/7.841/12.161/118.025

I have always prefered to be quick rather than fast.

i have a dumb question. is speed calculated at the track by how fast the wheels are spinning or actual time and distance a car is moving?

inside of the car i know it registers from calculations on how fast the wheels are spinning.

Badasp5.0

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
what the hell are you talking about? you are in the wrong thread. this guy pulls off a good time in a stock gt500 vert and the only thing you can say is what a waste of money?

lets talk about his 12.5 time at 116 for a stock vert rear wheel drive vehicle. where else can you find that for any amount of money. lets talk about taking that same vehicle out and compete with a stock 997 cab or stock c6 vert out on a road course. did i miss a stock vert that can compete with these cars that cost under 50k?

how much have you spent on your car through the years? yes it is still worthless.:pepper: :beer:

+1 I think he was lost.........
Awesome numbers on the GT500:pepper: :pepper: :pepper: :pepper:

bluestreak89

Established Member
ON D BIT said:
lets talk about his 12.5 time at 116 for a stock vert rear wheel drive vehicle. where else can you find that for any amount of money. lets talk about taking that same vehicle out and compete with a stock 997 cab or stock c6 vert out on a road course. did i miss a stock vert that can compete with these cars that cost under 50k?

:

I have to disagree, I think the C6 will own it on the road course and so will the 997. the high hp and torque + heavy weight + small tires = hard to drive on road course. I would take the C6 anyday with equal drivers. Stock C6's have run mid/low 12's on stock tires which is all we can say for the Shelby in the real world at this point. When you get on the road course the weight takes it's toll on every turn, not just getting the car going

broeli

Established Member
bluestreak89 said:
I have to disagree, I think the C6 will own it on the road course and so will the 997. the high hp and torque + heavy weight + small tires = hard to drive on road course. I would take the C6 anyday with equal drivers. Stock C6's have run mid/low 12's on stock tires which is all we can say for the Shelby in the real world at this point. When you get on the road course the weight takes it's toll on every turn, not just getting the car going
No doubt about that. Weight takes a toll on rotors, brake pads, tires, etc. in a huge way. The Shelby might turn a few good laps..but extended 20 minute+ sessions would not be pretty :)

BLK93GT

Established Member
speed_demon24 said:
Only when you don't have alot of power. If you spin the 1st 2 gears on street tires your trap is going to suffer too. Put street tires on a top fuel car and see what happens. ;-)

Oh yea, I know that. Usually with slicks you are going to trap less and get better times vs. street tires depending on the amount of traction loss. I ran a 13.2@108 with a 2.1 60 ft in my 93 GT..then with a 1.90 60ft I ran a 12.77@111 ...picking up MPH and running a better time. I'm sure with slicks I could have ran an easy 12.5 or better..but dropped to 110 mph or possibly lower. In all the cars I have raced at the track over the past 10-12 years, if it spun in 2nd gear...or after I was past the 60ft mark..I LOST speed. If it was already hooking pretty good in the 60ft to begin with and no spin into 2nd..the better the 60ft I got the lower the trap speed was.

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
bluestreak89 said:

i said compete not win. i have not seen a test between the 997 cab and c6 vert on the track. i have seen the a comparison in coupe form on the track between these two cars. in that test the c6 turned better lap times consistently, though the porsche competed.
based on this information and bruce's info(an accomplished road racer/instructor) that the gt500 will out preform the 2000r out on the track in stock form i made my statement. are you saying bluestreak that the stock 2000r can not compete with the 997 coupe and c6 today?

yes after a number of laps, the motor and brakes would not allow the gt500 to turn competitive times anymore. i am not disputing this. i am saying the gt500 will compete for best lap time in comparison to the stock 997, c6, and 2000r mustang svt.

Users who are viewing this thread